Flashpoint queue?

I have heard from my friends that in world of warcraft you have this queue system for "dungeons" as it is called, dungeons are the same as flashpoints so why not have it in swtor as well? it seems like a good idea if you don't have enough friends to do it with, so if you could be teemed up with some random people (tank, dps, healer) just like you do in pvp. so what do you people think, or have you heard anything about it? Edited by HeroicMoose

I found from playing WOW that if you have a queue. It is nice to have the instant groups, but there is also the problem of having an idiot who doesn't do anything right or causes some other problem. And Blizzard kinda made it all weird where it was hard to kick someone who was AFK for like 30 minutes.... But I do appreciate the idea of it..

That's called LFG in WoW and has been available for several years now. Recently they went a step further and added the LFR (Raid) which is similar but aimed towards large group content (Operations in SWTOR).

It is a awesome feature that enables you to basically run any dungeon you want at pretty much any time, with minimal hassle. Forget about planning to do stuff during 'your server' peak time, to maximize your chances of getting a group. If you happen to join a bunch a jerks via this tool, no big deal, just drop (or ask to be kicked) and queue again. Odds are, most people playing the game (whichever online game you want) are cool people. Jerks are minority.

Well I wish there is like a server wide LFG channel for chat. Instead of just on that certain planet.

That's a very small work around the real issue. You shouldn't have to spend your time forming the group or moving the instance. You should spend your time enjoying the game. Let 'computers' do the manual labor of forming groups and porting you back and forth the dungeon.

Well I wish there is like a server wide LFG channel for chat. Instead of just on that certain planet.

TBH, idk why if you flag yourself for LFG BW/EA doesn't just have you join like a server wide LFG channel.

Pretty sure there was a feature like that in wow back in WOTLK days for a bit before the instant Q system.

I found from playing WOW that if you have a queue. It is nice to have the instant groups, but there is also the problem of having an idiot who doesn't do anything right or causes some other problem. And Blizzard kinda made it all weird where it was hard to kick someone who was AFK for like 30 minutes.... But I do appreciate the idea of it..

Yes, this is pretty much how I see it, too.

It is a good feature in many ways, but it is not fun when you get grouped up with bad or unpleasant players. Some people use cross-server anonymity to be rude, in WoW. some take gear from mainspeccers for their offspec, and some just play bad. Sure, most players are decent, but there are also enough players of these types to drastically reduce fun, as I see it, making dungeon finder not quite as good as it sound. Still, I am not neccessarily against it.

I am also unsure of role balance in this game, how many players of each role in relation to need in 5-mans. In WoW, tanks were generally in short supply, getting instant queues, whereas damage dealers (dps) got around half an hour wait for heroics since the last expansion. Healers generally came somewhere between. The recently added raid finder is another matter, the way I understand it (I haven't tried it myself), which is not surprising, since the 2:25 ratio is much lower than the 1:5 ratio from dungeons. Anyhow, we could easily have a tank shortage for this game, too. Of course, whether there is a tank shortage or not depends on the community itself, not on the existence of the dungeon finder, but if it exists here the way it does in WoW, you gotta prepare for the fact that it may not solve the waitimg problem for some roles.

Ah, my first post, and I have just had my first ToR day. I am impressed so far.

Yes, this is pretty much how I see it, too.

It is a good feature in many ways, but it is not fun when you get grouped up with bad or unpleasant players. Some people use cross-server anonymity to be rude, in WoW. some take gear from mainspeccers for their offspec, and some just play bad. Sure, most players are decent, but there are also enough players of these types to drastically reduce fun, as I see it, making dungeon finder not quite as good as it sound. Still, I am not neccessarily against it.

I am also unsure of role balance in this game, how many players of each role in relation to need in 5-mans. In WoW, tanks were generally in short supply, getting instant queues, whereas damage dealers (dps) got around half an hour wait for heroics since the last expansion. Healers generally came somewhere between. The recently added raid finder is another matter, the way I understand it (I haven't tried it myself), which is not surprising, since the 2:25 ratio is much lower than the 1:5 ratio from dungeons. Anyhow, we could easily have a tank shortage for this game, too. Of course, whether there is a tank shortage or not depends on the community itself, not on the existence of the dungeon finder, but if it exists here the way it does in WoW, you gotta prepare for the fact that it may not solve the waitimg problem for some roles.

Ah, my first post, and I have just had my first ToR day. I am impressed so far.

A simple LFG with cross-server support allows you to deal with the jerk in the most effective way: kick him off. If that's not possible, remove yourself from the group, queue again, and your are done. The majority of players aren't jerks and keeping fences between servers just hurts the game community.