what charge to use...

Nicklassjoberg

Hey guys!

im right now a lvl45 DPS specced assassin..

i know most of the things needed to know about the character and what he need.

i´ve only missed what charge to use.

im a distance DPS using the distance-abilities most of the times (shock etc)

any tips?

Ever thought about READING THE TOOLTIPS? Or do you just stick the points to whatever skill tree without ever even looking at what you are putting them into?

It's really not rocket science.

If one skill tree has like 5 or 6 different talents that either improve the effects of one specific charge, or give you something that requires that one charge to be active to work at all, then that just might be a pretty good clue as to which charge should be used with that spec.

Of course to find that out would require that you read the tooltips.

Then again if you are going to be playing a character in a way that it is not really designed for, then it might not really matter anyway

Ever thought about READING THE TOOLTIPS? Or do you just stick the points to whatever skill tree without ever even looking at what you are putting them into?

It's really not rocket science.

If one skill tree has like 5 or 6 different talents that either improve the effects of one specific charge, or give you something that requires that one charge to be active to work at all, then that just might be a pretty good clue as to which charge should be used with that spec.

Of course to find that out would require that you read the tooltips.

Then again if you are going to be playing a character in a way that it is not really designed for, then it might not really matter anyway

Some people need to put others down in order to feel better about themselves. Such is the case with the above post.

I know a little of what you mean about the charge. I've got 4 other classes to 50 already and it seemed like the tooltips for those classes was much more clear about which "charge" or "style" you should pick based on the tree you were going on. I was checking last night on my assassin that i'm just started on and it doesn't quite look as clear. I will say that i am just starting out on the assassin, just a 15 right now, so it might become more clear as i go on. Also, in Dark Charge it says it increases your armor 115%, so my guess is that if you were going the tank route then Dark Charge would be the way to go.

Darkness (tanking) > Dark Charge

Deception > Surging Charge (You need the skill Surging Charge in the Deception tree to actually get it.)

Madness > Lightning Charge

If you're running a hybrid spec:

Wakajinn 0/27/14 > Surging Charge

Tank Hybrid 23/1/17 > Dark Charge

Edited by BlameSociety

• 2 weeks later...