Hacks already!?!

Raideen

Start of the match. I am in a scout, W pressed as hard as I can, and space bar held down full throttle.

Heading towards point A on the far right of the map. I am about 1/3rd the way there...gunship comes out of no where and 2 shots me.

How is this possible?

Edited by Raideen

easy. you need to use space bar to go faster. also if you are a scout you are a 1 shot kill for a gunship, especially if you have your power switched over to engines (shields drop to yellow when engines are boosted)

I understand space bar makes you go faster...point is, I WAS going fast and only made it 1/3rd of the way to a node at the start of the match...no ship in this game is fast enough to get to the other factions starting point as fast as I can leave it in a scout ship.

The same person had more damage done than our entire faction put together, most kills, most medals...its not possible.

Is anyone really surprised if there are? I for one am not. I am just surprised it took this long. I expected considering the test server access that happened before this that there would be more hacks then there are now all out in a couple hours of launch.

Start of the match. I am in a scout, W pressed as hard as I can, and space bar held down full throttle.

Heading towards point A on the far right of the map. I am about 1/3rd the way there...gunship comes out of no where and 2 shots me.

How is this possible?

Did you turn on engine power conversion? You probably won't beat the gun ship if he did the same thing and you didn't

Edited by happyscrub
typo

Did you turn on engine power conversion? You probably won't beat the gun ship if he did the same thing and you didn't

Yeah, that's the trick. F3 to go full engines, hold down on space and W. Oh, and if you have the active thrust booster on a scout (I think by default it's the 1 key) that helps as well. A great way to get out to a satellite first in a scout.

I don't think the power conversion makes you go any faster. It just speeds up engine regeneration rate if you aren't throttled. As for the damage part... he's a gunship. They almost always have the most damage/kills. They're sitting ducks otherwise.

As to him getting there... it IS possible that he somehow flew out before official start. I played about 20 matches tonight, and on one match saw one of my teammates flying out to a point and capturing it before the start of the match. Don't know how he did it. Because quite frankly, gunships don't have the endurance to boost all the way to a capture point from the beginning of the map, while scouts do.

Edited by Luneward

What you don't understand about the game is basiclly the ships all go the same speed unless buffed. The only thing the scout has is the larger boost bar. Spec a gunship for long speed boost and there you go.

Are you sure? I swear that my scout is much faster than my gunship. Am I just imagining that?

Are you sure? I swear that my scout is much faster than my gunship. Am I just imagining that?

Going by the info on Dulfy's site, a scout at max throttle and boost will do 2,496 m/s, a gunship at max throttle and boost will do 2,227 m/s.

The scout has some engine regeneration boosts and turns a lot faster though, so it feels quicker than it is.

That said, if the gunship shifts power to engines... his maximum range for the railgun is 15000m, with 95% accuracy. He doesn't need to get to the sat in order to shoot a scout that's in the open. In general, you're going to want to use the asteroids/pillars for cover as you move to the sat, then capture it while using the sat for cover. Using cover effectively is the bane of a gunship pilot's existence.

Edited by ScarletSpectre

Scout advantage is mostly a combination of much quicker turn speed and having near infinite boost so long as you are playing with a balanced power management setup. They have slight speed advantage - but not much of one. It's maneuverability and endurance rather than raw speed.

I don't think the power conversion makes you go any faster. It just speeds up engine regeneration rate if you aren't throttled. .

It doesn't make you go faster, but you can't get to a point from full speed on just one bar of engine without it. It extends the duration that you can boost by a lot.

• 1 month later...
they killed you in two shots and slowed you down at the same time cuz they used their ion cannon first. it does massive damage to your shields. then they finished you off with the slug rail gun. the best defensive against that is a good offence. seek out gunships at the start of the match. pro tip: hit them from behind. it works every time. they LITERALLY have tunnel vision when they're firing the rail guns.

On my gunship, I open each match with Barrel Roll, then boost until it comes back, then do it again. At that point I can actually rest right on top of a node. If scouts do that they beat me, but PLENTY of games I have time to bypass one shot at LEAST one scout waddling forward. This is assuredly what happened with OP.

There are details you don't mention.

1. Did you use Barrel Roll at the start before the match? If not? Why not?

2. Did you re-route power to engines by pressing F3 at the start of the match? If not, why not?

3. Why did you hold W? This has no effect on your speed during boosting. Also why would you hold a key on your keyboard "as hard as you can", the amount of pressure you apply to the key has no effect on it's transmission of the keystroke.

4. If the Gunship came out of "Nowhere", it means you didn't see where it was. If so, how do you know it was not 15k meters (gunship max range) closer to their spawn point? How do you know the gunship didn't just F3, barrel-roll, boost till 2nd barrel roll, and snipe you from there?... hmm.. Did this not occur as a possibility?

:rak_02:

To primitive people, high technology is indistinguishable from magic.

To inexperienced pilots, game mechanics are indistinguishable from hacks.

they killed you in two shots and slowed you down at the same time cuz they used their ion cannon first. it does massive damage to your shields. then they finished you off with the slug rail gun. the best defensive against that is a good offence. seek out gunships at the start of the match. pro tip: hit them from behind. it works every time. they LITERALLY have tunnel vision when they're firing the rail guns.

Way to raise this post from the dead...

How is this possible?

A Gunship 2shotting you isn't hacking.

Well every game you see people getting 15 + kills and 0 to 2 deaths you know something is up.

LOL, I only play a couple of games a week and unless my team is really good (which is rare) I get 15+ kills and 0 deaths every time and back when I actually played regularly it was even higher and ive never hacked any game ever.