3+ more months of Denova?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure all the posts talking about when things were coming out was before the Order 66 at bioware HQ. So I would assume it is safe to say that development now is all set on their cash shop if anything. Notice we have not got a word on the new patch in a very long while. :(

How many weeks has it even been since they fixed something? They're not even doing bug fixes anymore or balance patches.

Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.

That's not the way I understand it. They seemed to want to develop nightmare mode to specifically counter how players do the content in story/hard mode. This implies to me that the majority of mechanics will be the same, with something(s) new added that will throw a monkey wrench into the most common "unintended" strats.

The way I read it is that it will be completely new mechanics and not just more damage, harder enrage, etc.

Don't get me wrong, yeah, there will be new mechanics, I'm sure. It's just that I don't think we're looking at totally new encounters, just the old ones with all that you mentioned plus a new mechanic or two that are specifically designed to force raids to change their tactics from what they did in hard mode.

Honestly, F2P is coming this fall, that's all theyve said. That likely means Nov/Dec right?

My guess is we'll have the world event in August sometime, and then after that - I reckon we will get Terror before Nightmare Denova. Or rather before ALL the new nightmare modes, assuming EV and KP Nightmare are still being revamped.

Now they could potentially come after the level increase, to make them still somewhat in use after the level increase. But I've also come to accept that there likely wont be any Nightmare Ops until F2P launches.

As for Terror....well that is being offered as the first free raid right? Meaning with the F2P launch most likely. So Im almost expecting no new content at all apart from the World Event and maybe HK-51, until atleast Oct/Nov

As for Terror....well that is being offered as the first free raid right? Meaning with the F2P launch most likely.

I don't think this has ever been stated, though I could be wrong. You said as the first free raid and then clarified to something else. But to further clarify, just in case, NO raids will be free according to the F2P structure as it stands right now. So I don't think anything can be assumed from that about when the next op is coming.

I guess we just wait and see if Bioware considers the world event to be content. We are pretty sure the event is coming in August, and they said that the first of the new 'faster content' would be coming in August, so we will see.

They could just tell us, but they would rather keep us in the dark like children.

Thankfully that number isn't necessarily accurate.

Yea, the number is much lower. Even if there were 500k subs (which we all know there isn't) the actual number of people that care about world firsts is probably closer to 25k. Most all of the more serious end game raiding guilds have unsubbed, with a select few hanging on.

What I don't get is people who are saying "Oh well if they bring out NiM denova then I'll be fine". Why? It's the same thing just with a couple new mechanics, would that honestly satisfy people for another 2-3 months? I personally don't give two sh*ts about NiM devona, I want fresh new content.

Yea, the number is much lower. Even if there were 500k subs (which we all know there isn't) the actual number of people that care about world firsts is probably closer to 25k. Most all of the more serious end game raiding guilds have unsubbed, with a select few hanging on.

Your either an idiot or just not well informed, they've already said the number is below 1mil but well above 500k.

Edited by Vermas

What I don't get is people who are saying "Oh well if they bring out NiM denova then I'll be fine". Why? It's the same thing just with a couple new mechanics, would that honestly satisfy people for another 2-3 months? I personally don't give two sh*ts about NiM devona, I want fresh new content.

Your either an idiot or just not well informed, they've already said the number is below 1mil but well above 500k.

It can't be that much over 500k though if you think about it. Surely if it was closer to say 700k they would have said below 1 million but well above 700k despite 500k being the cut-off point.

They claimed NiM Denova would come soon, and only held it back because they wanted to make one truly challenging, and not just higher HP and DPS.

Let's hope they add NiM within the month, to hold off you operation-ers!

The numbers were polled at the beginning of the quarter, just after the server merges, not at the end of the quarter when they released the info. This is what EA ALWAYS does, they pool early on because it looks better for the investors. EA also historically chooses the higher of low numbers when talking about sales/subscriptions because again, it looks better to investors. They wouldn't say above 500k if the number is 913k. They would say it is above 900k.

Well here I have to disagree. You could say why.bother with any difficulty other than Story, just make 10 story difficulty ops.

Yeah Nightmare Denova should have come much earlier, since yes most of us are bored with Denova.

But...they claim to have watched all the tactics used, and implemented specific new mechanics to force guilds to use a different strategy. If this is what we think.it is, that means its not just one small hurdle to overcome like the difference between Storymode and Hardmode tactics, (such as yellow circle on Toth and Zorn or the random nature of shields on tanks).

So honestly, yes the core mechanics of the fights will be the same, and yes they'll all be wearing the same skin. But I fully expect there to be big changes required to tactics. Otherwise it simply could not take this long to release, regardless of how low priority it is due to most guilds still working on hardmode.

To be fair, its clear that they're spending more time working on Terror than Nightmare EC, which some might say is the right move. There is afterall a good chance that they may not release the revamped Nightmare modes for all 3 ops until after the level cap increase, to avoid making the content obsolete? But its pure speculation on my part.

They didn't say it was above 500k, they said that 500k was the cut off for it to be profitable.

But this is not the topic of the thread, please stop spamming.

"EA did not give the number of current The Old Republic subscribers, though the company said it’s “well over” 500,000." Pretty sure they did, but yes, back on topic.

Taken from: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/08/star-wars-the-old-republic-now-has-fewer-than-one-million-subscribers/

But...they claim to have watched all the tactics used, and implemented specific new mechanics to force guilds to use a different strategy. If this is what we think.it is, that means its not just one small hurdle to overcome like the difference between Storymode and Hardmode tactics, (such as yellow circle on Toth and Zorn or the random nature of shields on tanks).

To clarify, they said the watched tactics used that were livestreamed, not all tactics used. Strangely, they hinted in the methodical interview that they don't watch anything directly, instead relying on youtube/justin/etc.

Another thing.. yes they did say they would try to 'counter' current strats. First, this is a HORRIBLE game design. Release content, clear it for 4 months, then re-release counters to make it 'new'? Um, ok. Not my thing. Further on this, guilds have been farming this for 15 or whatever weeks now. I know we use different strategies on 16 week to week just to make it interesting, and also run an 8 man with 'new' strategies. We also rotate alts in, gear people up fully, and try different roles. Basically, we've run 'alternate' strats they've referred to. SO unless they do totally change the fights, I can't see us not adapting a 'played-with' strat to match with nightmare mechanics.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to try any of this since I think it'll be more than 10 days until NiM or TFB is released.

This game becomes unplayable even for casuals, I play few hours a week and I got NOTHING to do in game.

Once a week EC, once KP ( which i am sick off at this point). Dailies make me wanna puke, I cant force myself to do them any more.

Fck this, one ops per year? Early acces launched nine month ago and we only got TWO new flashpoints, ONE ops, and one area with 6 quests since then. It is a fck joke.

It sucks BIG TIME.

Bioware , announce your failure.

Edited by KVork

This game becomes unplayable even for casuals, I play few hours a week and I got NOTHING to do in game.

Once a week EC, once KP ( which i am sick off at this point). Dailies make me wanna puke, I cant force myself to do them any more.

Fck this, one ops per year? Early acces launched nine month ago and we only got TWO new flashpoints, ONE ops, and one area with 6 quests since then. It is a fck joke.

It sucks BIG TIME.

Bioware , announce your failure.

KP wasn't a full OP at launch; so it's 2 ops. And to be fair, the F2P has probably been in the works for a while; so a lot of dev time was spent on the transition; therefor I am cautiously optimistic that they aren't lying about faster content updates going forward.

Edited by Typeslice

Colonel Vorgath. No one can bring the droids out of stealth.

Correction, they changed a mechanic in it that was not really an issue, to apparently make it easier (personally cant see what the problem was in the first place) and subsequently broke it because obviously noone tested it before release...

##So now as usual you have 100s of guild waiting for OP resets on Tuesday unable to complete the said ops, further pissing players off.......

But no worries F2P is coming, yep cant wait for that to break the game completely..