mercs please stop queueing as healers

I like playing the healing role but i've noticed it takes so long to pop for a flashpoint queue as healer because half the population plays mercs and queue as healer. I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves. If you want to dps then dps, but don't clog up the healer queue and take up a spot in a flashpoint for a real healer. Edited by skullkandy

All mercenaries have the capability to off heal, just so you know. Even more so now that all mercenaries can throw kolto missile down, even if they aren't specced bodyguard. They also probably queue as DPS/heals, and take whatever pops because it can take FOREVER for a queue to pop as DPS.

Doesn't make it right marchi. Don't queue as something you don't expect to play just because it might take less time, if you are that petty and you don't know your stuff, your team mates will HATE you. The OP needs to rephrase what he is asking. The title makes him sound like an *** saying mercs aren't good for healing. To which I call crass.

Almost every Merc healer I get while tanking is excellent at their job (except that one in Pyro spec with High Velocity Gas Cylinder on). They are also my favorite healer because they constantly shoot green stuff at me. PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! Ha ha ha I ♥ them.

Anyway as far as my Healer class in Group Finder FPs, I usually see (hand-waving made-up rough guess pie chart here):

Sorcerer 75%

Merc 15%

Op 10%

So, I have to disagree with you. Mercs, start queueing as healers! I'm tired of having silly bubbles around me every FP. I want more PEWPEWPEW. :(

Doesn't make it right marchi. Don't queue as something you don't expect to play just because it might take less time, if you are that petty and you don't know your stuff, your team mates will HATE you. The OP needs to rephrase what he is asking. The title makes him sound like an *** saying mercs aren't good for healing. To which I call crass.

good point on my phrasing, although I did state how i've never once seen a merc use a heal in a flashpoint, but I could have been more clear. I suspect though the first responder is one of those people who only read's thread titles and then gives their 2 cents.

Almost every Merc healer I get while tanking is excellent at their job (except that one in Pyro spec with High Velocity Gas Cylinder on). They are also my favorite healer because they constantly shoot green stuff at me. PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! Ha ha ha I ♥ them.

Anyway as far as my Healer class in Group Finder FPs, I usually see (hand-waving made-up rough guess pie chart here):

Sorcerer 75%

Merc 15%

Op 10%

So, I have to disagree with you. Mercs, start queueing as healers! I'm tired of having silly bubbles around me every FP. I want more PEWPEWPEW. :(

I think you're missing the point as well for lack of reading my post before responding. i never said merc is a bad healing class and sucks at healing. But if you want to get on the side of queueing for a role you aren't going to play then ok....

If someone chooses to play a dps i'm so sorry their queue times are longer, that's their choice. That doesn't make it ok to queue as a healer when you are not going to heal just to get quicker queue times because that's f-ing things up for people who do actually intend to heal. And as of yet I have not once been in a flashpoint with a merc who actually healed, if they do then by all means queue as a healer.

I've had the same problem with Commandos.

Every FP I've done this week, except one, had a Commando healer who wasn't healing. Whenever I checked the gear of the Commando healer they, for some reason, had the wrong equipment on (Willpower, Cunning, Strength), it's ridiculous.

I have a Commando healer, it's easy. Most of the time I just have to spam Rapid Fire or whatever it is, and Kolto Bomb.

You said

I like playing the healing role but i've noticed it takes so long to pop for a flashpoint queue as healer because half the population plays mercs and queue as healer.[

and

I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves.

and

If you want to dps then dps, but don't clog up the healer queue and take up a spot in a flashpoint for a real healer.

Which I disagreed with because

• I don't actually see that many Mercs in my groups as Healer, and I run a lot of FPs since my Tank queue pops constantly
  • When I do have a Merc healer, they do a very good job and aren't trying to off-spec it as DPS. And certainly not any more often than Sorcs or Ops that I might encounter doing that (rarely).

I don't see how my response is mis-reading anything you said. I'm just disagreeing with you: sure, people queueing as the "wrong" role is annoying, but I don't see it happening disproportionately more with Mercs. And almost all the Mercs I encounter are good at their role.

It happens quite a bit and you can tell it's a DPS queueing as a healer and not actual heals because they have none of the actual main healing abilities that that a Bodyguard or Combat Medic spec would have. They just throw out a few small heals and hope they can DPS bosses down before everyone dies.

Happened in an Esseles run and Taral V while I was tanking on my Shadow.

This happens often with classes that can do 2 roles whether they are healing or tanking. The OPs specific issue with mercs seems like a server problem. However, on my server, I've seen DPS "Healers" and DPS "Tanks" on both factions. And it's not merely a noob issue with not setting your role, people intentionally do this and expect everyone else to "pull their own damage like i am". They simply say, why bother queuing as dps if it takes less time to que as something else? The most I can do is put them on my ignore list and hope I dont get stuck in a group with them.

You said

and

and

Which I disagreed with because

• I don't actually see that many Mercs in my groups as Healer, and I run a lot of FPs since my Tank queue pops constantly
  • When I do have a Merc healer, they do a very good job and aren't trying to off-spec it as DPS. And certainly not any more often than Sorcs or Ops that I might encounter doing that (rarely).

I don't see how my response is mis-reading anything you said. I'm just disagreeing with you: sure, people queueing as the "wrong" role is annoying, but I don't see it happening disproportionately more with Mercs. And almost all the Mercs I encounter are good at their role.

you said, a bunch of stuff and cut up my post leaving parts out to try and make a point that you failed at.

I said don't be a d-bag and queue for a role that you aren't going to play when others actually are trying to play that role. I don't see that as some huge argument for you to forum warrior over. don't be a d-bag is a pretty simple request.

Mercs are the one class I see doing this more than anyone, anecdotal sure but anything anyone says on this forum is anecdotal.

not once did I complain about mercs being bad healers, I know you would have something to get your panties in a bunch about if I did.....but no matter how much you wish that were the case I pointed out multiple times it's mercs who are not healing. say it with me one more time, are not healing.

Edited by skullkandy

I havent had any issues with this. I myself am a proficent Merc Healer and a DPS Operative (working on a Marauder) and have never had any issues with Merc Healers healing properly. One thing we need is a View Specification in the character sheet so that you can check if they are truely healer or not.

I havent had any issues with this. I myself am a proficent Merc Healer and a DPS Operative (working on a Marauder) and have never had any issues with Merc Healers healing properly. One thing we need is a View Specification in the character sheet so that you can check if they are truely healer or not.

merc healers can heal just fine.

mercs who don't use a single heal aren't merc healers.

Happened in an Esseles run and Taral V while I was tanking on my Shadow.

Esseles/BT are kind of special cases. Nobody has their key abilities or talents at that point, and unless your group is doing something horribly, horribly wrong a single untalented heal is more than enough to complete the FP.

i've seen this only at low levels..and it becomes an issue only when, if you queue as healer in dps spec ,you'll lack of key abilities. in HM i've just seen healers coming in as dds( happened to me on my op, because i had an update on the roles while replacing a kicked guy..) and they are not so bad...

i'd suggest everyone to try to heal, cause it's fun and if you know that role you'll learn something about a key mechanic of the game..it's important to know the other roles imo.

tanking is a bit different..i've healed some dps playing that role, specially in planetary heroics, and some classes do it better than others(shadows/sins, PT/vanguards) but the differences in the gear do not admit it quite well on HM unless the guy is overgeared with a lot of hps..

p.s. the PEWPEWPEW is really nice and makes you feel kind of loved by your healer while tanking :-)

I don't mind people doing this, actually, if they know what they're doing and can actually play the role the queued as. But I also have to say that I see a sorc healer a lot more often than a merc healer. And that's a lot more often.

Kick and replace.

Takes forever to find a healer .I used to choose decline when I see merc healer but as a dps waiting times are up to 2 hours so not much choice. Also last time merc healer did a good job for change.

actually my other problem is powertech tanks.

Edited by tanerb

Takes forever to find a healer .I used to choose decline when I see merc healer but as a dps waiting times are up to 2 hours so not much choice. Also last time merc healer did a good job for change.

actually my other problem is powertech tanks.

Oh? At least my pt tank tanks just fine... 8P

Esseles/BT are kind of special cases. Nobody has their key abilities or talents at that point, and unless your group is doing something horribly, horribly wrong a single untalented heal is more than enough to complete the FP.

This was HM.

I run a Merc and i regularly queue as both DPS and Healer. This is appropriate if you are at least able to field respec and it helps to also have a heal set for the 4 set bonus as I do when it pops as healer. Thinking you can off heal without being specced or geared as a healer is unfair to the rest of the group and should be kicked.

The excuse of "it queued me automatically for both" does not hold water. When the queue pops it shows what role you are assigned and you click 'READY". You have failed to check your role twice now and the fault is on you.

you said, a bunch of stuff and cut up my post leaving parts out to try and make a point that you failed at.

I said don't be a d-bag and queue for a role that you aren't going to play when others actually are trying to play that role. I don't see that as some huge argument for you to forum warrior over. don't be a d-bag is a pretty simple request.

Mercs are the one class I see doing this more than anyone, anecdotal sure but anything anyone says on this forum is anecdotal.

not once did I complain about mercs being bad healers, I know you would have something to get your panties in a bunch about if I did.....but no matter how much you wish that were the case I pointed out multiple times it's mercs who are not healing. say it with me one more time, are not healing.

You're failing to see the point, we're making:

Change the thread title to "merc dps' stop queuing as healers" or even better "dps' stop queuing as healers"

I read you posts, but can't find them applying to my experience.

(I played as a tank a lot)