colour blindness and marks in GSF

ROGERMNF

Just this. I have a moderate problem with colour blindness, and it makes me dificult to see target marks in GSF. Also with other content of the game. I suggest an option in the interface that alows me to select the colour of this marks. It will be helpfull.

Thanks.

Just this. I have a moderate problem with colour blindness, and it makes me dificult to see target marks in GSF. Also with other content of the game. I suggest an option in the interface that alows me to select the colour of this marks. It will be helpfull.

Thanks.

This has been a huge issue with this game since the start, there are puzzles in the game that have both red/green and blue/purple designations, hell on anyone who is shadeblind. There are two fights in this game I HAVE to be the darkest cold color (I'm guessing it's purple) or I can't do my job. We have asked time and time again for the designers to think about this as they go forward but they don't. All they have to do is use glyphs instead of colors and all would be great, but that would mean an extra asset needs to be created for these things. We know what won't happen as the Strongholds still don't have a friggin icon on these forums.

I seriously think the devs don't care on this issue. It's ludicrous that we can't get text printouts (display shield health), shade options (display shield health as magnitude of white to black), color options (display shield health as blue to red) colorblind options (prot, deut, trit), or literally ANYTHING that would trivialize or eliminate this problem. Only having to distinguish between identically bright shades between red and green can mess up a colorblind person, so this game takes GREAT care to use NOTHING BUT THIS at every possible opportunity. Throw a bit of blue into the green, most colorblind guys can see it- NOPE. 00 FF 00 ALL U NEED

It's very frustrating, and one of my best buds, who is colorblind, dropped the game after literally one game, saying he couldn't understand anything that was going on. What was I supposed to tell him? "Sorry, they accidentally on purpose designed the exact one way of doing colors that you are biologically incapable of."

Very frustrating.

I would suggest trying to find software that messes with the red and green displays, making one brighter, or adding the blue to the green.

Colored glasses that make green or red dimmer can help depending on the interface being viewed, but the glasses you are talking about are entirely ineffective for computer monitors.

On a computer monitor, you are only ever looking at three colors. There is a red phoshor, a green phosphor, and a blue phosphor on an older monitor, and on modern monitors you have a white light in the background that is bandpass blocked by LCDs. All monitors these days are LCD (the things marketed as LCDs use a flourescent in the back and then use LCDs to cut down to the three light types, the things marketed as LEDs use a white LED in the back and then use LCDs to cut down to the three light types).

This means that while something outside that looks yellow probably has a peak in the yellow, then some green, and some red, in a smooth tight curve (like a sharp parabola, but not necessarily parabolic in curve), something yellow on a monitor is just two big spikes of a red and a green. If you were looking at it through ANY other interface but the human eye, it would look absurd.

The glasses work by "spreading out" the spectrum. Monitors don't have any spectrum to spread out, and those glasses won't help.

More importantly, it's just really stupid that something so trivial can't be added by the devs. It's really insensitive of them, extremely callous. We shouldn't be discussing 600 dollar glasses that don't work on monitors, addon software that changes the display colors, or taped over colored cellophane to make it so that the red or the green is darker and can be viewed that way. How about they just add an option to print numbers or change the display? That's the right answer.

What's also sad that in beta you could even turn on Color Blind mode and they "temporarily" took it out for the final game because it wasn't finished and they wanted to "make it right", and just like other helpful features such as chat bubbles that they promised that would be re-added to the game soon after launch when they got the time to polish/finish them, it never happened. It would be really nice if Bioware committed to one or two patches that focus specifically on adding back the features they "temporarily" took out in beta and finished, polished and fixed any issues they had, including things like color blind modes (various variants for different conditions, similar to what Battlefield 4 has), a chat bubbles option and more. Edited by Glzmo