Is there a point of having PVP on PVE servers

enabe

Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on aPVE server.

title is misleading and can lead to mockery.

OP didn't mean 'no pvp on pve servers' he ment 'event can lead to pvp zone on pve server'

but as said, pvp zones are optional, event is optional, no one is forcing any pvp on you on any way. You choose to go pvp zone with warnings 'you can get killed'.

They aren't requiring you to PvP, the PvP area and its missions are completely optional. They'll only grant a small amount of reputation and Warzone commendations. You can access all of the other content without PvPing.

True i could do the other stuff outside the PVP area and get them done but would missing out on 2 missions every day get me to top rep. for the gree. It will but it will take 2X more longer to get there. So i was thinking why not a option for those 2 quest or something else. Also if it is PVP why are the Imperial players killing each other and the Republic players doing the same are you guys into kill someone that may be helping you done the line with OP or FP come on Imperial's Go nuts kill the republic players it makes it more interesting and republic you go after the imperial players.

True i could do the other stuff outside the PVP area and get them done but would missing out on 2 missions every day get me to top rep. for the gree. It will but it will take 2X more longer to get there. So i was thinking why not a option for those 2 quest or something else. Also if it is PVP why are the Imperial players killing each other and the Republic players doing the same are you guys into kill someone that may be helping you done the line with OP or FP come on Imperial's Go nuts kill the republic players it makes it more interesting and republic you go after the imperial players.

if you want something extra, you have to take the risk. events in pvp area are so rare, people take what ever they can from it while it lasts.

Missing two rep items will not make this task take twice as long. You can get blue rep items from the repeatable area bosses that are outside the PvP zone which will more than make up for skipping the PvP quests given you win the rolls on the rep items. Not to mention, you can run all the PvE missions on alts that are level 50+ as well which makes the rep roll in.

Factions are killing themselves because it is a FFA PvP area like Outlaw's Den. You sound like you really dislike the area so I'd recommend foregoing the extra rep items, which I assume you already are.

Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on a PVE server.

The complaints that would arise if you couldn't PVP on a server (Even one dedicated to PVE) is reason enough.

Good God, this again. Nobody is being forced to do anything!

If you don't want to engage in PVP, stay the hell out of the PVP area. I'm by no means a PVPer*, but I am sick to the back teeth of all these PVE crybabies wailing about the PVP aspect of the Gree Event. There are two PVP quests, clearly marked as such. If you don't want to do them, don't pick them up. If those two extra tokens a day are so important to you, then you need to man up and face those horrid dastards in the PVP zone.

It really is as simple as that.

*Apart from the Gree event, one single Huttball match makes up the entire sum of my PVP experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on aPVE server.

Sigh...

There is absolutely nothing --NOTHING-- that "requires" you to do any world PvP whatsoever on a PvE server in this game.

The PvP is kinda forced outside as well:

a) enemy pvp flag is on then they are yellow enemies and you can accidentally hit them and get flagged immediately.

b) group up for heroic and get flagged because someone on your team has a pvp flag

there are some people who take advantage of this and drag others into pvp who don't want that! This is the most annoying part for me.

a) enemy pvp flag is on then they are yellow enemies and you can accidentally hit them and get flagged immediately.

b) group up for heroic and get flagged because someone on your team has a pvp flag

there are some people who take advantage of this and drag others into pvp who don't want that! This is the most annoying part for me.

A) Don't use AoE attacks, so that way you don't tag that stealth'ed guy trying to force-flag.

B) Kick people who are flagged, and announce in your LFG advert that you will do so.

As well, C) Wear PvP gear, so if something does happen, then you don't get nuked in 2 rotations.

The onus is on you to act to preserve your safety, mate. Doing so really doesn't require much effort.

The whole game is optional. To flag those of us who prefer to not PvP in an event that we would like to take part in that is 99% PVE is a bit irritating, especially when key spots are camped. Personally, I suck horribly at PVP and all it does is aggravate me.

The whole game is optional. To flag those of us who prefer to not PvP in an event that we would like to take part in that is 99% PVE is a bit irritating, especially when key spots are camped. Personally, I suck horribly at PVP and all it does is aggravate me.

Then don't enter the contested area. Problem solved.

absolutely not, there is no reason whatsoever to have PvP at all on a PvE server... i can understand manually flagging for people that wanna duel and stuff, but under no circumstances should we be auto-flagged for being anywhere on a PvE server...

a better idea would be for us to have a check-box in the options menu for "Never Flag for PvP", that way we're not denied a part of the game just because someone decides it's funny to grief other players... that way we can go in, do our thing, not be denied access to a part of the game, and not get griefed by PvP Elitists... i know that will burn the butts of the PvPers that want to force us into "PvP or get out", but we should not have just two negative options given to us, we need a positive option on the servers designated as Co-Op... otherwise remove PvE from the server descriptions cause that's just misleading...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

I swear by all that is mystical in the force.... I'm going to projectile vomit blood the next time I see someone whining about this...

-Again- For the extremely cheap seats, and with added specifics this time round...

1.) Another player killing you does not cause your head to explode or your eyes to melt irl... nor does it cause your character to fragment into scattered pixels and blow away with the wind... you lose... *drum roll* Absolutely nothing material whatsoever when you die to another player. The only thing it *does* cost is 1.) Approximately 2-3min time to rez and return to the place you were ( In the Gree Event Area ) and 2.) Possibly some pride. That is it. That is the extent of the 'OH MY GOD, I got killed in pvpv just doing my event thang in the event area, now my world is crumbling, I can't take it, the stress and strain of that pvp death has caused me to need a prescription for Xanax and Valium and I'm looking into the cost of therapy sessions!!!!!!!???? WHY!!! Why must I suffer such unspeakable acts of barbarism and cruelty at the hands of fellow players!!!!" (Sadly not that far from an actual accurate portrayal)

If your avoiding the pvp area, and the pvp missions, and someone goes out of there way to flag you so they can kill you, here is a couple protips for you. Throwing a tantrum, QQing, and whining into general chat about how they just killed you for no reason and blah blah, etc etc ( see above..) is literally only going to *encourage* the actual gankers to continue to go out of the way to try and get you flagged, so they can kill you again... and then laugh as you QQ more. Now, I don't condone this behavior, nor do I partake in it myself, but plenty do. Simple solution - Dont give a crap. Thats right, and amusingly, its really not that difficult....

Someone goes out of there way to get you flagged while your doing your pve thang in the pve zone, and then kills you.... and you... *drum roll* Res, deflag, and go back to what you were doing. Without giving a flip about it. Without you providing the QQ fuel for there amusement tank, they will very likely not bother with you again and continue on looking for someone they can get to throw a fit.

And finally.... IF, someone is actually harassing you, by following you around everywhere and attempting to cause you to flag so that they can kill you, over and over. Change instances, if that doesn't work. Report them for it, and then either switch to another char for a while, or just hang out at the base doing some crew missions, sorting your stuff, looking over your legacy and achievements, etc etc until you kill them with boredom and they move on. That is an extreme situation though, and one I have *never* personally seen happen in this game yet.

2.) To truly put the final freaking nail into the coffin of this whole "I'm totallly forced to do pvp even though I'm on a pve server, and QQ I dun wanna, but they ma***keeee meeeee because of the Rep items for the event, QQ QQ, woe is me, its so unfair, cruel and unusual treatment to my tender lil heartmeats!!" :eek: .......

This is absolutely the most pathetic bs attempt to whine about something because you want it but don't want to do what is required to get it. -Period-

And the truly funny thing is. You do NOT need it. At all. And I shall prove it.

This current Gree event was the first one I have actually been able to participate in, all the previous times it went active since I have been playing, *something* managed to come up IRL and cause me to miss it. And when I mean miss it, I mean, I wasn't even able to be online from start to finish of it. The start of this current one was the first time I set foot into that part of Ilum. I had 0, Zero, Zip, Zilch, in Gree Reputation.

I dove into it, but avoided the pvp missions because thats just not really my thing, due in part to the poor lappy I play on, but also because while I do like the choice to pvp when I feel like going at it, I am definitely more focused on pve aspects of the game.

So, having started the rep from 0 during the current active event, and without doing the pvp missions at all... I now have enough Rep tokens stored to go *beyond* Legend if that was actually possible. And that is with only 2 Alts, one of which I didn't get to 55 until second week of the event. And there was at least two days mixed along that I didn't do the dailies on one of the chars, just because I got sidetracked irl.

So... seriously people. Get a grip. Get over dying at the hands of another player, its no different than having a bad pull and dying to a bunch of mobs, except you don't have a repair bill from a pvp death...

Learn what being "forced" to do something really means....

And for siths sake.... *stop* making threads whining about how they should change the setup of pve servers, the event, or whatever, to suit your personal dramatic issues with pvp, when in reality - there is no real need for it at all.

I really, honestly and truly, hope this message has helped you to better understand the reality you share with the other people who play this game. Have fun, lighten up, and may the schwartz be with you.;)

Want to know what I do when I get to the gree area on Ilum and click on the mission terminal?

Step 1) Gather all PvE missions

Step 2) Start advertising for a group to do the heroic with

Step 3) Do missions until I get a group together

Step 4) do the rest of the PvE missions

Step 5) Turn in missions and go the fook back to fleet.

No PvP required. Have a nice day.

I agree with you and all of this can be prevented. for sometime I have stated if rift can have a mechanic that doesn't force flag you and you can turn it on/off then this game can have it too. when it is turned off you can not attack yellow pc targets nor heal your own faction green ones. there is no means of force flagging.

perhaps one day this will be addressed and resolved. until then report those that purposely run into your mobs trying to flag you for griefing.

absolutely not, there is no reason whatsoever to have PvP at all on a PvE server... i can understand manually flagging for people that wanna duel and stuff, but under no circumstances should we be auto-flagged for being anywhere on a PvE server...

a better idea would be for us to have a check-box in the options menu for "Never Flag for PvP", that way we're not denied a part of the game just because someone decides it's funny to grief other players... that way we can go in, do our thing, not be denied access to a part of the game, and not get griefed by PvP Elitists... i know that will burn the butts of the PvPers that want to force us into "PvP or get out", but we should not have just two negative options given to us, we need a positive option on the servers designated as Co-Op... otherwise remove PvE from the server descriptions cause that's just misleading...

Sure, as long as it denies you access to the pvp areas in this game, both of them. Which means no doing the pvp labeled quests during the gree event and no access to the vendor in outlaw's den for the HK part while toggled on. I'd also go so far as to put a long lockout timer on it, 12 hours at the minimum to prevent abuse, and I'm more of a pver than pvper.

I swear by all that is mystical in the force.... I'm going to projectile vomit blood the next time I see someone whining about this...

-Again- For the extremely cheap seats, and with added specifics this time round...

1.) Another player killing you does not cause your head to explode or your eyes to melt irl... nor does it cause your character to fragment into scattered pixels and blow away with the wind... you lose... *drum roll* Absolutely nothing material whatsoever when you die to another player. The only thing it *does* cost is 1.) Approximately 2-3min time to rez and return to the place you were ( In the Gree Event Area ) and 2.) Possibly some pride. That is it. That is the extent of the 'OH MY GOD, I got killed in pvpv just doing my event thang in the event area, now my world is crumbling, I can't take it, the stress and strain of that pvp death has caused me to need a prescription for Xanax and Valium and I'm looking into the cost of therapy sessions!!!!!!!???? WHY!!! Why must I suffer such unspeakable acts of barbarism and cruelty at the hands of fellow players!!!!" (Sadly not that far from an actual accurate portrayal)

If your avoiding the pvp area, and the pvp missions, and someone goes out of there way to flag you so they can kill you, here is a couple protips for you. Throwing a tantrum, QQing, and whining into general chat about how they just killed you for no reason and blah blah, etc etc ( see above..) is literally only going to *encourage* the actual gankers to continue to go out of the way to try and get you flagged, so they can kill you again... and then laugh as you QQ more. Now, I don't condone this behavior, nor do I partake in it myself, but plenty do. Simple solution - Dont give a crap. Thats right, and amusingly, its really not that difficult....

Someone goes out of there way to get you flagged while your doing your pve thang in the pve zone, and then kills you.... and you... *drum roll* Res, deflag, and go back to what you were doing. Without giving a flip about it. Without you providing the QQ fuel for there amusement tank, they will very likely not bother with you again and continue on looking for someone they can get to throw a fit.

And finally.... IF, someone is actually harassing you, by following you around everywhere and attempting to cause you to flag so that they can kill you, over and over. Change instances, if that doesn't work. Report them for it, and then either switch to another char for a while, or just hang out at the base doing some crew missions, sorting your stuff, looking over your legacy and achievements, etc etc until you kill them with boredom and they move on. That is an extreme situation though, and one I have *never* personally seen happen in this game yet.

2.) To truly put the final freaking nail into the coffin of this whole "I'm totallly forced to do pvp even though I'm on a pve server, and QQ I dun wanna, but they ma***keeee meeeee because of the Rep items for the event, QQ QQ, woe is me, its so unfair, cruel and unusual treatment to my tender lil heartmeats!!" :eek: .......

This is absolutely the most pathetic bs attempt to whine about something because you want it but don't want to do what is required to get it. -Period-

And the truly funny thing is. You do NOT need it. At all. And I shall prove it.

This current Gree event was the first one I have actually been able to participate in, all the previous times it went active since I have been playing, *something* managed to come up IRL and cause me to miss it. And when I mean miss it, I mean, I wasn't even able to be online from start to finish of it. The start of this current one was the first time I set foot into that part of Ilum. I had 0, Zero, Zip, Zilch, in Gree Reputation.

I dove into it, but avoided the pvp missions because thats just not really my thing, due in part to the poor lappy I play on, but also because while I do like the choice to pvp when I feel like going at it, I am definitely more focused on pve aspects of the game.

So, having started the rep from 0 during the current active event, and without doing the pvp missions at all... I now have enough Rep tokens stored to go *beyond* Legend if that was actually possible. And that is with only 2 Alts, one of which I didn't get to 55 until second week of the event. And there was at least two days mixed along that I didn't do the dailies on one of the chars, just because I got sidetracked irl.

So... seriously people. Get a grip. Get over dying at the hands of another player, its no different than having a bad pull and dying to a bunch of mobs, except you don't have a repair bill from a pvp death...

Learn what being "forced" to do something really means....

And for siths sake.... *stop* making threads whining about how they should change the setup of pve servers, the event, or whatever, to suit your personal dramatic issues with pvp, when in reality - there is no real need for it at all.

I really, honestly and truly, hope this message has helped you to better understand the reality you share with the other people who play this game. Have fun, lighten up, and may the schwartz be with you.;)

The Schwartz: It is strong with ^^this^^ one.

Aside from a bit of format-editing (line-breaks are nothing to fear, after all), that post should be sticki'ed, IMO.

Sure, as long as it denies you access to the pvp areas in this game, both of them. Which means no doing the pvp labeled quests during the gree event and no access to the vendor in outlaw's den for the HK part while toggled on. I'd also go so far as to put a long lockout timer on it, 12 hours at the minimum to prevent abuse, and I'm more of a pver than pvper.

^^Thisthisthsithisthis.^^

see that's the mindset of "PvP or Get Out" i'm talking about...

the whole point of disabling the flags on a PvE server is so we can do the quest missions without harassment... some of us chose the PvE server under the impression that we would not have PvP involved in any way, that we can do quests and Special Events without harassment, and i know the pompous arrogant reply of "well stay out then"... and that's not the point or solution, i proposed a solution that is fair to everyone...

would it really twist y'alls knickers so bad to see someone in a contested zone you can't target and attack?.. have we as a species devolved so far that our primary means of entertainment is harassing others and trying to strong-arm them into things they don't wanna do, or prevent them from enjoying themselves in a manner that disturbs no one, for our own amusement?..

i guess some people have it in their heads that if they can just get us that object to it to PvP, then we'd all like it then we'd all wanna join in on their fun, but i for one don't like PvP, and you can blame the PvP community for it, the griefers that like to harass others for their own twisted amusement, then have the gall to say "deal with it or get the frack out" (on a PvE server no less)... i guess there's no reasoning for those that don't want a fair system in place...

i know i may seem to be rambling as i try to make sense of this mentality, but i truly don't understand this viewpoint of "PvP or get the frack out" on a PvE server, i don't understand the hate geared towards those that don't want player conflict on a server designated as Co-Op... this whole thing is a Wookie living on Endor, it doesn't make any sense...

i rolled on a PvE server for one reason, a simple reason... PvE=Co-Op, PvP= Competitive, i wanted to play with others in peace, not against them... there's an appropriate server for PvP griefing behavior, and it's not the PvE servers...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

see that's the mindset of "PvP or Get Out" ...

Would you mind changing your font color. It could be just me but that color is very hard to read.

I never played on a PVE server. With that in mind my question to people who have : How did Ilum work on release? Meaning was it an open PVP world?

I have not played WoW in forever but this reminds me of the ARENA area in WOW. If you played on a PVE server you didn ot have to fear being ganked. If you stepped in the arena area then all bets are off. Ilum was designed to be an open world PVP area. When the first design of Ilum fell flat they decided to make the Gree quest as something to do in ilum instead. This does not take away the intention of Ilum being an open PVP world.

This I agree with the statement of "If you don't want to PVP don't go". The point of the world event is to encourage open world PVP as well as provide dailies and weeklys for rewards and gear.

see that's the mindset of "PvP or Get Out" i'm talking about...

the whole point of disabling the flags on a PvE server is so we can do the quest missions without harassment... some of us chose the PvE server under the impression that we would not have PvP involved in any way, that we can do quests and Special Events without harassment, and i know the pompous arrogant reply of "well stay out then"... and that's not the point or solution, i proposed a solution that is fair to everyone...

would it really twist y'alls knickers so bad to see someone in a contested zone you can't target and attack?.. have we as a species devolved so far that our primary means of entertainment is harassing others and trying to strong-arm them into things they don't wanna do, or prevent them from enjoying themselves in a manner that disturbs no one, for our own amusement?..

i guess some people have it in their heads that if they can just get us that object to it to PvP, then we'd all like it then we'd all wanna join in on their fun, but i for one don't like PvP, and you can blame the PvP community for it, the griefers that like to harass others for their own twisted amusement, then have the gall to say "deal with it or get the frack out" (on a PvE server no less)... i guess there's no reasoning for those that don't want a fair system in place...

i know i may seem to be rambling as i try to make sense of this mentality, but i truly don't understand this viewpoint of "PvP or get the frack out" on a PvE server, i don't understand the hate geared towards those that don't want player conflict on a server designated as Co-Op... this whole thing is a Wookie living on Endor, it doesn't make any sense...

i rolled on a PvE server for one reason, a simple reason... PvE=Co-Op, PvP= Competitive, i wanted to play with others in peace, not against them... there's an appropriate server for PvP griefing behavior, and it's not the PvE servers...

It's not the mindset of "Pvp or get out", it's being against people wanting the rewards without having to deal with the risk involved. Why do you feel you just HAVE to do the quests that are clearly marked [PVP] during the gree event, if you don't want to PVP? They aren't needed for anything, and if it's for the rep items, log on an alt and run the PVE dailies again.

I personally have no problem with a toggle in the settings that makes it so you can't ever be flagged, outside of contested zones. If nothing else it would prevent people from getting flagged by using an AOE on some stealth person hiding in the mob.

At first, I wasn't at all happy about the HK part being in the Outlaw's Den, or that the +41 Advanced Yellow crystal schematics were on the pvp vendor. You know what, I did what I had to do, to get what I wanted, which meant going into the contested zones to do it. It didn't hurt, didn't lose any sleep or have any other negative side affects.

Sure, PvE servers mean PvP is optional except as in this case 2 areas that were designated by the devs as contested pvp zones. While you may think being told, "If you don't like pvp, stay out of the pvp areas" is being elitist it's really not. It's just common sense.