Republic side is horribly boring...

Blood_Burger

I'll be honest, I've played further into the stories of Rep Jedi than I have Imps. And even though I'm deeper into the Rep stories, I feel the Imp stories are better, more personal, heavier. The only problem is with the Sith classes I get bored constantly hunting in old tombs for buried stuff.

This is a matter of opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Trooper and Jedi put me to sleep. Played them to 30 and 38 respectively. By the time I hit Taris I started to feel the decline, Nar Shaddaa was tough, and then by the time I hit Tattooine I was done. I pushed ahead to Alderaan on my Jedi but couldn't finish.

The only character I've remotely had fun with thus far is Sith Warrior. (22)

I'd like to try Smuggler as a last resort, but I don't know if its worth investing the time again.

I had really high hopes for this game. Not unsubscribing just yet, but I'm almost there.

Flame on if you must, but I'm sure there are others that feel this way.

I vote they add the Lannik!!

I find it dull but it may be because I dislike Coruscant so much; it's trashy hallway after trashy hallway and a huge senate area which is all extremely time consuming and unpleasant to traverse on foot. I've made dozens of republic alts, trying to find the one that makes me happy, but if I even get off the starter planet I usually fade out by the time I reach Ria.

Last night I managed to get my sage to Taris and I'm so excited to get started on it. TREES!!! My husband hates Taris for some reason but I think it's incredible looking, both on the Republic side and the Empire side. It's like a .. post, post apocalyptic world :) So I'm definitely reinvigorated.

But yeargg, Coruscant, the inevitable, inescapable, life sucking pit that is Coruscant ruins Republic for me :(

Edited by grania

I find it dull but it may be because I dislike Coruscant so much; it's trashy hallway after trashy hallway and a huge senate area which is all extremely time consuming and unpleasant to traverse on foot. I've made dozens of republic alts, trying to find the one that makes me happy, but if I even get off the starter planet I usually fade out by the time I reach Ria.

Last night I managed to get my sage to Taris and I'm so excited to get started on it. TREES!!! My husband hates Taris for some reason but I think it's incredible looking, both on the Republic side and the Empire side. It's like a .. post, post apocalyptic world :) So I'm definitely reinvigorated.

But yeargg, Coruscant, the inevitable, inescapable, life sucking pit that is Coruscant ruins Republic for me :(

That's so funny because I could say the exact same thing about Dromund Kaas. It's dark, it's rainy, it's muddy, it's gloomy, I hated it...

On the other side I loved Coruscant with its ever-dusking, ever-bristling city life, the idea of the low-lives living in the basement of the planet and the rich people in the large towers.

Val

That's so funny because I could say the exact same thing about Dromund Kaas. It's dark, it's rainy, it's muddy, it's gloomy, I hated it...

On the other side I loved Coruscant with its ever-dusking, ever-bristling city life, the idea of the low-lives living in the basement of the planet and the rich people in the large towers.

Val

Lol naturally I love Dromund Kaas, I look forward to going there on every alt I make. I think it's beautiful. I guess it just suits my tastes more than a grungy city. I suppose what might be the problem is the lack of diversity in both the zones, one is all alleyways and the other is all ruins.

Still, I'll take my mud and lightning and ruins over piles of trash and derelict speeders and crates any day. :)

Edited by grania

• 2 weeks later...
Lol naturally I love Dromund Kaas, I look forward to going there on every alt I make. I think it's beautiful. I guess it just suits my tastes more than a grungy city. I suppose what might be the problem is the lack of diversity in both the zones, one is all alleyways and the other is all ruins.

Still, I'll take my mud and lightning and ruins over piles of trash and derelict speeders and crates any day. :)

Agreed :), just wish that Kaas city where a bit bigger? I mean, a larger portion of the city with which you can interact or travel between, now you just see the massive sky-scrapers in the distance.

Regarding the topic..I only play as Imperial, made a few attempts at making a Trooper, just to see how that would be like, but sorta ended up deleting it after two quest's or so heh, honestly being a part of the Republic doesnt "float my boat".

:ph_good_post::sy_empire:

Edited by gaskull

Agreed :), just wish that Kaas city where a bit bigger? I mean, a larger portion of the city with which you can interact or travel between, now you just see the massive sky-scrapers in the distance.

Regarding the topic..I only play as Imperial, made a few attempts at making a Trooper, just to see how that would be like, but sorta ended up deleting it after two quest's or so heh, honestly being a part of the Republic doesnt "float my boat".

:ph_good_post::sy_empire:

Nice... Me too (okay without the deleting part)... I play a Imperial Agent and like many said before: The Storyline is less independent than a Bunty Hunter or a Smuggler, but you are close to them (closer than the Trooper), see for example the Storyline in Balmorra. I like the idea; there is a terror cell out their which is actually working for the Empire and doesnt know it :)

What? The Smuggler story and character are rogueish, engaging and funny, like when you get your callsign "I wanna be called CRACKERJACK. No,no, that sounded better in my mind, make it ACE"... priceless. I heartily laughed at least three dozen times already and I'm only in my 40s...

The IA storyline is just a cardboard copy of every Mission Impossible, Bourne and James Bond plot element ever imagined. Sabotage this, infiltrate that, forge some numbers, get screwed by your betters, work for the friggin Sith, do this, do that. I found IA extremely unengaging.

Val

Your main attribut is Cunning, and you have to play him that way. I know may are screaming in the IA forum section, that he isnt a Trooper 2.0... and you can play him that way. The Imperial Agent isnt a loyal servant or a Space Marine (and true you havent the option to play him that way; but that isnt the goal). But like many already said it comes down to taste. When you like to be in truly independent: The Bunty Hunter and Smuggler is the way to go. After that comes for me the Imperial Agnet, like Kaliyo said: "You are not like the others" :)

I was actually more disappointed on the Trooper. Maybe disappointed is the wrong word, but he is to one dimensional for me; but for people which like to play space marines and clone soldiers is he awesome. So the draw back is: he isnt so independent as other classes.

I have hered form many people that the sith Warrior would be nice, most likely it will be my next.

The only story I've actually finished is SW, which I thought was great. I just finished Act 1 with my JK, however, and I'm enjoying it more than the SW. One important caveat, though- my SW was female, since my MMO characters are almost always female. But as I straight guy, that basically meant that I completely missed out on the romance side of things. My JK is male, though, and having the whole Kira thing happening alongside your story definitely adds more drama for me.

That said, even if my SW were a dude, it doesn't seem like Vette or Jaesa are as tightly bound to your story as Kira is to that of the JK.

As for the other characters, I have an IA, BH, and smuggler all in their 20's, and I like them all. Right now, IA feels like the weakest, but that's probably because I'm predisposed to disliking it since all the IA's in my guild have been complaining about how weak their story is compared to the SW.

All of this only means future content will probabily bring more appealing republic updates, for me its a win win scenario, i enjoy republic as it is now, and will probabily benefict from some cool stuff later on, empire side is too fake to be honest everyone wants to hurt innocent people or slaves or whatever, the characters all feel like they are the same.

Yeah, I saw this coming when I started getting super psyked for the game back in early August. I was listening to the Time Line videos (which may I add, they haven't updated since August!) & reading all the Star Wars lore (of this time period) that I could find, and I found the codes of the Sith & Jedi... after that I was like "damn, its gunna be soooooooo boring to be a Jedi compared to the Sith".

I mean come on, I dont think anyone who is going to be playing a game that involves mass genocide on a daily basis would like to play a Jedi of "patience & virtue & peace".

I was like, IDK about the Trooper, if they do it wrong, and dont capture that "dutiful when in the public eye, but totally chill/ screws around with other troopers when not" kind of emotion properly that a lot of other movies & games, it would suck... I dont think they did it perfectly, but they did just... meh

Then smuggler... I never played it, but I her its also meh... what does that leave the Republic? Nothing.

The fact of the matter is that in the movies when their was one single main protagonist, with no social restrictions (like the ones in all MMO's), where the character can become one of the most memorable of all time... that is was made the Jedi by FAR the favorite in the movies. Like Yoda, I mean if you just saw him in this game before you ever saw the movies; what would you think??? "Oh kewl, a lil green terd is leading the Jedi LOLZ". but in the movies Yoda was developed deeply and he became one of the most memorable characters of all time!

Also the Empire is more brutal, and they just flow better with the mechanics of the game, and the elements that the combat revolves around.

For example the bounty hunter is paid to kill, therefor he/she would have no problem at all killing every last living thing in a refugee camp (unless you made you BH a softy like my merc :D)

Sith would LOVE to do the above on a daily basis for fun!!!

Agent would do it if they had to, but they would rather be seeking into a republic city to snipe/ slit the jugulars of some Rep. nobility.

So in conclusion, Sith fit better in a mass killing atmosphere making it hard to build a good Jedi story in a MMO

SUMMARIZED A LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG POST IN ONE SENTENCE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is ultimately a matter of opinion. I really enjoyed smuggler class quests because of the interesting companions. And killing skavak was so satisfying.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the antagonists the Smuggler got. They were probably my favorite of any class I've played (so, um, can't speak on the Consular or BH).

I found Trooper interesting, but only because it is a complete rehash of Mass Effect's storyline, even using Jennifer Hale to voice the female. I find the whole Republic side bland in comparison to Empire, which is unusual because the Empire is supposed to oppress freedom and uniqueness but seem to burst with it in this game. Republic seem more like tyrants at times than the Empire does with their anti separatist policies (why does the Republic not allow succession if they are a free coalition?)

Republic seem more like tyrants at times than the Empire does with their anti separatist policies (why does the Republic not allow succession if they are a free coalition?)

Because the Separists are basically starting civil wars on radom planets in an attempt to ovethrow Republic aligned governments so that they can force the planet to succeed. The Republic then backs the governments that are aligned with them seeing them as the legitimate government for the planet. The Republic doesn't just start wars on any planet that tries to leave the alliance, and in the JC storyline you deal with the situation of several planets that are considering to leave the Republic by listenign to grievences and then trying to help them.