Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joveth,

Now that you guys are back to making it look like you're flooding the forums with official feedback, how about answering this quoted question before we have to continuously bump this thread for another 3 months?

One thing that I'd like to know I'd how long will this additional period of feedback to Bioware last before they take action?

The thread's already pretty huge and it seems as though the major ideas on how to proceed have been discussed pretty thoroughly. I just hope that this doesn't drag on for months and months again.

Edited by Ignicity

^^ This.

Allow choice of server transfers. It's such a simple solution, would make so many people happy, and it's a service that ALL other MMO's (as far as I'm aware...) provide.

Don't even care if you charge $ for it. Just open up server transfers please!

(Personally I'd bring my mains to Harbringer, US. That server be a rockin' ;))

And crashing alot over last month or so lol, not to mention ques during their prime time

Joveth,

Now that you guys are back to making it look like you're flooding the forums with official feedback, how about answering this quoted question before we have to continuously bump this thread for another 3 months?

It seems all that had constructive feedback have given it, there's a number of obvious solutions on the table, all of which are much better than our current situation, I concur with this fine gentleman/lady.

My opinion is this:

This needs to be a multi-optioned move. I would like to see the following

1. Free transfers to USA server for those that do not want to merg. They would need to move prior to the merg to reduce any double move technical issues

2. Merg all remain players onto a new server OR onto Dalborra.

My preference would be to see people moved to Dalborra but that is probably because I am already there :) To make this an even playing field I think the way that the final move of US players to the Super Servers was done is the most equitable way to do things so basically create a new APAC super server. Those that do not wish to be moved then also have the option of being transferred to a USA server.

This is one thing I have noticed with RP players posting in these threads so far. They are very set in their ways and don't like anything that doesn't conform to their RP community.

There comes a point where the livelihood of a game outweighs the necessity of strict RP rules within 1 sub-community of the game. For example If merging into a PvE server meant I couldn't go and gank lvl 30s on my lvl 50 so be it. I really don't mind all that much losing a small part of the game for a much larger population and/or quality of game play improvement, and I expect others to feel the same. If they don't they are being extremely self-centered and selfish.

I think this applies to everyone though, regardless if they are on a PvE, PvP or RP server... I get the feeling reading this thread that nothing BioWare does will be looked by some as for the betterment of the game. The option of merging of all three is the best option I think, and depending on the financial aspects to the costs of running one, two or three servers I can see BioWare just deciding to shut these down and do a force merge to NA or EU servers... I mean really if they will get flak no matter what they do it will most likely give them the push to do just that unfortunately. Hoping to be wrong in any case!

Anyway, some compromise is surely needed on everyone's part and hope to see this resolved sooner than later.

The game is only still fairly new. Keeping the servers here in the region is an investment. If they close all the asia-pacific servers down then most of the community would quit for sure. Unless they are actually losing alot of money because of servers here then i don't even see closing them down and merging us with the US or EU as an option.

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

Create an Oceanic super server and merge us together. At the same time offer a transfer option, so those who may not want to go into the Oceanic super server can instead move to a US server.

I play on the PVP (Master Dal'Nala server) and the most plausable option in my opinion is to merge both the PVP and PVE servers into one PVE server. PVPers can still que for warzones and flag themselves for open world PVP if they desire. The RP server should be given the chance to stay by itself (as it seems people like the experience).I think there should be free transfers to this new superserver, as I know plenty have moved to US servers but would love to play in the APAC timezone within the APAC latency.

I am THRILLED that BW is taking action - I know there will be plenty of people who come back to the game knowing they can get the MMO experience with 30ms latency!!

Create an Oceanic super server and merge us together. At the same time offer a transfer option, so those who may not want to go into the Oceanic super server can instead move to a US server.

seems like this is the winning option (and a good one too) so far :)

seems like this is the winning option (and a good one too) so far :)

This along with the possibility for anyone with their accounts registered in APAC region to transfer their toons from US/EU servers to APAC consolidated server (for those that either missed the initial transfer or re-rolled due to dead APAC server) for any characters created prior to a set date.

The game is only still fairly new. Keeping the servers here in the region is an investment. If they close all the asia-pacific servers down then most of the community would quit for sure. Unless they are actually losing alot of money because of servers here then i don't even see closing them down and merging us with the US or EU as an option.

Agreed! I just want to see not only the region succeed but the game itself... I have characters on The Harbinger as well being local for me, but enjoy the community here too much to leave even if given the option to do so. Hopefully, we will see progress sooner than later though.

Edited by sabbey

I would like to see the PVP and PVE servers merged at a minimum - ultimately the RP server too for the populations to hit a dynamic level.

There should be NO xfers offered to US from APAC for some time after a merge, this will hurt the pop, and some of the loudest QQers are really just after a free ride to bastion etc, they don't fully represent the APAC community that wants a server based locally for lower ping times

Edited by Deviouzzz

No. That's not opinion. People that have re-rolled to the US servers have mostly said that they want to move their MDN characters to their new home server.

Actually, it is an opinion. He seems to be predicting the future. My opinion is that his opinion is wrong.

*EDIT* Also, I guess I was one of the targets of the poster above me.

and some of the loudest QQers are really just after a free ride to bastion etc, they don't fully represent the APAC community that wants a server based locally for lower ping times

I am part of the APAC community, 'cause I've been fighting for this as well as many other things for the APAC community since before the game launched.

I want the APAC community to keep at least one local server.

If they merge all three servers into Dalborra, I want free server transfers for any RP/PvP characters to a US server of their choice if they want to take advantage of it.

These loud QQers are part of the reason this issue may eventually be rectified.

You're welcome.

Edited by Ignicity

Actually, it is an opinion. He seems to be predicting the future. My opinion is that his opinion is wrong.

his opinion is not wrong he is simply exaggerating. it will take time for his opinion to come true but it will without any doubt eventually be true. for you to deny this means you either cant understand the meaning or you are unable to interprete the intention behind it. ie the more players that bleed away the faster the server will die

or on some weird world you live in believe that more new players will start playing this game when there was little to absolutely NO advertisment over the year to anyone but gamesite viewers

tldr: if you allow a dedicated portion of the population to leave this server will fail alot faster then it should

Edited by Jumpchan

his opinion is not wrong he is simply exaggerating. it will take time for his opinion to come true but it will without any doubt eventually be true. for you to deny this means you either cant understand the meaning or you are unable to interprete the intention behind it. ie the more players that bleed away the faster the server will die

or on some weird world you live in believe that more new players will start playing this game when there was little to absolutely NO advertisment over the year to anyone but gamesite viewers

tldr: if you allow a dedicated portion of the population to leave this server will fail alot faster then it should

Let me put it this way: Merge or not, server transfers off APAC to my new home or not. I will not be coming back to play on a new Super PvE Oceanic server.

Also, by saying that you agree with his prediction, means you are logically against the future implementation of paid server transfers....

*sigh*

Edited by Ignicity