2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

• Dev Post

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1. That isn't to say that things like new items or a new pack wouldn't be in that update as that is the kind of thing we are adding constantly.

-eric

PS - The Gree Enclave wanted me to also pass on that you will see them before Game Update 2.2...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the pushed up the deadline on 2.2 to use it as a PR spin to stifle some of the anger?

No I don't. Player anger comes with the turf in MMOs. Developers know this. If they acede to anger.. they start making bad decisions.. and just end up deeper in trouble over time.

I've been on the other side of consumer anger many times in my career (but not in MMOs, or games of any kind). You listen to consumer feedback, but you do not react to anger. It serves no purpose to do so. It does not make the consumer less angry, but it does derail planned ongoing activity.

LOL... yeah.. even though people are in fact complaining. I see.

You don't complain to get a product improved. It does not work with corporations. It would be nice and much simpler for you if it did.. but it does not. You want changes.... you present ideas, discuss them, make a case, establish credibility for consideration.... and then wait and see what comes to pass. Rinse and repeat if needed or desired.

Complaining on the other hand is an emotional method of venting. It servers no purpose but to vent personal steam, sometimes at something, sometimes at somone, sometimes both.

And brown nosing ALL THE TIME has worked for you?

Can I ask when will see new raids so that we are not repeating the same stuff over again. So we had to do TFB HM for Dread Guard gear (63) and then again for Underworld (72) and then will have to do it again for TFB NM for Krell Dragon gear (75) it is so boring having been farming the same instances for 6months + to then have to do it again for slightly different gear.

Each big update should include a new flashpoint and warzone and every other patch add a raid.

Edited by ArsenalJaycen

Think about it for a second, 2.2 drops the exact same day as E3 starts, i dont think 2.2 was pushed anywhere, This is hickman we are talking about he will do what he wants when he wants and how he wants no matter what the playerbase say, so no amount of uproar on 2.1 would have moved 2.2.

2.2 is strategicly placed for a reason, what that reason is god only knows.

I think there is a lot of truth to this. E3 is a showcase too good to pass up a chance to sync up with.

Completely separate issue, worthy of it's own topic. This topic was about what's in 2.1. It should not be hijacked over the disagreement with method of purchase IMO.

You'll have to forgive me then I didn't realize I was hijacking this thread, I was offering valid opinion on what he mentioned my apologies if you were offended.

PS - The Gree Enclave wanted me to also pass on that you will see them before Game Update 2.2...

I don't suppose you've spoken to the rakghouls lately too? I'd be more interested in hearing from them, even if it is just blurghawarghrarrrr.

And brown nosing ALL THE TIME has worked for you?

Again with the perjoratives and exaggerations. Really, is this all you have?

You you want to discuss the topic, or discuss me? What does name calling and innuendo directed at me do for you exactly? How does it promote constructive discussion about the topic of this thread?

I don't suppose you've spoken to the rakghouls lately too? I'd be more interested in hearing from them, even if it is just blurghawarghrarrrr.

Yeah, I would like to see the rakcghouls make a reappearance too. :)

Apparently the Gree are more persistent. :p

You'll have to forgive me then I didn't realize I was hijacking this thread, I was offering valid opinion on what he mentioned my apologies if you were offended.

I'm not offended at all tands.

I simply stated that your issue was worthy of it's own thread and would benefit by it, while not hijacking this thread in the process.

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1. That isn't to say that things like new items or a new pack wouldn't be in that update as that is the kind of thing we are adding constantly.

-eric

Add a pack or new items. Fine. But after 2.1, it gives the idea of the direction of this becoming the norm for updates. We will see CM only updates in the future but NEVER see an update that has nothing to do with the CM. That is not a good vision to set forth TBH. Will we see an update with subs in mind without thinking of the stipend? It can be done you know. And whatever that update would have, put the content on the CM for the free people too. I'm wondering when that update will happen again. Last time was prior to F2P when all there was in the playerbase was subs and trial to 15's.

However for you to say "focuses largely around" was kind of soft and PR speak. 2.1 is completely CM.

-eric

yes but is it the sssp :p:p

Hmm so we are generalizing and just classifying all that dislike the barber shop and subscribers. That's interesting...pretty sure my post history suggest otherwise. .

Anyway on to the subject at hand.

As a subscriber. Did I pay for hide helmet slot? It's a feature, cosmetic in nature, that FTP has to pay cartel coins for.

As a subscriber. Did I pay for color match? Another feature, cosmetic in nature, that FTP has to pay cartel coins for.

I had my cartel grant during all of those.

So why am I paying for the basic feature of changing my hair cut? Or shaving/growing a beard?

Am I going to have to pay CC to unlock hood toggle per gear when it comes too?

Again I will say it. This is the first time, as a subscriber, I have felt like a FTP player, something they theirselves (bioWare) said they never wanted for subscribers. If they continue to charge me for basic features, this feeling of devalue will continue.

Am I quitting? Nope, never said I was. Am I concerned and a bit disappointed? Yup. Did I begin re-evaluating my options in swtor? Yup.

I'm not sure what about that is difficult to understand or in any of that I have predicted doom or gloom. I have always supported this game and developer and at this time, with this BASIC feature being charged to me, my eyebrow has been raised. Then, them flat out saying they will not fix a bug, made me roll my eyes.

Can I ask when will see new raids so that we are not repeating the same stuff over again. So we had to do TFB HM for Dread Guard gear (63) and then again for Underworld (72) and then will have to do it again for TFB NM for Krell Dragon gear (75) it is so boring having been farming the same instances for 6months + to then have to do it again for slightly different gear.

Each big update should include a new flashpoint and warzone and every other patch add a raid.

You can also do Scum and Villainy for 72 gear in HM, which is a new raid. So we did get a new raid. I will say though that there should be a third raid for level 55 and a couple of new fp's as well. I am hoping 2.2 will help us there.

Back on topic:

I am a subscriber and I look at each update critically to make sure I feel my sub still is a fair deal compared to the total package. I will wait for next week to make my judgment about this. Now, I did see that there are some freebies for subs and I do remember reading that subs will get discounted prices at the kiosk. If that means the prices are acceptable at the kiosk then I will be ok with this. If the prices for subs are too high so that the monthly coin allowance is under too much pressure (my indicator will be what it costs to change appearance on 1-2 characters as a monthly cost base for myself) then I will not be happy with it.

By itself though I am happy to have the possibility to make changes to characters and have a dye system. I am still a bit uncertain about which armours can be dyed. It says all craftable armour over level 15 but there are very limited craftable gear sets that look really cool. It may be useful if they also release some dyable gear in the cartel shop and add more interesting armour sets to the crafting range.

Again with the perjoratives and exaggerations. Really, is this all you have?

You you want to discuss the topic, or discuss me? What does name calling and innuendo directed at me do for you exactly? How does it promote constructive discussion about the topic of this thread?

You were name calling and generalizing before I did. I used what you were saying back and now you get defensive? Really?

No I don't. Player anger comes with the turf in MMOs. Developers know this. If they acede to anger.. they start making bad decisions.. and just end up deeper in trouble over time.

snip

snip

2.2 is strategicly placed for a reason, what that reason is god only knows.

You both make excellent points. Shingara -- I hadn't even thought of that!

Andryah -- that was exactly my fear -- that they started giving in to anger and were about to make a bad decision. Based on what we've seen so far, though -- on top of what Shingara pointed out, I think my fears have been quelled.

-eric

Lol trying to keep as much people as possible when STO launches their actual expansion? :p

Why are so many people asking for old events?

Here's a novel idea, make a new one. Don't keep asking for old events like it would so awesome to do the same things over and over. We should be asking for new events not pleading for things that have already been done.

You both make excellent points. Shingara -- I hadn't even thought of that!

Andryah -- that was exactly my fear -- that they started giving in to anger and were about to make a bad decision. Based on what we've seen so far, though -- on top of what Shingara pointed out, I think my fears have been quelled.

See my thinking on this they did the same thing last year didnt they more or less, ea press talk and look and in star wars this has just hit now, if my thinking is right it was f2p.

You were name calling and generalizing before I did.

I never name called anyone. I was generalizing.

I used what you were saying back and now you get defensive? Really?

Irony.

And to be honest... you were using what you heard, not what I said. There is a difference.

LOL... I'm guessing more along the lines of Christmas season, if it's even still alive as a project.

And no... I'm not saying which Christmas season. :p

Ow we know its alive, think back to those video blogs hickman did, i think it was the last one, a question about the sssp and he stated and im semi quoting from memory. "yes its alive bla bla played it and its looking great and playing well, this is everything you think it is and more"

Edit can anyone actualy find this vid ??

Edited by Shingara

Add a pack or new items. Fine. But after 2.1, it gives the idea of the direction of this becoming the norm for updates. We will see CM only updates in the future but NEVER see an update that has nothing to do with the CM. That is not a good vision to set forth TBH. Will we see an update with subs in mind without thinking of the stipend? It can be done you know. And whatever that update would have, put the content on the CM for the free people too. I'm wondering when that update will happen again. Last time was prior to F2P when all there was in the playerbase was subs and trial to 15's.

However for you to say "focuses largely around" was kind of soft and PR speak. 2.1 is completely CM.

I still don't see how ONE update that's focused on CM tells us that CM becomes the NORM for updates.

I see a cycle. I see content - bug fix - CM - content - bug fix - CM...

A pattern of ONE occurrence is not a pattern.

Lol trying to keep as much people as possible when STO launches their actual expansion? :p

Oh snap. I didn't even put the time in relation to Legacy of Romulus.

New race.

Half a faction (let's be honest, Romulans are truly just half a faction then you join the Fed or KDF for the other half of the experience and play their missions).

New missions to make KDF go from their half faction to full.

But it's free.

I won't be buying their packs though. 150 dollars for that one? Nah, I don't think so.

STO did charge for their cats too though. And their cat species was part of the canon before Star Wars was even released (INB4 Star Trek copied Star Wars cat people).

Between STO and this game, both have upsides and downsides TBH. (See, Andi, I can be fair and impartial. Try it sometime). I wish I could take the good sides of both games and mash them together and leave the bad out. Now THAT would be a great MMO.