Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want them to put in a bathroom, do you know how hard it is to collect that stuff with a bucket?.

I just wonder(in case i missed a post) are they going to charge rent?

I can see it now only 5 cc per month per char with a "free" stronghold.

I was a 8+ year player of COH and i built my own private base took 8 months of grinding at lvl 50 to get the COH version of credits to build a 8 room base and populate it , then we had to pay some rent per month for the rooms ,you don't pay they locked the access to the bases til you did. I wonder with guild ships if we can schedule raids between guilds?

i just want them to put in a bathroom, do you know how hard it is to collect that stuff with a bucket?.

I just wonder(in case i missed a post) are they going to charge rent?

I can see it now only 5 cc per month per char with a "free" stronghold.

I was a 8+ year player of COH and i built my own private base took 8 months of grinding at lvl 50 to get the COH version of credits to build a 8 room base and populate it , then we had to pay some rent per month for the rooms ,you don't pay they locked the access to the bases til you did. I wonder with guild ships if we can schedule raids between guilds?

No mention of 'rent' and I'd be slightly miffed if they did charge monthly fees for Housing. I like to 'own' something, not 'rent' it.

i would just like to say finally if you guys have ever played star wars galaxies i was hoping homes/strongholds would come in soone because i really loved the home system in star wars galaxies :p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o:

then they can buy the credit escrow or sub. if you don't pay you cant complain about not getting value for your money.

They get to play the game for free. If they want subscriber benefits, they should find a way to spring $.50 a day. Perhaps by eating at a fast food joint one less time per month or even smoking 2 less cigarettes a day?

You're confusing preferred status players with pure F2P players. Preferred status players have paid into the game, whether by being a former sub, buying CCs, or pre-ordering RotHC, whereas pure F2P players have not. Therefore your "OMG **** freeloaders!!!" comments really don't apply.

And yes, I agree that preferred status players at least deserve fewer restrictions.

Edited by HandOfKane

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but with the lvl cap of legacy going to 60 ,I wonder if to unlock the legacy storage you willhave to get to lvl 60 plus some amount of credits. a bit like Treek, she is lvl 40 and 1 million, the legacy storage could be lvl 60 and maybe 5 million. or pay some amount of cartel coins, I could see it costing 3000 coins and some amount of coins per char.

not saying i like this idea, but as they want to make money.....

Looks like the housing is for your legacy and not just one character.

Live on Multiple Planets

Choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of your faction’s capital world, or live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa or both – your Legacy can own multiple Strongholds!

Looks like the housing is for your legacy and not just one character.

Live on Multiple Planets

Choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of your faction’s capital world, or live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa or both – your Legacy can own multiple Strongholds!

legacy owns multiple strongholds is like unlucking house on DK, Narshadaa but through legacy and apply for the current character only.

As are things now. Mostly everything through legacy is for the current character you unluck it with. So in this case i still think its base on character

Edited by Rakugo

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but do we know yet if these houses will require rent costs to keep them accessible? I'm especially curious since they are touting multiple houses per legacy as a perk of this system, yet paying rent on multiple houses could get expensive pretty quickly.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but do we know yet if these houses will require rent costs to keep them accessible? I'm especially curious since they are touting multiple houses per legacy as a perk of this system, yet paying rent on multiple houses could get expensive pretty quickly.

They haven't said anything explicit about rent yet, but from what I have seen my understanding is that it's a single purchase and then you're done.

I doubt there will be a rent, all the subscriber who are getting a house for free and do not have interest in that would be angry that they would have to pay then for something they got for free.

How ironic that you're almost always 1st to reply on these announcement threads...

I'm confused...

Are you finding it "ironic" that the proprietor of one of the biggest SWTOR fan sites also keeps close tabs on announcements for that game?

Or would you find it "ironic" that the Community team might be actively reaching out to the proprietors of their game's biggest fan sites?

They said there would be BOTH a GSF sized expac AND a Makeb sized expac this year. Unless there are a lot of not yet announced features, this would seem to be the GSF sized one. So I would assume we will see something even bigger later in the year, perhaps a level increase.

They said that the Typhon/Korriban flashpoint will start a storyline that will last all year, so I think that will be the Makeb sized expansion

They said that the Typhon/Korriban flashpoint will start a storyline that will last all year, so I think that will be the Makeb sized expansion

I don't think 2.7 Invasion will be the Makeb sized expansion, BUT will be the precursor to it, just because their not hyping it very much. I expect that the big expansion will be for purchase, much like ROTHC was, but similarly priced. Because not much hype yet, I think the timeline is still towards the end of the year.

Also, don't forget that we still have upcoming rakghoul :rak_04: events on Tat and Corellia i believe. Last but not least, wasn't there supposed to be another Gree event with new drops? Call me pollyanna, but I hope the devs are working to tie all this together into the new expansion...maybe something like the rakghoul :rak_04: plague is so ravenous the Gree want to investigate, both the Empire and Republic think the other faction released the plague as some kind of chemical warfare and need to kick of the war again by invading each others academies...(ok i'm back to reality now)

I don't think 2.7 Invasion will be the Makeb sized expansion, BUT will be the precursor to it, just because their not hyping it very much. I expect that the big expansion will be for purchase, much like ROTHC was, but similarly priced. Because not much hype yet, I think the timeline is still towards the end of the year.

Also, don't forget that we still have upcoming rakghoul :rak_04: events on Tat and Corellia i believe. Last but not least, wasn't there supposed to be another Gree event with new drops? Call me pollyanna, but I hope the devs are working to tie all this together into the new expansion...maybe something like the rakghoul :rak_04: plague is so ravenous the Gree want to investigate, both the Empire and Republic think the other faction released the plague as some kind of chemical warfare and need to kick of the war again by invading each others academies...(ok i'm back to reality now)

I wasn't saying that 2.7 will be the expansion, I was saying that the story of the expansion will probably be the continuation of those fp storylines

This is a little offtopic but I noticed something. While I was on Twitch.tv to watch other streams I would occasionally see an ad for swtor and it was advertising about the Galactic strongholds trailer. It wasn't this trailer but an earlier trailer from before,it might have been that short teaser video.

Now I haven't seen a swtor ad on Twitch for a long time(maybe since last year),so I'm thinking damn they must be delivering a big update soon if they're spending more advertising dollars for this. Either way I'm looking forward to this.

I've seen dozens of conjectures on this, but no Official responses (that I've found). Can we get a heads-up on whether or not existing crafts will be able to make items? Or will it be a new craft? Some of us who have sadly neglected our crafting alts would like to get busy and level up our profs if they will be used for Stronghold accessories.

It's possible the answer to this is under NDA and that's why I can't find the answer, so if that is indeed the case, could you just say, "NDA, sorry,"

:confused: