MVP choices

TrumpetNut

Why do people always vote for the person at the top? I vote for ppl that, Instead of going for that extra medal they go out of they're way to help a teamate that is in trouble( as long as they aren't running at mid alone against 8 guys the whole round XD) Or doing objectives. I found a sorc that would pull me every time I solod a node he would walk in im almost done with the cap and he wll pull me off and hes top score he gets like 6+ votes.... I vote ppl who play well try to contribute to teamwork and aren't idiot trolls.

Why do people always vote for the person at the top? I vote for ppl that, Instead of going for that extra medal they go out of they're way to help a teamate that is in trouble( as long as they aren't running at mid alone against 8 guys the whole round XD) Or doing objectives. I found a sorc that would pull me every time I solod a node he would walk in im almost done with the cap and he wll pull me off and hes top score he gets like 6+ votes.... I vote ppl who play well try to contribute to teamwork and aren't idiot trolls.

Sometimes people leave before I can pick my vote lol. normally I go top objectives or top protection (like to show my tanks some love) But sometimes there is that clutch play that saves the game. Defusing a bomb in VS can be one of those game changers. Once I had the ball in a tie game. I had already used all my cds and got pushed into the fire. A sorc pulls me out and I scored with like 80 hp left, we wen't on to win. He got my vote!

The one with the most medals generally is an overall well rounded player who contributed in multiple ways.

But mostly they don't think about it nor do they care.

Classes that taunt can get medals more easily.

I usually just vote for my friends or who I think did well that game.

MVP can be lame at times (popularity contest), but I think it has more positives than negatives.

Huttball has the worst scoreboard. It shows most irrelevant stats. Funny thing in huttball, lot of times it turns out that the team with the most damage actually loses.

Huttball MPV should go to the person with the most attacker points IMO. This requires other players to know this even exists....you have to mouse-hover over the objective score to see it.

I frequently score 1 or 2 goals, and we win 1-0 or 2-0 and I get 0 MVP votes a large majority of the time. They are like "Wow that assassin tank only put out 40k damage...what was he doing all game?"

I hate the entire medal system anyways. Figure out a new system. A healer bust AZZ getting from one point to another saving caps and healing up the group and come out with maybe 5 medals when the others have 10+ .....Terrible, but whatever. I don't know how much more I can take. Just sticking around for the name star wars, I out lasted every single one of my friends, but reality is kicking in fast with every new day of PVP :(

Huttball has the worst scoreboard. It shows most irrelevant stats. Funny thing in huttball, lot of times it turns out that the team with the most damage actually loses.

Huttball MPV should go to the person with the most attacker points IMO. This requires other players to know this even exists....you have to mouse-hover over the objective score to see it.

I frequently score 1 or 2 goals, and we win 1-0 or 2-0 and I get 0 MVP votes a large majority of the time. They are like "Wow that assassin tank only put out 40k damage...what was he doing all game?"

in hutt u gain attacker points for killing a guy near their score area as well, so no, ure wrong. mvp - guy who scored/assisted most + was useful whole game, not some vulture waiting for pass behind score lane eot

usually objective score doesnt say too much about who was really playing, seen guy with 10k defender afk 90%of the game, still had like 2 mvp votes with 50dps...i mean really?

I generally look at highest damage, healing and objectives points and try to come up with a reasonable vote based on those, unless I've seen something in particular that stood out.

I was frustrated once in that there were two healers that did a hell of a job keeping me a live, but I could only vote for one of them :(

I think it may be nice if the objectives points stat was made a little more transparent.

Perhaps if we could tell from objective points (or a new column) who had either scored or assisted with a score (e.g. carried ball in last x yards of arena without enemy / no posession) in Huttball, who capped in CW / NC or who planted / defused in VS. This would make it easier to spot objectives-based players after the fact, at least. I know there's more to these things than "Ug! Me score, me most useful", but knowing these things could be useful in MVP decisions.

HA a game yesterday, win 2-1, commando (gunnery) with 30k dmg 30k healing, some ****** had the gall to ask me if I afk'd the warzone. Now if he hadn't of just been kill chasing at mid he would have saw me healing the BC and running ahead to clear platforms with KB. Far too many idiots at every level of PVP that MVP is totally worthless as it's rarely the actual MVP of the match that get's it.

HA a game yesterday, win 2-1, commando (gunnery) with 30k dmg 30k healing, some ****** had the gall to ask me if I afk'd the warzone. Now if he hadn't of just been kill chasing at mid he would have saw me healing the BC and running ahead to clear platforms with KB. Far too many idiots at every level of PVP that MVP is totally worthless as it's rarely the actual MVP of the match that get's it.

This is true.

I try to give it out to whoever was doing the garbage hauling in the game.

Like the guy who gets stuck guarding the lonely objective where nothing happens BUT if they leave then some random sneak will grab it from under our noses. Stuff like that.

I try to give it out to whoever was doing the garbage hauling in the game.

Like the guy who gets stuck guarding the lonely objective where nothing happens BUT if they leave then some random sneak will grab it from under our noses. Stuff like that.

There was a guy calling me a **** camper yesterday for guarding the only objective point we had that way.

Some people :/

I vote the guy who backfilled the match with 30 seconds left and didn't even have a chance to get out of the spawn area.

Next I vote someone if I actually saw them do an outstanding play.

Next, since I'm usually the one left solo guarding our "off" node, I vote whoever payed attention to chat and answered my "inc 2 west" call so that we kept it. If I'm not the solo guard-er, then I vote for the solo gaurd-er (unless the node gets stolen with no call).

Then I vote some combination of heals, protection, objective points.

I'm too jaded about deathmatchers to ever vote damage (sorry DPS guys).