The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I've healed through the bonus boss before. I have actually found it quite hard to get basics, considering CZ-198 gives out 8 of them a day. I know SX and Oricon give them out, too, but I've maxed rep with them and they're quit boring.

my main was stuck at 50 for quite some time. so i had 61's and had done many HM 50 fps. so i had maxed out on basic before i hit 55. so getting basic gear wasnt hard. but i did wait on my alt to get on HM fp before i felt i am geared enough. but they are actually available almost everywhere. HM 50 fp(GF daily) czerka 2 fp normal (GF daily) and many daily area. BH,Sec x, CZ, makeb, oricon. its easy to get enough for a gear set in 1 week or less if you do these imo. though you will probably need 4-5 hours just for these daily. so wont have enough time to play other alts. But these give you Basic,Elite. which makes it good. and rep for some daily area. worth enough to do daily i believe. Atleast i wont miss out.

E: you can use pvp unranked gear until you get basic gear. and saber(or weapon) as well. i mean its lot easier to get than basic. or you can put it on your comp once you get basic for yourself. which makes life easier.

Edited by Deadlynits

I've healed through the bonus boss before. I have actually found it quite hard to get basics, considering CZ-198 gives out 8 of them a day. I know SX and Oricon give them out, too, but I've maxed rep with them and they're quit boring.

"CZ-198 gives out 8 of them a day"? A day? They give that every run in story mode. You know, the mode that groups the first 4 people and ports you in? You can basically run the 2 CZ-198 FPs in story mode back to back for an hour or two and get loads and loads of Basic Commendations.

They did this?

^^That.^^

Apropos:

Lately, in level-cap PuG runs, I've been seeing people --all roles, but especially tanks-- brag about how high or drunk they are, often.

Yeah, thanks for sharing, no-one cares, now can you please use your *********** taunt for the first time in this run so those trash-packs of dog-beast things in MandoRaiders don't swarm and murder our healer in four seconds? Again.

I'd give derps-ing on my Snipingers a try if I were drunk/baked/both (insofar that I can play that class in my sleep now, if I may say so myself), or maybe my damager-Mercs. Tanking, not so much, healing, definitely not.

Edited by midianlord

"CZ-198 gives out 8 of them a day"? A day? They give that every run in story mode. You know, the mode that groups the first 4 people and ports you in? You can basically run the 2 CZ-198 FPs in story mode back to back for an hour or two and get loads and loads of Basic Commendations.

4 dailes, 2 comms each. That's 8 comms per day.

The CZ dailies are the only ones I can stand grinding, but Makeb is a very nice looking planet, so I may head there once or twice next week.

Earlier this evening, I ran Boarding Party SM. The healer asked the Tank for guard, to which the Tank replied "I do not guard Healers, there is no need", now mid pull, the healer just lets the Tank die saying "I do not heal Tanks" and then quit the group. This is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen in a Flashpoint.

Earlier this evening, I ran Boarding Party SM. The healer asked the Tank for guard, to which the Tank replied "I do not guard Healers, there is no need", now mid pull, the healer just lets the Tank die saying "I do not heal Tanks" and then quit the group. This is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen in a Flashpoint.

Depends on the situation. If the healer was pulling aggro or way out-geared the rest of the group then it's a necessity, but if the healer was griefing just because he/she wanted to be guarded, it's silly.

I did a Foundry SM yesterday on my DPS Sorcerer. I was hoping for a fun, lightning filled match, as the group was 2 Assassins, and two Sorcerers. We get into the first fight. All is going well, for about 10 seconds. At that point, I noticed that the tank was almost dead, and since the healer was in the middle of a force storm cast, I threw a couple heals at the tank, those heals looked a little too effective. Then a couple at the healer, who pulled too much aggro with his AOE. After the fight, I check and see that of the four of us, the tank has the least total HP and is using a Focus. I also double check to make sure that I am set as DPS, and he is healer, just to be sure.

Then comes the second fight. Same thing. Third fight. Same thing, only this time I notice that the healer is also using chain lightning. I ask the group to stop, and remind the healer that he is the healer (I assumed he qued for both and intended to use respec (I did that), but thought he was DPS this time). He swears at me, says he knows, and that he had been watching everyone's health, and no-one had needed healing yet.

The tank apparently decides that was settled, as he runs in to the next fight. This time I decide not to off-heal at all, and see what happens. The tank goes down, and a couple seconds later, the "healer" does as well. The other DPS and I finish up the fight. After I revive them, the healer goes on a long, swear-filled rant about how I didn't heal him, and a few seconds later, I am kicked out of the group.:confused:

Loaded into a run of Mally Prison on my Vanguard with a Scoundrel healer, Sage DPS, and Sent. Anyone else have that nasty feeling about a character without even starting? I had that about the Sent, but hey his gear was up to date and he was four levels above me so threw the guard on him and away we went.

After Sent leaped in first for about the third time I ask him to stop. The healer asks him after the next one. Cue some blissful pulls until the Sent starts at it again, including pulling a whole other group of silvers and golds. Thankfully the healer really knew his moves and we made it through. Now I don't like to kick, preferring to teach, so the Sent lost my guard. I was expecting him to pull off me but... nope. Well, alright, clearly all gear and no skill.

Healer and I are managing the idiot!Sent, who has not replied to any of our calls so we're figuring English ain't his thing, but eventually we get to the bonus boss where he pulls first, again. Healer kicks him and then, THEN, we get a response of something like "Okay I'll stop it now". Wait, what?

I give a "sorry, but you've had enough chances" and agree to the kick. His response is not something I'm allowed to post here.

Get a new Sent after a little wait, and he was the perfect DPS. I don't know if Sents get their panties in a twist over their force build-up being wasted or what but really, when the Tank and Healer are telling you something, best listen to them.

It was already a while ago, but I ran Athis SM on my commando healer. I was with a gunslinger a guardian tank and a third dps I forgot.

As I was healing through the first pack of mobs I realised that the Tank was realy squishy... so I start to do preventive healing so he doesn't die on me, was realy glad thatI have an AoE heal that I could use on myself and the gunslinger.

Then at one point the other DPS checks the tanks gear and I do so too when the DPS promts us... the tank is wearing orange gear with no modifications, just the emty shell.... whut? :confused:

But noether of the DPS votes to kick him, and I have no idea how, never having had to kick anyone before. So we continue to the fist boss, the professor if I recall corectly and we manage through it. It helps that I have healed through this flaspoint before and that the DPSses realy know what they are doing.

Predictably we die on the beast, and as we respawn one of the DPSses votes to kick him. Our replacement is realy good at his job and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint. Probably helped that one of us had the Arceology skill and opened the door, skipping all those gold mobs :)

Still, it was great fun :D

This wasn't a group finder group but thought it was funny (irritating) nonetheless.

Joined a 16m SM Dread Fortress and everything was going fine. We got to the UW drops and I started inspecting the people that were needing on the gear. UW boots and gloves dropped from the first boss. One of the players I saw need on both pieces was in full 72/78 gear except for green level 35ish boots and gloves. Hmm. He lost both rolls so I made a note to look at his gear on the final boss. An UW implant dropped and bracers. I inspected him again and, surprise, his boots and gloves were 78s and now one of his implants and bracers were level 35ish greens.

This is a blast from the past, but...

Long ago, Pugnacity wasn't an offensive cooldown for the Scoundrel. It was a buff that consumed 1 Upper Hand to boost energy regen for a while and was vital to keep up constantly. Healers had the advantage of generating UH from out-of-combat healing, but DPS were stuck wasting UH at the start of the fight.

I was on my Commando running HM Kaon Under Siege. (Remember, this was when the level cap was 50.) We kept wiping on the turret defense section, and it seemed that the healer was having trouble keeping the tank alive. I noticed the healer was constantly almost out of energy and stuck using Diagnostic Scan (free heal). So I asked him:

"Dude, you're running out of energy a lot. Are you keeping Pugnacity up?"

To which he responded:

"What's Pugnacity?"

That's right, the healer had gotten to 50 without ever being aware of a huge core mechanic of his class. *internal Darth Baras scream*

To the guy's credit, he started using it once I explained it to him, and we were actually able to finish the run.

Depends on the situation. If the healer was pulling aggro or way out-geared the rest of the group then it's a necessity, but if the healer was griefing just because he/she wanted to be guarded, it's silly.

Tank was level 37, healer was level 31. We hadnt even pulled yet as tank was in middle of respecin'. So ya, just a silly healer who probably doesnt understand guard

Had a funny run last night on my sith assassin that I have been leveling. SM Athiss it was me dps, jugg tank, op heals, and another jugg dps. We all zone in everybody says hi we get underway and everything is going ok. The only thing I notice is tank is a bit hesitant at pulls and the other dps is a bit impaitent jumping in before tank and starting things.

However its ok we are all keeping up. Then we come to the boss you pull to the cave (first boss) . Tank goes to the cave and stands in there for a while I thought he was typing the tactics or something but apparently not he just stands there like hes waiting for someone else to start the fight. Then after about a couple mins apparently remember s hes the tank and heads off toward the boss.

We stand around at the cave waiting the tank come slowly around the corner dragging the dog with him and then instead of heading into the cave just stops outside and proceeds to go at it. I and the other dps take down the adds then turn on the boss where I am promptly knocked off the edge. I start to run back up and imagine my suprise when I realize the boss is not being taunted at all as he is fllowing me. I come up the hill and the boss is there coming after me.

I was like what the hell is going on why is he all the way over here is the tank not taunting him?! Tank tried to drag the boss back to the cave and gets halfway there before hes knocked off to and agros other guys at bottom he runs back up with adds in tow and I start to realize he doesnt know the fight and cant keep agro. I decide to do a quick inspect of the tank no wonder he cant keep agro dude has level 19 blue gear i dont think he had a belt piece however what pieces he did have had defense but hes got no sheild as a matter of fact no offhand at all and a level 19 blue WILLPOWER earpiece. It was here that I decided to take over tanking as our tank obviouly does not know the fight and is clearly not a real tank.

I throw out a taunt and start to drag the dog back to the cave everbody sees whats happening and switches rolls appropriately. The healer starts concentrating heals on me, the other jugg dps starts taking down adds, and the tank falls into my roll of second dps. With the tank and I in our new rolls we do the fight properly and take down the dog. After the fight I whisper the healer and let her know that our tank is not a tank she whispers back " but you are!" I laughed sooo hard at that as I only play dps and heals toons and have never ever tanked before!

We finished the fp with me tanking, amazingly the original tank did not object to this not once. He seemed to be more comfortable in a dps roll. Everybody did well in the end and the tank wasn't a bad guy except he needed on everything until the healer called him out to his credit he did stop after that. In all the fp wasn't bad and the healer was very good especially with that first boss fight she kept me up even when I was at like 10% health got me and everybody else back up to mostly full. I meant to whisper our tank after and tell him maybe he should just be dps since he seems to do that roll very well but I forgot and missed my chance to dole out some wisdom to our confused tank. :p

This wasn't a group finder group but thought it was funny (irritating) nonetheless.

Joined a 16m SM Dread Fortress and everything was going fine. We got to the UW drops and I started inspecting the people that were needing on the gear. UW boots and gloves dropped from the first boss. One of the players I saw need on both pieces was in full 72/78 gear except for green level 35ish boots and gloves. Hmm. He lost both rolls so I made a note to look at his gear on the final boss. An UW implant dropped and bracers. I inspected him again and, surprise, his boots and gloves were 78s and now one of his implants and bracers were level 35ish greens.

Best post since Butter-Snacker!

Did you check before the boss was downed? Just curious if the player was actually gimping the team by intentionally using 35G gear during the fight, or if he at least had the decency to wait to swap gear (and attempt to ninja the loot) until afterwards.

My most unpleasant encounter.

I can't remember exactly when this happened. I was doing Lost Island with my Scoundrel Healer. Got into a group with three guildies and I thought "Great, this will be nice" Everything went great until first boss. We killed it and then the leader of the group says "Im gonna need on only smugglergear, just to be an *** :D" I thought he was only joking but he actually needed on every single item during the FP and I didn't want to cause trouble, still they were very rude and if i didn't heal good enough or tried to get the aggro of me because they didn't care for my toon at all they said "Stop healing yourself, your job is to heal us retard" This isn't the bad part, I couldn't care less actually, but when the FP was done and I told them that they were really bad players and that I hoped that they eventually would pay the price they went crazy. They whispered me constantly and told me they for example they wanted my mother dead and when I ignored them they made new characters just to whisper me. I was to lazy to contact Bioware about this so I stopped playing that character for about three days and then it was great again.

This may have been the most weird and tragic thing that I encountered.

Edited by KorvkioscarN

Downright devious... Had to make you wonder how many ppl he tricked with this...

Was in a FP checked the Juggs gear he was running around with Cunning mods, I asked him if he knew he was running around in cunning mods. Next thing he stood still for like 2/3 min and all of a sudden in group chat :

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU these mods where supose to go into my companions gear... i f'ed up my gear so bad....

I felt sorry for him :>

Phallus of the year goes to...

Had a 6 hour op from 3 a.m. in the morning to 9 a.m. for Scum and Villainy STORY MODE.

16 men Op turned into 8 men since players who had no clue what they were doing were pressured to leave.

Op leader had to take his time to explain to the whole operation how the fights worked because some of the players that stayed had never done the op before. The only problem was the leader took a 10 minute break in between boss fights to Google up how to do it. Then he takes another 3 minutes to actually type out the explanation. He was an extremely slow typer...

Anyway longest op I've done, and I didn't even get one single loot. #worthit.