Scoundrel Healing 101

bshenkd

Thirdly, You rarely or never use KC. Sure it is rather costly, but not compared to the HPS it gives if used right. Also it is a great way of making sure people are kept up even with AoE being used. And if the resource is managed rightly, 30 energy every now and then will not be a problem. Especially in fights where you get to use EMP alot.

With "Homegrown Pharmacology" and 2-piece armor set bonus it's down to 22 power which followed by a diagnostic scan normally allows you to keep floating above 60%.

The time I use the scan most is when I've just topped up people's heals and I have a bit of breathing space between big heals. Then I use it to keep them topped up while I regen some energy.

Usually I put a couple of stacks of slow release med pack on the tank right before they start combat. With the right talents that gives me UH and it can be done while I'm running after the tank unlike UM (a lot of tanks in hard modes stay on the move and don't wait for you to keep up). Plus the heal over time gives you a nice buffer to start the fight with/

I actually did a smuggler healing guide on our guild site that a few people have told me I should share. I hope it can add to some of the good tips already given in this thread. I originally did it when I was about level 30-40 and updated it a bit later. I've already seen some areas I can improve it based on things I've seen in this thread.

Sawbones guide (I hope the link works properly for people who aren't logged in to our site - it should do)

I have to say that after playing a shaman healer for several years and a druid healer for a bout a year in world of warcraft, smuggler healing is a lot more interesting to play. :) A lot more to it than just clicking while watching health and mana bars.

Edited by soneil

• 5 months later...

1/7/13: Made some changes, additions, fixed talent tree link, corrected typos, added in "Cover" section, etc

I will be adding many more screenshots and I hope to start video recording again. The game's been out for a year and the gameplay has changed drastically! I can't wait to see what the new year brings for SWTOR!