How much health do you aim for?

NeoRinTinTin

I currently try to get my health as close to exactly 20k as possible as a sort of deterrent when I'm solo guarding a node or door.

Now I'm sort of having second thoughts and considering to go the pure DPS root which would drop my health 600 points and increase my power from 570 to 766 (+30 damage, +30 bonus damage.)

Edited by NeoRinTinTin

I currently try to get my health as close to exactly 20k as possible as a sort of deterrent when I'm solo guarding a node or door.

Now I'm sort of having second thoughts and considering to go the pure DPS root which would drop my health 600 points and increase my power from 570 to 766 (+30 damage, +30 bonus damage.)

i prefer power over health as a dps. If a team wants me dead Ill get dead no matter how much health i have. So I'd rather kill whats in front of me quicker. Right now Im sitting at 918 bonus damage (have stacked 1025 power)

I've got 23k on my Guardian Tank (unbuffed) 25k if I get a Trooper buff and a Fortitude Stim, plus throw in 2 defensive CDs. Trust me it doesn't deter anyone at all. Most players barely stop to check an enemies stats before launching an attack. They see you solo guarding and think they can pick you off. If it's 2 on 1 they might have a chance (if they're any good). And it never stops stealth units from trying to stun you into the ground (I hate Operatives).

Like the previous poster said though, if your a DPS type go with focusing on damage, your best bet is to kill them before they kill you. If you're a Melee Tank then go with endurance for more HP, you're not going to out DPS a Sentinel or Marauder, so you need to last long enough for backup to arrive. Ranged Tanks would probably be best off trying to balance endurance and aim, if you can keep them at a distance you'll want to kill them quick, but if they get in close you need to be able to hold them off.