Denova Last Boss Phase 4

So on phase 4 when the Boss is leaving the Mech our group needs to kill a last bomb carrier while I tank the boss with cds and get a little heal. But he hits like a truck. I'm fully rakata equiped and he hit me for 9k as a guardian tank our shadow tank in tank gear was hit for 17k on storymode. Those numbers are kinda insane is there a trick to make him hit less hard?

He needs to be kited the whole time? Not only when he switches to 2nd tank while I have the voidzones? Kiting the whole time once he's out of the mech?

I'm talking about his normal physical dmg it seems extremly high.

Edited by Geryboy

My offtank kited Kephess the entire time -- when we were pulling bombadiers to down the walker (took 2 downs, so we only had to deal with 1 bombadier when he jumped down), and then during the last phase where you kill him

The purple circles are spawning on the tank that picks up Kephess, not Kephess himself.. The best way to do it is whoever starts getting the debuff on him that spawns the circles shoujld go to a corner and start running in line to avoid the circles while hte off tank taunts and holds his aggro while dps melee & ranged beat on him..

After a while the boss will place the debuff on the off tank at which point both tanks switch, the off-tank goes off and runs in lines to avoid purple circles on the other side of the room and the main tank comes back and tanks the boss while dps beat him down..

I've seen a lot of confusion in thinking that the circles are spawning based on the boss like Karraga, but that isn't the case.

Hope this helps.

The purple circles are spawning on the tank that picks up Kephess, not Kephess himself.. The best way to do it is whoever starts getting the debuff on him that spawns the circles shoujld go to a corner and start running in line to avoid the circles while hte off tank taunts and holds his aggro while dps melee & ranged beat on him..

After a while the boss will place the debuff on the off tank at which point both tanks switch, the off-tank goes off and runs in lines to avoid purple circles on the other side of the room and the main tank comes back and tanks the boss while dps beat him down..

I've seen a lot of confusion in thinking that the circles are spawning based on the boss like Karraga, but that isn't the case.

Hope this helps.

no don't want to be rude but it doesn't. I never asked for help on the void zones, I just got physically hit by the boss for 9k and I wasn't in any void zone and our healers have trouble to counter heal the physical dmg he does. And he never enraged. He just hits me extreme hard.

The best way to handle this is to give all the gear that drops to your tanks until they don't need anymore loot. I'm entirely serious. We did that and by the time we got to this boss, the tank could hold the boss just fine during that part of the fight. Our tanks have close to 27k hp now buffed, and they take hits like champs.

Edit: Oh you're talking story mode, not hard mode... Ummm... Just kite him around I guess?

Edited by xenofire

The best way to handle this is to give all the gear that drops to your tanks until they don't need anymore loot. I'm entirely serious. We did that and by the time we got to this boss, the tank could hold the boss just fine during that part of the fight. Our tanks have close to 27k hp now buffed, and they take hits like champs.

Edit: Oh you're talking story mode, not hard mode... Ummm... Just kite him around I guess?

So the boss just hits hard? That's the nature of the beast? no debuff on the tank increasing dmg or any ohter mechanic?

There is a debuff applied to the tank when they get knocked back just before he casts breath of the masters. I'm not sure if it's just there on Hard mode or not. Maybe that's when he's hitting you so hard?

From a hardmode guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=418184

- He will gain a buff called Gift of the Masters, which gives him Breath of the Masters. When he is casting this spell on the tank, the other tank should immediately taunt. Be ready. If the tank affected by the Breath gets hit by the boss even once, it is almost always an instant death for that tank.

- Whoever got the Breath needs to run on the outside edge dropping the purple circles on the ground. 5 of these will drop from one Breath.

- When the other tank gets the Breath, the main tank should grab back as fast as possible. Repeat until boss is dead. Sniper shields are very useful here.

Breath of the Masters Note:

Cshouston: "Touch of the Masters. When Kephess performs his knockback on the current tank, it applies that debuff. Taking a single point of damage is essentially an insta-kill. He knocks back, applies Touch, then shortly after begins to channel Breath. Unfortunately, whether this is by design or a bug, he can get a swing off inbetween the two and one-shot the tank. We handled this by having our offtank taunt immediately after the transition, take the debuff, then pop force speed and run away until the channel for Breath began. At that point, I would taunt it off of him and just tank him in place, providing maximum DPS up-time for our melee. Once Touch wears off on the 2nd tank, he will be very close to applying it again to the current MT, so the cycle repeats. We found this to be optimal because there is very little kiting involved, and the tank with Breath can just run along the wall dropping the purple circles far out of anyone's path."