I'm announcing my retirement.

MidichIorian

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go try a class that requires every ability you have just to be competitive in pvp. You know, something other than Pyrotech. That statement my indeed be old but being old doesn't make it less true.

I'm Legacy 50 and have x5 level 50 characters, and nearly a 6th. All are Battlemaster or above. There is not a single class in this game that has a more complicated rotation or set of base skills than another. Period.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thank you for finally agreeing that PTs are too easy to play. Now, it's time to agree that they do way too much damage. Which, of course, is also true.

I never said they were hard to play, your rage seems to be giving you derpitis, please try again to justify badness.

Cheers.

As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= fre kill".

It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1

Example 2

[/QQ]

Don't blame you OP. Once Aug 25th gets here let's see how much fun this community has being healed in pve content with an op healer lol. Most of the sorc/sage healers especially that play pvp will be leaving.

I often get top heals in the war zones I heal but it's just not fun to have 0 survivabilty and be marked every game and ave 6 or 7 people piling on you as soon as you enter the zone.

It's not a L2P issue at all and all the people crying about how you are qq'ing them are probably the same people who qq'd and got our class nerfed.

LOL so funny to see PT trying to defend themselves. Go look at the vid of the pyro who only used 3 abilities in a wz and did 586k or something lol

3 keys man, sure you can use 4, sure you can say you use 10, it doesnt matter at all

Wow and some one actually used adrenals as a key a PT uses? cmon man

^^^^^^^^^

Can I have your stuff?

I play several classes at 50. Not because of FOTM rerolls, but because I like to have a fist-hand, objective picture of game balance. It's not nearly as bad as many tunnel-visioned mouth-breathers claim. My Sage alt is augmented BM Seer\TK hybrid, and I enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy playing my half-WH Marauder.

Edited by Helig

LOL so funny to see PT trying to defend themselves. Go look at the vid of the pyro who only used 3 abilities in a wz and did 586k or something lol

3 keys man, sure you can use 4, sure you can say you use 10, it doesnt matter at all

Wow and some one actually used adrenals as a key a PT uses? cmon man

Yes, because damage > anything else that matters in PvP. :rolleyes:

See, it's simpleton thinking like this, that makes me smile at the amount of bads that play this game.

When you get to be good at Rated PvP, or even remotely noticed, you will notice that damage literally isn't the stat that seperates good teams from bad teams.

...because I like to have a fist-hand, objective picture of game balance. It's not nearly as bad as many tunnel-visioned mouth-breathers claim...

Amen, brother. People need to L2P instead of channeling Force Whine on the forums about how OP everyone else is.

All I see is a guy complaining about his class sucking yet posts pictures showing that his class was always top 3 in damage and avoided getting killed more then the rest of the majority of his team. Sorry you can't be number 1 every game.

Please tell me then how many keys a pyro PT needs to be effective? Let me see how many I can name:

Railshot

Rocket punch

Auto shot

Explosive dart/ thermal detonator

Unload

Flame Burst

all others can be "clicked" and you can still kill people pretty effectively. So, sorry they need 6 keys not 5.

PT's use quite a few keys. TD-> IM -> railshot -> flame burst -> rail shot = optimal burst cycle, yes, and it's only 4 keybinds. Then, there's rocket punch (which more often than not gets thrown in after a flame burst that doesn't proc PPA, targeted taunt, AoE taunt, carbonize, electro dart, grapple, vent heat (doesn't get used nearly as often by the best pyro PT's unless they're heavily focusing on big burst), explosive fuel (used pretty much every CD), thermal sensor override (also used every cooldown), stealth scan (quite often, honestly), quell (gotta' intterupt, and though it is limited to melee range, we can talent it to the shortest possible cd time - tied with annihilation marauder), flame thrower (even if pyro it still gets used when there are at least 3 clustered enemies), rapid shots, unload (better than rapid shots), Death From Above (another ability best used against custered foes, but we can use this one from range), determination (stun-break), energy shield (with my build, I get to use it every ~50s on average, so I have it on an easy keybind instead of clicking it), and then there's Kolto Overload (I don't have it talented to reduce its CD, so yes, I do click it - and it's much better than most people describe)... and then there's flame sweep... which although I have it located somewhere for me to click on (only use it when enemies swarm doors in VS attempting to disarm a planted bomb - albeit, when I'm AP specced, I use it effectively as a "pre-cast" to get a full stack of prototype flamethrower).

Now, I'm not saying Pyro/Assault PT/VG is fine... it certainly is broken (mostly CGC DoT procs without an internal cooldown compounded by the fact that CGC is stronger than long-duration DoT's yet it only lasts 6s, which makes it deal bursty DoT damage and nigh impossible to manage via "dispels" since it's short and can get reapplied instantly). PT/VG dps is a bit too much, but I think a change to CGC to reduce its damage and giving it an internal cooldown on how often it applies will help balance it out (as it is right now, CGC has no internal cooldown on application, so if you flame burst a target that is being guarded, you are applying a CGC DoT/slow debuff to both the target AND the tank that is guarding them).

Lastly, PT's aren't too terribly hard to kill. They're weak against DoT's, slows, roots, stun-locks, and all classes with high armor penetration abilities/capabilities - not to mention FF drops them in the same amount of time compared to most classes - exceptions being Assassins/Shadows, Juggs/Guardians, Ops/Scounds, and Maras/Sents (assuming these classes are allowed to pop their defensive cooldowns).

Edited by SinnedWill

While I don't think anyone takes your "retirement" announcement as anything other than QQ; I too am growing tired of seeing 4-5 PT/vanguards in almost every warzone. The problem with patch 1.2-1.3 is that the hardest classes to play in pvp also tend to be the weakest. PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most. Pretty sad that a tick of combustive gas cylinder hits me for 1200 damage (I have 1332 exp) and my backstab non-crit hits someone for around the same pretty frequently.

6 hot keys. :p

hs, ir, as, ip, ss, hib (no particular order)

in all seriousness, though, they are ridiculously easy to play. I don't mean just easy in terms of # of buttons, but everything they do is instant. they don't have to work to churn out high numbers. they can't be kited (see instants). the only decisions to be made are when to use dcd's and stuns/harpoon (resolve).

This is nothing but QQ.

Play another classes. See how very surviveable (not) you are as a sniper.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

BTW, Sorcs totally anihilate snipers dude.

So when you say play another class... you admit that sorc/sage are underpowered??

but because I like to have a fist-hand, objective picture of game balance. It's not nearly as bad as many tunnel-visioned mouth-breathers claim.

QFT

People can say I'm rolling a FOTM class because I am branching out towards a Vanguard, hell maybe I am. However, I have a few 50s and don't plan on my Vanguard being my last toon. If I have to fight them, then I want to know what they have to offer., thus I made one....I don't see why that is a problem to everyone not playing one but what do I care really? Call them easy if you'd like, no one cares. That will not prevent people from making them and won't change anything so be mad and keep the complaints coming. Not to the poster I am quoting but to people in general.

And I wanted to say I am confused on this post as well. Your pictures you link show you doing very well imo. I get that you lack the survivability of other classes, but I find the post and then your pics contradicting. Sounds to me, and maybe it's only me, that you want to be on top again and not on equal playing level or even a little under the curve as it's not how it always has been. I play a sorc healer myself and know all about the low survivability rate, so please don't expect that I know nothing about what you are talking about.

Just wondering if you que alone or que with friends or how your setup is? And don't give me that, "why does that matter, I should be able to que solo" etc, because I agree you should. But don't expect your team to help peel aggro off you as they don't know you and don't care about you lol. You seem to be putting out really nice damage, thus you are targeted since you are a light armor wearing character. This is frustrating yes, but I don't think it should be a quitting factor. Regardless, I'm not here to lecture or tell you things will get better, because I really don't know. I just don't find the complaints as valid as you because I play a similar character, don't experience these issues with groups and even know sorc dps that people avoid coming across in game so....good luck to you in whatever game you hate on next!!

Edited by Master_Nate

Sage (as well as scoundrel and commando) defenses are balanced around their healing trees. If they were stronger defensively, when they're guarded they'd be invincible as healers.

The issue is their DPS trees lack survivability because they're low-priority for receiving guard. So yes, DPS sages need a defensive boost, but they must be very careful not to extend that defensive boost to healers.

Wait, your team won 6-0 in a Voidstar vs a PT/Operative heavy team and you're complaining?

I really do hope that you mean operative healers... 'cause if you mean dps... there's something wrong with your perspective of class balance

Let me get this straight...in your first example ,your team were the winners, you had the hghest damage on your team, tied for second in medals and had the 2nd LEAST deaths of everyone on your team.

Where is the problem?

Edited by Shaabyy

I'm Legacy 50 and have x5 level 50 characters, and nearly a 6th. All are Battlemaster or above. There is not a single class in this game that has a more complicated rotation or set of base skills than another. Period.

That's not true at all.

I find that the rotation for my Anni Marauder is significantly more complex and extensive than my Shadow, although I consider my Shadow's rotation a lot deeper than my Scoundrel. The easiest so far is on my Sniper. I don't have a BH/Trooper so can't compare there. But some classes certainly have more complicated rotations than others.

Yes, because damage > anything else that matters in PvP. :rolleyes:

See, it's simpleton thinking like this, that makes me smile at the amount of bads that play this game.

When you get to be good at Rated PvP, or even remotely noticed, you will notice that damage literally isn't the stat that seperates good teams from bad teams.

lol every single person who knows anything about pvp knows that damage is only one factor to winning in any wz, especially in objective based wz. That's common knowledge. And that isn't at all what people complain about PTs for.

Nice try to try and turn the conversation to something else though.

Talking to a reroll PT about PTs is futile.

Just keep playing the fotm and keep thinking youre good man, whatever strokes your epeen

And btw I play a sniper and PTs to me are just flies that need a good swatting. And even though I have no issues at all with PTs or Maras(unless I get 2 at the same time ofc) it simply does not change the fact that they need adjustments downs in one way or another.

Please tell me then how many keys a pyro PT needs to be effective? Let me see how many I can name:

Railshot

Rocket punch

Auto shot

Explosive dart/ thermal detonator

Unload

Flame Burst

all others can be "clicked" and you can still kill people pretty effectively. So, sorry they need 6 keys not 5.

TBH they do need to watch their heat and manage it... but then again its just learning the rotation

As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= fre kill".

It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1

Example 2

[/QQ]

*** why are you QQing about sniperS? did i miss something or? Cause last time i checked they were balanced.

That's not true at all.

I find that the rotation for my Anni Marauder is significantly more complex and extensive than my Shadow, although I consider my Shadow's rotation a lot deeper than my Scoundrel. The easiest so far is on my Sniper. I don't have a BH/Trooper so can't compare there. But some classes certainly have more complicated rotations than others.

I have played several classes, if not to 50, then into the 40's and there is not a single DPS rotation that is difficult. Some have varying degrees of easiness but none are hard or even a challange. The one issue I have is some classes, I'm loking at you PT Pyro's, have audio queues when something procs.

Now the next argument is, but have other non DPS buttons!!!111111!1. My response is that it is MUCH easier to manage 5 defensive CDs then it is to manage 1 or 2, if you make a mistake on your one defensive CD you are screwed, if you have 5 just pop the next one.