Dont You agree ?

Uzamakiuchi

I think Bioware Should focus on continent and fixing old gear instead of bringing new packs and gear out cause everytime they deliver broken gear like marka ragnos helm naga shadow chest/pants even the tullak horde gear is broken so basicly less new gear fix old make new continent like new companion stories and conversations

I think Bioware Should focus on continent and fixing old gear instead of bringing new packs and gear out cause everytime they deliver broken gear like marka ragnos helm naga shadow chest/pants even the tullak horde gear is broken so basicly less new gear fix old make new continent like new companion stories and conversations

Not really, I don't think Bioware has ever worked on creating new continents. You do realize people wanted the old gear back right?

Edited by LegoUniverseBC

I don't agree. I consider CM releases content. In fact, if it wasnt for constant CM releases I would not play the game.

Appearance is very important to me.

Now, that is just me....I do not speak for others.

I would also note that game content other than CM is important to me....I left the game completely for a while due to the disappointing design of GSF. I only returned based on the possibilities with Galactic Strongholds. The F2P/Preferred system is far too draconian for my tastes, so when I leave I completely remove myself from the game.

I only spend money on the game if I feel it deserves it.

I like more options for styling my characters, so I look forward to cartel market releases. I don't think that the cartel market takes away from the development of the rest of the game, either. There are separate teams for different content, after all. So no, I don't agree.

You are right they are separate teams that work on CM items and other in game areas.

CM staff is over 100 people.

Combat Team is made up of 3 people (took 1 person away from content when they added arena) and they also have to clean all the bathrooms.

OP Team is made up of 2 people and they have to sweep and mop floors also.

New Content team is made up of 1 person and he also has clean all the windows.

Edited by Warrgames

Oh it's another one of those "stop making cartel stuff and make new stuff instead" threads that completely ignores the fact that the cartel market is what's keeping this game alive and that the rate of new content is on par with most other MMO's (And I don't count cartel stuff as new content here).

Caveat: The following comments are based on factors and conditions relevant only to me; therefore, anything perceived as negative should not be read as a denunciation of the game.

I play SWTOR because I'm marginally fond of the Star Wars movie franchise; I am not generally a fan of science fiction. More importantly, I play SWTOR, as opposed to other MMOs because:

I'm utterly and completely burned out on (WoW), have maxed gold-carrying capacity on three alts there, and accomplished everything I cared to do. The player community has changed drastically over the past few years, and definitely not for the better.

I could probably get into The Secret World (TSW) again, but the game environment frankly depresses me and the last time I tried getting into TSW the crafting system did not appeal to me.

Pirates of the Burning Sea (PotBS) is still hobbling along on life support and it's 17th Century Caribbean sailing ship setting appeals mightily to me. PotBS also has perhaps the best crafting system in any MMO. Unfortunately, while the ship combat is tailor made for someone with my disabilities, the land combat is not.

Perfect World (PW) is another game ideally suited to my physical limitations, and I like the classes, graphics, and animations very much. Years ago it had a good crafting system and economy, but these have been utterly destroyed by the stridently P2W cash shop and mechanisms that allow capping alts in only a few days.

Guild Wars (GW) -- all three expansions -- appeals very much to me because outside of cities the game is totally instanced. The combat works for me in every way, and with the expansions I quite like that I can populate squads comprising my own alts. GW is a very tactical game, something I like above all other games, but crafting there is all but nonexistent and the game is only a quest grind, ostensibly toward a PvP endgame -- something I do not do.

I could go on to list numerous other MMOs: LotRO -- hate the animations and graphics; GW2 -- immature and snarky community; ESO -- bot-ridden, buggy, and ill-conceived; Wildstar -- I outgrew Saturday-morning cartoons 40 odd years ago and the very people who come here praising WS are an indication of the community there.

I play SWTOR not because it's a great game (for me) but because the combat mechanics work for me, there's some crafting (though it's horribly gimped by the CM), and because there're enough things going on in the game universe besides questing that I can remain marginally interested.

In the past I've considered myself a hardcore player -- for years in WoW and PW (before it went totally P2W) I played 12-18 hours daily. My interest in WoW was always purely economic, but in PW I quite prided myself on doing things with squishy clerics that were thought near-impossible, and because I was one of the go-to healers I was continually doing grouped dungeons. My engagement in SWTOR has never reached these levels, not because of the game itself, but because of the community. I don't do groups because they're rush-rush-rush, need-need-need, and there's no place for someone doing a dungeon for the first time or who doesn't know everything expected. Guess I've never found the right guild, and at this point I've given up.

Again, none of my comments are relative to anyone but me; so, this cannot be taken as a critique of SWTOR. I'm not a SWTOR devotee, I play it because there's no other current MMO that captivates me. If that circumstance changes, I will leave again. In all, my rationale for being here probably does not stand as a powerful testament for the game. I'm very pragmatic about SWTOR; like many of you I was here at launch, and following quite positive experiences with WoW and PW, I was fully geared up to love the game. The fact that I was so disappointed with it put me off on MMOs altogether. Before SWTOR's launch I used to rise each morning chomping at the bit to get in game, spent my time away from the game planning and researching. Nowadays, whether I even log in at all is a toss up, and I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever that the next SWTOR expansion, or the one after will change the way I feel.

Not really. The reason is that a given broken piece is not broken for everyone because few people use it. The cost-benefit for fixing a broken piece is much lower than it is for new content available to everyone. It is much more important to fix broken content in a class story because there are so few of them and they will be encountered by so many players. But a broken helmet that doesn't cover your ears correctly will only be noticed by a certain percentage of players who use the helmet. Most will (or can use) "hide head slot" anyway.