Remove the rakghoul plague now

I realize we're now on page 90 something and my sentiments have been echoed 1000 times but I had a lot of fun with this, I really like events like these. Someone mentioned that people were going to starter worlds to get people and honestly that's a d**k move on their part. Otherwise it was fun, my server had people huddled on the fleet away from people and we only infected the people standing in our circle for the most part, obviously I can't speak for everyone.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently one does have to become a part of it when another Player chooses to explode in green goo over the Med Station. Forced RP is not that much fun.

The vaccine is 2K; perhaps a pittance for a member of the Dark Council, but was over 30% of my 10th BH resources, and is only good for 6 hrs. Now I wonder if this buff will remain in place on his next death, or will need to buy another to gain temp Immunity again.

It sems to be a matter of perspective; just that some prefer to force theirs upon others.

Let's say your character gets infected and cant afford the vaccine or doesnt want to spend the 2k.

Ok, what happens?

You blow up and get DNA Samples.

Now what?

1) You don't want to participate in the event so you can sell them to a vender.

Or

2) Seeing how the DNA samples are not bound, and a commodity that some are going to want for what they can purchase, you could sell them on the GTN for even more.

Wow, the worst thing was that you just got free credits.

The horror.

Edited by Scar

You only get infected if you stand next to someone who explodes...try moving away its not that hard.

People QQing over an event are honestly the most boring human beings. You wanted events you got events but now cry because the event actually does something besides killing some pve mobs.

I don't mind the event, I just don't want to have to do with every toon I am playing.

The fleet mass/mess, objects and forces it upon you.

You don't get dna samples for dieing to mobs. Or I haven't the two times it happened and dieing doesn't remvoe the plague due to pve mobs.

Heck I would be fine if I could just die to pve mobs and not have it anymore but no that isn't an option either.

You know, it's not the plague that's stunning you then. It's the mobs.

This sums it up.

Refrain from outrages when it's new and working as intended content that barely affects you unless you choose so. It ceases to be for the greater good of the game, and by definition makes you a 'whiner'.

Here's the thing: the people complaining don't believe it's a minor effect.

Consider this: people are playing, here, an MMORPG. Some of the people who are playing it are going to care enough about those RPG elements to be pretty upset when their character is infected with this plague and all that goes along with it.

Let them dislike it.

From what I've seen, they are letting you like it (the OP excluded). They just want the opportunity to be heard as to why they do not enjoy it. On the other side of things, any time anyone says he dislikes the plague, he's attacked with names of every sort.

You would say it's a minor impact on these players, but they may feel its a major impact, and the fact is, we're talking about a game here - something for and based on entertainment. By it's very definition, what people enjoy or do not enjoy about it will be tremendously subjective. If someone feels its a major impact, its a major impact, because the nature of games is that their impact is very personal.

Indeed and aside from right by the PvP terminal on Fleet and one area on Tattooine, there's PLENTY of free space and even on Fleet you might have to...what...run past a very obvious cluster of infected people? Orrrr, you could use the hanger tunnel to avoid the Combat Training area altogether!

I have been experimenting...it looks like the range (explosive wave) is no more than 3 meters.

This is not being forced at all. I'm sorry, it's just not. It's extremely easy to avoid.

Ok.....lets take a example...you need to go the Fleet..you ether lag bad...or need to take a quick afk ( rl does call on occasions, you know? ) and you get infected when "you did not want to be". How is this not forcing this on some?

Here is what they should of done, if your infected you turn into a rakghoul and instantly become flaged for FFA PVP at which point anyone can shoot you and kill you.... if you can survive for 5's seconds and explode then you get your DNA and can infect other players... But if someone kills you before then you get nothing....

Now this would be a cool RP event :)

Edited by Monoth

Indeed and aside from right by the PvP terminal on Fleet and one area on Tattooine, there's PLENTY of free space and even on Fleet you might have to...what...run past a very obvious cluster of infected people? Orrrr, you could use the hanger tunnel to avoid the Combat Training area altogether!

I have been experimenting...it looks like the range (explosive wave) is no more than 3 meters.

This is not being forced at all. I'm sorry, it's just not. It's extremely easy to avoid.

But, but....You want me to move 5 meters to avoid someone!!!

OH THE OUTRAGE.

/sarcasm

You whining about whiners makes you a whiner also :D

I suppose so :p lol.

@Qura don't use the "poor alts" excuse. If you have alts that are 'that' poor you'd be happy as a spring bird over the money that the samples net you when you're infected. And a no-penalty respawn with rewards is hardly a bad thing. Why does blowing up in a fashionable and pretty manner that bad?

I think you were already destined to die in that situation, m8.

Sorry.

It looks like I might of erased stealth in that.

Normally I could bypass or deal with them healing my companion but it is annoying. Why is it when I die in pve the plague isn't removed? I would be satisfied with that go find a mob let it kill me near town procede on without worring about this.

Here's the thing: the people complaining don't believe it's a minor effect.

Consider this: people are playing, here, an MMORPG. Some of the people who are playing it are going to care enough about those RPG elements to be pretty upset when their character is infected with this plague and all that goes along with it.

Let them dislike it.

From what I've seen, they are letting you like it (the OP excluded). They just want the opportunity to be heard as to why they do not enjoy it. On the other side of things, any time anyone says he dislikes the plague, he's attacked with names of every sort.

You would say it's a minor impact on these players, but they may feel its a major impact, and the fact is, we're talking about a game here - something for and based on entertainment. By it's very definition, what people enjoy or do not enjoy about it will be tremendously subjective. If someone feels its a major impact, its a major impact, because the nature of games is that their impact is very personal.

Excellent post. And the very reasons some should not have to do a event they donot wish to. I can watch a horror movie and sleep good at night. Some cannot...does that mean they are being silly and I can make fun of them for feeling that way? It really is a matter of respecting others.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

The fact that you are quiting the game over one little event that makes you unhappy just shows you were spoiled as a child. Grow up.

So here's the deal, people.

This is BW's game.

They are BIG on story and ROLEPLAYING.

There is an unstoppable plague.

It is spreading.

You have a few options. Get infected, run for your life, buy a vaccine.

You DO NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO IGNORE A PLAGUE.

Hide, or face it. It does not care if you like it.

The players are the ones that are forcing you into this and costing you 2k not BW. Also hard to foresee everything that a player would do to just agravate others.

Now knowing this maybe BW should put in the game were someone infected cannot get on fleet or off the planet until they are cured. Something along the lines "Due to the rampant spread of the infection all ports leading off the planet are closed until you are clean of this infection".

Are you naive? If there is a way to grief others, players will do it. This si why MMOs have to have events with training wheels because players will almost always seek to grief others.

But, but....You want me to move 5 meters to avoid someone!!!

OH THE OUTRAGE.

/sarcasm

Why can't I just die to random npc mob to avoid the effect?

Why is that affecting you and your beloved event? I am not asking them to remove the event, I'm asking why is the only way to not deal with it is a cash sink or quit playing.

"you did not want to be"

valid, BUT, sell those DNA samples and get 50k+???

What were you coming to fleet for?

-buying new gear for your level?

-training up new skills?

-putting something up in the GTN to make some coin?

-buying new crew skills?

-about to run a FP?

-trolling general chat?

Hmm, many many things I prolly missed from this list, but most players I assume come to fleet to partake in some sort of economy, which revolves around currency. You just got infected with free in game currency.

How could you not want that?

This is BW's game.

It is spreading.

By this reasoning, give us the ability to kill or to cure infected people.

This is BW's game.

It is spreading.

If this is based on RP and story then people should be able to shoot infected people on sight to try and stop the plague....

No, there are issues with it. It is not contained. Someone infected should be insta-killed upon traveling to the fleet or anywhere other than Tatooine. It is a plague, and they need to contain it better. This would get rid of 95% of my problem with it.

The next thing is for lower level players. I buy a 2k vaccine. Then I am out questing, and I die. A few minutes later, I come across someone with the plague in my quest turn in area. For one reason or another, he is allowed to infect me. Now, I have to spend another 2k on it, just for me to die at some point soon in the field.

is this actually happening? It is not so easy to time your explosion to go off to infect others unless they are standing around.

I cannot infect on demand.

You can die repeatedly from the plague one after the other and stiill rez without issue./

Has any of these things happened to you because to me it sounds like a lot of hypothetical hyperbole as opposed to something that has actually happened.

have to spend 2k on it. I refuse to spend any credits on it at all.. I like exploding.. it really is not that big a deal. get plague explode rez.. carry on doing what you are doing.. I'm lvl 50 with a few million credits.. exploding really isn't that bad.

Anyway.. why not explode once and then sell the samples to pay for a bunch of vaccines

I'm quite intrigued by this now. I didnt have a chance to really play this weekend, but when I logged in Sunday evening I was greeted by a group of green, vomiting toons. I didnt put much thought into it until I started off towards my hangar and proceeded to turn green and vomit myself. At that same time I heard a public announcement about the Rakhghoul plague on Tatooine and didnt pay much attention to it until I tried to board my ship and was fired upon by containment troops, now this thing had my attention but it was time for me to go. How much longer is this going to be going on? I really want to get to Tat tonight and see what all the funs about, I'm currently lvl 38 so will any quests I get also be ~38, or is this event limited to high level players?

Ok.....lets take a example...you need to go the Fleet..you ether lag bad...or need to take a quick afk ( rl does call on occasions, you know? ) and you get infected when "you did not want to be". How is this not forcing this on some?

I already told you how to avoid it. You don't want to "hear" that. I get that you are against this but at some point you have to realise that your fears are not founded.

It is EASY to avoid being infected. In fact, you pretty much have to work at it to get infected.

By this reasoning, give us the ability to kill or to cure infected people.

Also the fleet would never left a mass to die to this. They would of entrusted higher level of security and culled you before you got near the landing docks.

This is BW's game.

It is spreading.

This is how I see it. A game is filled with 'unavoidable' content. You have to roll with it. The way i see it OP's request is the same as me asking to remove mob agression because i want to do datacron hunting undiusturbed.

Personally i'd like it as a plague to be even more forceful, and maybe even flagging you for pvp in an infected vs non infected fashion. That would be epic. But if these rewarded 'deaths' by plague cause such an outcry i shudder at what my preferences would cause :p

I already told you how to avoid it. You don't want to "hear" that. I get that you are against this but at some point you have to realise that your fears are not founded.

It is EASY to avoid being infected. In fact, you pretty much have to work at it to get infected.

this.

I was trying to get infected yesterday.. because of the way timings are done you only end up getting infected half the time.. the rest of the time you are standing around waiting for someone to explode.

Edited by corbanite