Pax South Cantina Tour files - Costume Designer in 3.2

Iwipe

Hey everyone, here are the Pax South Cantina Tour files provided by Baa’nariim of Harbinger.

• If you are looking for a sneak peak for new stuff coming to SWTOR you will be disappointed as it is just a bunch of old stuff.

• However, they are apparently showing off the new costume designer coming with patch 3.2 and a video will be added soon.
  • The decision for action taken against ravagers exploiters finalized this morning. There will be a post from musco about it (no specific timeframe on when this will take action or the post will happen)
  • They read Bruce Macleans developer letter which is slated for release on the website in 2 weeks. It's included in the video coming soon.
  • There is no plan to change the new slot machine’s drop rate from its current form. They are sort of "afraid" of releasing future slot machines (future slot machines for other cartel reputations) due to the backlash and the controversy created by the community (this is generating some controversy, see clarification here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7984114#post7984114)

• Two more game expansions before end of the year.
  • New Togruta race, new stronghold
  • New planet Ziost in April

Contents: http://dulfy.net/2015/01/24/swtor-pax-south-cantina-tour-fan-flash-drive-contents/

Note: The video is provided by Baa’nariim and not Bioware. So this soon, is not Bioware soon

Edited by Iwipe

I saw more in twitter. Somebody posted it in another thread not long ago.

Togruta were confirmed as new race, continuation of the story line and more personal story were also mentioned. 2 updates this year to come. Stuff like that.

The Costume designer I am also looking forward to. This could be a big deal for a lot of people who feel they can't change their look because of the costs invoved in remodding and re-augmenting just to look different.

It's just a preview but I like some of the key words dropping here.

https://twitter.com/Heather_PLS

Edited by Tsillah

I saw more in twitter. Somebody posted it in another thread not long ago.

Togruta were confirmed as new race, continuation of the story line and more personal story were also mentioned. 2 updates this year to come. Stuff like that.

The Costume designer I am also looking forward to. This could be a big deal for a lot of people who feel they can't change their look because of the costs invoved in remodding and re-augmenting just to look different.

It's just a preview but I like some of the key words dropping here.

https://twitter.com/Heather_PLS

Ziost confirmed thank god! :eek: Here's hoping it means Bothawui and Sleheyron will also be brought back from that old-canelled expansion

F**k yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:D

EDIT:

In it's earliest incarnation, it featured class stories, in addition to a planetary arc. Doubt we'll get that, but a flashpoint or so would be better than nothing I guess.

Yay for Togrutas.

They could very well do some more like they did on Rishi.

Yay for Togrutas.

They could very well do some more like they did on Rishi.

Who cares about the Togruta?

Go away, Silly Wrath. :mad:

I shall get to visit the Ajunta Pall Citadel in all its glory and magnificence.

I SHAN'T BE DENIED. NOT THIS TIME.

:rak_03:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

F**k yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:D

EDIT:

In it's earliest incarnation, it featured class stories, in addition to a planetary arc. Doubt we'll get that, but a flashpoint or so would be better than nothing I guess.

TBH, I would be rather disappointed with jsut a FP. It worked for Manaan & Rakata because we can already visit/quests in these areas in KOTOR 1. Ziost/Bothawui/Sleheyron weren't, Sleheyron was actually first cut from KOTOR 1. I hope they're Oricon/Ilum-size mini-planets at least

A little confused though. One guy said two updates before year end? Does that mean we're only getting to 3.2, or two more after that (3.4 is the last) or has the whole thing went over my head and mean something else?

Obviously 2 expansion (one free one paid) as last year, not just 2 patches lol

Edited by Pietrastor

TBH, I would be rather disappointed with jsut a FP. It worked for Manaan & Rakata because we can already visit/quests in these areas in KOTOR 1. Ziost/Bothawui/Sleheyron weren't, Sleheyron was actually first cut from KOTOR 1. I hope they're Oricon/Ilum-size mini-planets at least

A daily area would be nice as well I guess.

Even so, what I wouldn't give to get Ziost as it once was originally envisioned. Ohhh well...

* sigh *

No, that boat has long sailed; no point dwelling. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Two more game expansions before end of the year.

Sounds to me like the time of free content updates is over. Any larger content is now packed with a paid expansion and no longer free. Add to that the increased time between Game Updates... :( Let's hope that those will be just small side game like GSF and GSH, and not another level increase, it's way too early for that. Also, looks like they learned nothing from 3.0. By promising two expansions this year, they once shoot themselves in the foot and will have to rush the expansion before the holidays with no time to do any bigger bug fixes or QA testing.

Ziost and Togruta are not a big surprise to anyone following the game closely, those have been in the works for quite a while. The custome designer has been a big request since release, but I fear it will be Cartel Market based.

Also, it's sad to see how a few angry players on the forums are to blame that we won't get any more slot machines. It was totally reasonable that they nerfed them, but because players did not want to understand that and were up in arms about it, we now won't get a chance to farm that reputation besides opening packs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the developer letter, since it will hopefully give us an update on the things to come this year, because so far I'm not hooked too much.

Edited by Jerba

Sounds to me like the time of free content updates is over. Any larger content is now packed with a paid expansion and no longer free. Add to that the increased time between Game Updates... :( Let's hope that those will be just small side game like GSF and GSH, and not another level increase, it's way too early for that. Also, looks like they learned nothing from 3.0. By promising two expansions this year, they once shoot themselves in the foot and will have to rush the expansion before the holidays with no time to do any bigger bug fixes or QA testing.

Ziost and Togruta are not a big surprise to anyone following the game closely, those have been in the works for quite a while. The custome designer has been a big request since release, but I fear it will be Cartel Market based.

Also, it's sad to see how a few angry players on the forums are to blame that we won't get any more slot machines. It was totally reasonable that they nerfed them, but because players did not want to understand that and were up in arms about it, we now won't get a chance to farm that reputation besides opening packs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the developer letter, since it will hopefully give us an update on the things to come this year, because so far I'm not hooked too much.

I agree with you about the part of the few angry players about the slot machines on the forums are going to be the cause of potentially no more future slot machines.

Ziost! Hell yeah! :D

2 expansions in 2015 - I'm assuming we're looking at GSF/Strongholds-sized DLC, but I'm happy with that if we're talking two a year.

The Costume Designer isn't something I'm particularly excited about (honestly strikes me as misallocated resources) but I know its something others have been requesting for a while now, so props for responding to a community desire.

Togruta we knew about - nice to hear it officially-officially confirmed though.

New Stronghold I am looking forward to - hoping for Alderaan, Voss or Manaan. Glad to see that unlike GSF, they're still looking to support Strongholds into the future.

Lame that there weren't any new images or teasers on the Flashdrive though.

I think the Slot Machine as it is now is fine as an item, the only mistake they made was releasing it in the state it was originally in. As long as the Bounty, Starfighter, etc. Slot Machines start out in the same vein as the Contraband one currently is, I think they should go ahead and release them (as long as they keep them to one per shipment so they can be timed a full year after their associated Reputation was embargoed like they did with Contraband).

So is 3.1 just going to be HM FPs and maybe a NiM Op (if that)? Meh.

Thanks as always for the update, Dulfy!

Edited by DarthDymond

Listening to Bruce's letter, the phrase 'unified story' referring to 8 classes has me worried that going forward they're sticking with SoR's shared story between both factions, which would be disappointing. :(

I can deal with 2 faction-specific storylines, but the single storyline of SoR should be the exception, not the rule. I was really hoping for a bit of a return to Empire vs Republic before both sides start going after the shared threat from the end of SoR.

Listening to Bruce's letter, the phrase 'unified story' referring to 8 classes has me worried that going forward they're sticking with SoR's shared story between both factions, which would be disappointing. :(

If you didn't see that coming from a mile away, taking into account the ending for SoR, you were only deluding yourself.

Let's just hope they drop the all "Personal Phase" BS by the time the new expansion or group content hits. That stuff is just nasty, nasty.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If you didn't see that coming from a mile away, taking into account the ending for SoR, you were only deluding yourself.

Let's just hope they drop the all "Personal Phase" BS by the time the new expansion or group content hits. That stuff is just nasty, nasty.

The cynic in me worried that was the case, but I was hoping (though not necessarily expecting) that it was a case of "looking at the story we want to tell, this particular chapter makes sense to tell as a shared plotline" as opposed it being driven by a general cost-cutting measure.

Not a shocking development, but my 'customer feedback' is still that it's a disappointing direction for them to take.

As to the ending of SoR, I also find the idea that we might be going full-speed ahead into the confrontation with

the Emperor

to be disappointing, though. That just strikes me as the enemy that should be at the end of the entire game's life-cycle, if they're going into it now I worry about what they'll be able to follow it up with.

Edited by DarthDymond

The cynic in me worried that was the case, but I was hoping (though not necessarily expecting) that it was a case of "looking at the story we want to tell, this particular chapter makes sense to tell as a shared plotline" as opposed it being driven by a general cost-cutting measure.

Not a shocking development, but my 'customer feedback' is still that it's a disappointing direction for them to take.

They hinted at this direction going all the way back to Oricon when you think of it; same with Forged Alliances.

SoR was pretty much the logical next step, which was to feature an expansion where both factions share the EXACT SAME faction story, with minimum to non-existent differences here and there.

Sure it's disappointing but again, ESPECIALLY taking into account the way SoR ended, it was to be expected.

Taking into account all that, my earlier request remains: drop "Personal Phase" in the name of all that is holy. I can understand that for Class story content, but stuff that should be Group content?

Again, makes no sense at all. It screams laziness, even more so than a shared story for both factions, whether there's a reason for that or not. :(

As to the ending of SoR, I also find the idea that we might be going full-speed ahead into the confrontation with

the Emperor

to be disappointing, though. That just strikes me as the enemy that should be at the end of the entire game's life-cycle, if they're going into it now I worry about what they'll be able to follow it up with.

I expect the Emperor to be done with by the end of the year. They did say in the past they wouldn't drag story content the same way they dragged the Dread Masters.

It would seem they intend to be true to their word.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Taking into account all that, my earlier request remains: drop "Personal Phase" in the name of all that is holy. I can understand that for Class story content, but stuff that should be Group content?

Again, makes no sense at all. It screams laziness, even more so than a shared story for both factions, whether there's a reason for that or not. :(

Class story, faction story, or shared story, I don't mind Personal Phases for parts of the plotline where you have individualized things like the developing interpersonal dynamic with Theron, Lana and Jakarro - for example I wouldn't have wanted my pursuing a romantic relationship with Lana to be dependent on an RNG from the group conversation.

But yeah they should treat Personal Phases as one more tool in the toolbox, and use it for those encounters/conversations that it is most appropriate to, not using it as the only type of phase like they did in SoR.

Edited by DarthDymond

Class story, faction story, or shared story, I don't mind Personal Phases for parts of the plotline where you have individualized things like the developing interpersonal dynamic with Theron, Lana and Jakarro - for example I wouldn't have wanted my pursuing a romantic relationship with Lana to be dependent on an RNG from the group conversation.

But yeah they should treat Personal Phases as one more tool in the toolbox, and use it for those encounters/conversations that it is most appropriate to, not using it as the only type of phase like they did in SoR.

Regardless, I'm sure it will fall in deaf ears and the way going forward is "Personal Phase".

Wasteful.

That probably is what Bruce's comment about "character driven" story implies.

Greater focus on your character's personal story = "Personal Phase" featuring a SHARED story between factions, with a UNIQUE flavor line for each class, every thirty minutes, trying to mask it

Seems sensible. :rolleyes:

Alas, I shall wait to see what comes out of it. It may surprise me. :D

Optimism will kill me. Pessimism devours me.

BioWare is too complicated.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Thanks for the link to the video! Unfortunately, it was hard to understand some words, so I just transcribed what I heard:

Hi everyone,

For many, the start of the year is the time for setting goals and the planning for the future. This is something we have been famous for here at Bioware Austin. 2014 was an amazing year for the team. We delivered two expansions, a ... new class system and regular story updates through flashpoints. I'm proud of all the team has accomplished and we would not be ... without your support. Thank you.

I'm excited for what we have in store for you in 2015. Some of you might remember, before launch we talked a lot about the four pillars of RPGs: combat, exploration, progression and story. SWTOR is an MMO, but it's also a Biwoare game. Three years ago, we set out to deliver a product that contained the best of two worlds: the immersive story experience from a single-player RPG, and the vast array of systems and social connections from an online multi-player game. Since launch, we've made improvements on the latter, adding Galactic Strongholds, achievements, legacy perks, reputation tracks and Galactic Starfighter. But with the success of the Shadow of Revan expansion, we ... to our roots ... story.

Shadow of Revan was just the beginning. In 2015, we are committed to bringing you more character-driven adventures in The Old Republic universe. You go to see a unified story with the focus on beings that unite our eight classes. Everyone is a veteran from the Galactic Civil War, with a complicated past and an uncertain future. You'll see a great emphasis on your character's personal story and on the choices that you make. I don't want to say too much about that since it is still in development, but what we have planned really gets back to the Star Wars fantasy part of the game.

Our plan is to deliver two major updates with this new story-direction ...: One in the summer, and the other by the end of the year. But what is happening in the mean time, you might ask? Well, here's a list of what you can expect in the first half of the year. As always, please keep in mind that all of this is subject to change. We reserve the right to adjust our plans as necessary, and potentially when this [letter] goes live in two weeks, the points will be different, subject to change.

• On February 10th, we'll have Game Update 3.1, which includes the following things: hardmode flashpoint Blood Hunt, hardmode flashpoint Battle of Rishi, as well as the start of PvP Season 4.
  • For April 28th, which is currently our tentative date for Game Update 3.2, we have a new system called the Outfit Designer. ... Stay tuned for a blog on this awesome new feature coming soon! You guys could ask questions about that afterwards, and I don't know what we'll say, so just ask and find out. A new story arc on the planet Ziost. So this story arc takes us to the Imperial homeworld of Ziost, where we answer many of the questions posed by the cliffhanger at the end of Shadow of Revan. It also has the end of PvP Season 4, and the start of Season 5, same time.
  • And beyond that, no date, always TBD, we would like to release a new stronghold, and in addition to that, also add a new playable race, the Togruta. I kind of let the Cathar out of the bag on this one last year at the cantina.

There's still going to be a reveal for SWTOR this year, this is just the start, and that's really very true. When we are further on in development, we will reveal more information that dives in the nitty-gritty details for these new features.

I want to thank you, our galactic heroes, for continuing to support us. It is your feedback and enthusiasm that makes SWTOR a better game and drives us to be better. All of our hard work is for you. May the Force be with you!

Bruce Maclean

Sounds to me like a typical executive letter. Too bad Bruce was not there to present it himself, it would have been more enjoyable than just seeing someone else reading it off. I agree that it sounds like we will have the same story for Imps and Pubs, and since they emphasize "character-driven", I doubt we'll be able to complete it as a group. But I'll live, better an identical story than no story.

Edited by Jerba