This game feels abandoned

HexDecimalUK

This isn't GW2. That being said, they wanted to have spontaneous events. They *tried* to have spontaneous events. The first Rakghoul event was awesome. It started with a newscast that we had no idea what was about. We had no idea what we'd find when we got there. It took days to unfold. And the whining was intense enough that they never tried that again.

If you want to place blame for the lack of spontaneous events, place the blame squarely on the many QQing players who want everything handed to them on a platter at a predetermined time so their ever so special selves don't miss anything, not on Bioware. That was the best thing they ever did in game and it will likely never happen again.

Have to agree with the reasoning here. Though, we'll never know what other events of this type may have been planned had F2P not happened.

With so many layoffs, there must have been a lot of projects that were abandoned. Example: I'm certain we would have had more objective-based pvp maps.

And, no, I'm not a pvp player, and am not commenting on the state of ground pvp. But it's pretty clear from the early game updates, ones that included Ops and a corresponding pvp map, that this was probably an approach that would be continued. After the layoffs, however, we never saw another objective-based map, save for Ancient Hypergate, which was clearly already well in the works or done that summer.

The only thing that has stayed a priority for sub-based updates are Ops. FPs and PvP maps got dropped.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.

You're acting as if space combat is the major part of the game. It's not.

I can definitely see how players who are stuck in a wishful thinking rinse & repeat cycle about how this game should have been an exact reincarnation of games they used to play and fell in love with might feel abandoned. There are those of us who have moved past that (i.e. adults) and play SWTOR for being SWTOR. We don't feel abandoned at all:

2.0 (4/9/2013)

- Planet: Makeb

- Operation: Scum & Villany

- HM FPs: Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders

2.2 (6/12/2013)

- Operation: TFB NiM

2.3 (8/6/2013)

- 55 FPs: Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown

- Event: Bounty Contract Week

2.4 (10/1/2013)

- Operations: Dread Fortress, Dread Palace

- Mission Area: Oricon

2.5+ (12/3/2013 - present)

- Galactic Starfighter

- Return of the Gree event

- Return of the Life Day event

Not even close.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Yes, your sig says it all, but sadly you don't realize what it really says about you. Everyone else does, though.

it says that im a professional and logical mmo analyst who knows how to play hardball bc i'm not going to be ignorant of the facts, yes most of them may be negative but i live in a place called reality...

I can definitely see how players who are stuck in a wishful thinking rinse & repeat cycle about how this game should have been an exact reincarnation of games they used to play and fell in love with might feel abandoned. There are those of us who have moved past that (i.e. adults) and play SWTOR for being SWTOR. We don't feel abandoned at all:

2.0 (4/9/2013)

- Planet: Makeb

- Operation: Scum & Villany

- HM FPs: Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders

2.2 (6/12/2013)

- Operation: TFB NiM

2.3 (8/6/2013)

- 55 FPs: Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown

- Event: Bounty Contract Week

2.4 (10/1/2013)

- Operations: Dread Fortress, Dread Palace

- Mission Area: Oricon

2.5+ (12/3/2013 - present)

- Galactic Starfighter

- Return of the Gree event

- Return of the Life Day event

Not even close.

most of it lol pve... and some of it rehashed at tht...

most of it lol pve... and some of it rehashed at tht...

The "lol pve" is what keeps games alive, that are not advertised as PvP games.

As a professional MMO analyist you surely know that SWTOR never claimed to be a PvP game and as such, PvP is nothing more than a side game with the main focus clearly being on "lol" PvE.

But everyone reading any post of you already realized, that you do not let your post be irritated by facts or logic ;)

. There are those of us who have moved past that (i.e. adults) and play SWTOR for being SWTOR. We don't feel abandoned at all:

"Those of us" meaning your own personal group of friends who happen to be adults? Because you don't speak on behalf of the entire "adult" community

The "cartel market" is what keeps games alive, that are not advertised as PvP games.

As a professional MMO analyist you surely know that SWTOR never claimed to be a PvP game and as such, PvP is nothing more than a side game with the main focus clearly being on "lol" CM.

But everyone reading any post of you already realized, that you do not let your post be irritated by ignorance or white knighting ;)

fix'd

Eve Online. Its an mmo that is older than Wow. And is still going strong.

Okay, you got me.. EVE is indeed a working PvP MMO, that is running on subscription basis... The majority of PvP games however is running either on a pay to win system (world of tanks) or on a cartel market with a different game (LoL and similar).

So claiming "fixed" when changing a quote to say, that this game were running on Cartel market and not on PvP is pretty silly.

Edited by JPryde

Okay, you got me.. EVE is indeed a working PvP MMO, that is running on subscription basis... The majority of PvP games however is running either on a pay to win system (world of tanks) or on a cartel market with a different game (LoL and similar).

So claiming "fixed" when changing a quote to say, that this game were running on Cartel market and not on PvP is pretty silly.

Actually you can play EVE online for free if you play the game enough because you can actually buy subscription time off the market there.

Eve is not really going that strong, Most of the people have muti accounts, and they use ingame money to buy time. It gives off this feeling of it is becoming huge, but it has been staying near the same for a while now.

Also, many would argue it is not a pvp game. lol

"Those of us" meaning your own personal group of friends who happen to be adults? Because you don't speak on behalf of the entire "adult" community
Of course I can't speak for the entire community ... no one can. But I can speak to the many I play with on Harbinger, Begeren & Jedi Covenant. Most of them won't come anywhere near these forums because of the dozen or so sorry individuals who spend double shifts gang banging the game and its community. GOD I wish Bioware would reset the servers monthly, because whatever they these people are paying for the privilege of spamming disingenuous vitriol is a drop in the bucket that would be not be missed. Edited by GalacticKegger

Actually you can play EVE online for free if you play the game enough because you can actually buy subscription time off the market there.

I know, my EVE account is running since 2006 on that concept... but that does not add anything to the current discussion.

Stilly claims, that this game runs on the cartel market alone and should run on pvp... I claim, that most PvP centric games are indeed surviving on a kind of cartel market as well, so his post was completely irrational.

That's how they operate ... they have to abuse other people's words because theirs don't work. Edited by GalacticKegger

And it has done for a long loong time since before free2play and while i am looking forwards to new games in 2014 (ESO/Wildstar/Titanfall/etc) i would certainly rather stay on SW:TOR but not if it remains as it is, IMO it needs the event to be happening faaar more frequently, and i don't just mean the gree, the bounty hunter thing, double XP days that might or might not be happening every often enough to not care about any of them, but there isn't even any daily events to hightail it round the galaxy to. When im playing other MMOs or even multiplayer MODs "that shall not be named" its like every 2 hours something happens for me to plan my evening for as well as big weekend things. i come to this and its just que for warzones, grind daily's, im a PVPer mostly so that's kind of it for me and even then my daily's are souly for the sake of stims. I mean there could be so much more going on in the game if someone just organized it.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den

:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET

:NPC invasions of random friendly zones

:double XP drop in/drop out Open space combat

:Mining events like 2 hours of awesome drops in specific places like again kaas city and so on

:2 hours of faster crafting

:Po'Companion'mon load into arenas with ur companion and u can only control their quick-bars

:Pet-Hunts (and realy they need to be respawning when their available who the hell re-clicks them after every Ops just sayin)

:2 hours of PVE coms drop-chance in certain places

:gambling on naar shaddar (i also seem to remember a droid race back in the day)

: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars)

:add a form of bolster and access to coruscation for imps and DK for pubs lowbies can insta-gib their enemy's for 2 hours but also have 55 enemy players spawning in random areas, will you defend your own young-lings or invade?

: hunt down Revan (he is hiding somewhere in the galaxy as a world boss, find him and call for re reinforcements, defeat him for rewards) once u target him he throws up a shield that requires a 30 man group to beat lowby worlds could bolster any player in the fight perhapse?

there is soo much potential for spontaneity in the galaxy that just is not happening and Im sure bioware could invent hundreds of these things and just being around for these things would give allot of players who like myself are becoming bored with the same routine day in day out, the game feels almost totally written off with a few token events once in a blue moon instead of a regular bases maybe just because the devs have nothing better to do or EA just dont think its worth paying them to organise these things and if they don't care why should we? even the facebook page has more events than this game does how sad is that? why cant the gree land for 2 days of the week every 2 weeks ilum is totally dead for the second week of the last 2, same with the bounty thing, same with double XP weekends i mean in all seriousness bioware do you want people to play this game or not?

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.

This whole thread is implying you cannot play more than 1 game at a time.