Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true then i wonder how long it will be before each faction simply has four classes with five skill trees each, with lots more hybrid specs running around. That could do a lot for game diversity depending how it's done, given the current prevalence of cookie-cutter fotm specs in PvP (Smash, Pyro, Tanksin). I almost fell off my chair in surprise the last time a Powertech pulled out Retractable Blade on me in a WZ. Oh, and just to really shake things up put a trinket in the Cartel Market that temporarily awards two additional skill points for 24 hrs. Stackable up to three times... :p Edited by klham

It would definitely be the easy way out if it's done strictly to resolve class balance issues, but I don't think that's where the demand is coming from mostly. I think ppl just want to try out the other AC without having to level a second toon through the same content.

It would definitely be the easy way out if it's done strictly to resolve class balance issues, but I don't think that's where the demand is coming from mostly. I think ppl just want to try out the other AC without having to level a second toon through the same content.

Fair enough, and I have to admit that if you could switch anytime for a fee and could switch back without rebuying all your skills I'd heavily consider it just for the novelty. I've had a powertech that's been stagnated for awhile.

Don't think for a second I won't be demanding they have to keep trying to fix commando though.

Don't think for a second I won't be demanding they have to keep trying to fix commando though.
I've been fairly vocal about that myself. The sad part about it is that even as a commando I now totally focus mercs deliberately for the free kill... :o

I solved that issue by rolling the opposite AC on the opposite faction. I will eventually have all 8 ACs to see all the story lines.

Edited by Smashbrother

Just make arsenal mers when they have their shield on be immune to charge and pull. They need to borrow so ideas fom snipers if they are to make this class viable.

2 minute cooldown. Dunno that it would help us much. Would be SOMETHING though. What do we do the other 108 seconds?

Still you're right. Snipers are a ranged turret done right. Very well designed and well balanced. Wish they'd put that much thought into ALL the classes.

Merc is TERRIBLE in PvP... In any 1v1 fight with anything other than a merc you will lose. Every single decent skill the merc uses has a cast time, and can also be interupted. On top of that, they decreased the range of our stun by 2/3rds? Now the Merc class is even more horrible. You give us an interupt but but nerf our stun? Ridiculous. IT'S A RANGED CLASS! Give us our stun back... If you guys don't find a way to make the merc more competitive in PvP I am going to uninstall because merc is my main. So lets recap. Stun is worthless now, the interupt has a low range and can only be used to interupt certain things, but everything on merc can be interupted... Without a heat signature damage is crap and in PvP there isn't enough time to always get a heat signature on people. I could go on and on, please fix this class....

maybe u r terrible...

Maybe you should post that three or four more times right now in this thread, so you can get it out of your system.

Lol, this. Jarfunkz, you literally contribute nothing to any of these Merc threads. It's actually becoming funny.

Edited by Dovahbrah

If left alone they do amazing damage. Trouble is, everyone knows their garbage in PvP and attacks you. If only we as a PvP community could agree to just collectively leave mercs alone, as an act of mercy and respect for their suffering. Edited by Stanimir

Bump for justice.

No ****, we get to be the squishiest class with average dmg, meanwhile lolmashers can Force Sweep you for 6k dmg even if you are in full modded WH gear, something stinks in Bioware's realm...

Edited by yoomazir