The All Worlds Swoop Rally

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Today we published an article with some additional information about the All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally.

To prevent any confusion I wanted to highlight that while Game Update 6.1.2 will be going live on June 24, this new event won't appear until the Conquest reset on June 30.

Rewards

Of course, no real rally would be worth its salt without exciting rewards, and the All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally aims to please. Each gang has its own reputation track and unique rewards, detailed below:

• Swoop Rally Mounts (regular and gold versions)
  • Swoop Gang Outfits
  • Promotion Droid Mini-pets
  • Various Titles

Are decorations not given as rewards?

To prevent any confusion I wanted to highlight that while Game Update 6.1.2 will be going live on June 24, this new event won't appear until the Conquest reset on June 30.

Thanks for the info! So I'm guessing this means MM Dxun drops on June 24? Any reason why you are moving from your usual Tuesday patches?

Hey everyone!

Today we published an article with some additional information about the All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally.

I'm assuming then that the PTS will also go down on June 24th, or before that time even?

Are decorations not given as rewards?

No, but 3 new Titles are given as rewards as you increase your reputation. Deco's, gear, mounts, and tacticals will be purchasable with another new form of currency.

Was hoping all that stuff was being sold via Tech Fragments but no, we get not one, not two, but three new different currencies to earn in order to spend on these vendors.

No companion reward, like Quick Wrick on Dantooine? :(

I miss having a new companion :)

I miss them having personalized abilities more tbh. They still could do that again and hopefully fix the companion bugs but its nice to have a new events, even if its not everyone's cup o' tea. :)

The All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally will be available with Game Update 6.1.2 on June 24th!

so it starts 24 or 30?

How long this event will be on? Forever or only few 7 days?

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

so it starts 24 or 30?

It's pretty clear that the patch goes live on the 24th, and the event starts on the 30th.

How long this event will be on? Forever or only few 7 days?

Given the amount of work they've put into it, it's not something they're going to delete in a couple of months. It might operate like the Dantooine thing and only happen when the right Conquest week is running, but it will recur in that case, just like the Dantooine thing does.

(The other reason for having it be like that is that it happens in the real maps of those planets, right slap bang in the middle of adventuring areas, so it's probably a good idea for it to not be there all the time, just like it would be bad if, say, Rak Week happened every week and always on Alderaan.)

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Um. We're all Alliance Commander here.

It's actually quite fun when you get the hang of it and a nice change to the typical stuff you do in the game. There are also quite interesting rewards (ramps/signs as decos for your SH, tacticals that influence mounting speed, flair and knockoff protection) you'll get for doing it.

The only thing that is really disappointing is that 2 of the 3 swooper gangs (the Pit Screamers and the Horizon Razers) only offer color reskins of already existing mounts (Gurian and Meirm Moth respectively). Only the Blatant Beks offer Mounts that look really different from the ones we already have in the game and feel like proper new swoop bikes. I am certain that everyone will try to max their reputation with them first to get them.

Edited by Phazonfreak

If this event happens in the open world of those planets, will it have an effect on the performance of the game? Onderon is causing my gaming laptop already troubles. If there will be a dozen swoops roaming around, I fear for my FPS. :confused:

If this event happens in the open world of those planets, will it have an effect on the performance of the game? Onderon is causing my gaming laptop already troubles. If there will be a dozen swoops roaming around, I fear for my FPS. :confused:

We will only be able to find out when the event is up on the live servers, but it is safe to say that your fear is not unfounded.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Hey everyone!

What about the new nightlife event? I've been waiting on that so I can get some decorations for my Alderaan SH.

No, but 3 new Titles are given as rewards as you increase your reputation. Deco's, gear, mounts, and tacticals will be purchasable with another new form of currency.

Was hoping all that stuff was being sold via Tech Fragments but no, we get not one, not two, but three new different currencies to earn in order to spend on these vendors.

Can you explain this more? Will the other currency be rolled out with 6.1.2? How is that new currency accumulated?

Can you explain this more? Will the other currency be rolled out with 6.1.2? How is that new currency accumulated?

The currencies go into your character inventory and are bound to legacy, so you can put them into legacy storage and exchange them freely between your chars. You earn the currencies and increase your reputation by completing quests that task you to finish swoop courses on time while doing objectives (detonating fireworks and destroying targets with grenades). There are daily and weekly quests to do the races on all three planets (Dantooine, Onderon, Tatooine) for all three swoop gangs and each swoop gang has its own separate currency and reputation progression/vendor.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I miss them having personalized abilities more tbh. They still could do that again and hopefully fix the companion bugs but its nice to have a new events, even if its not everyone's cup o' tea. :)

Yeah, would be great to have more personalized abilities like Shae's AOE.