Dark/Light side points question

marioAurelio

Hey there, I have some doubts about the side points, let's see if anyone can help.

I've got a gunslinger and I don't want to be either an evil character or a paladin, so i've been earning both light and dark side points. The problem is that I'm worried that if I don't go all for one of the sides I'm not gonna be able to get a lot of good items reserved for full dark or full light.

Is there any rewarding items for neutral players or should I just go for one of the sides?

Thanks mates!

I'm worried about the fact that there may not be special items available only to "neutrals" as well. I don't really like the idea of being forced down one path or another if one does not want to miss out on special items.

A lack of neutral-specific rewards would suck because players whose choices would naturally lead down a neutral path would have to now decide between making "fun" choices and "not fun, but leads to better gear" choices. That's really, really bad. :(

I don't believe that there is currently true neutral gear. It has always been talked about though. so who knows what the future will bring but there isn't any right now. I believe there is gear without LS/DS requirements though.

No there is no neutral gear, because there is no neutral choice, so if they did have neutral gear there everyone would be able to get it.

That being said, none LS/DS gear is just as good as the gear you can get, and fits the look of neutral players just as well. I assume that if this concerns you, you also would not want to be a evil looking character that makes neutral choices, likewise LS gear.

Its just an additional perk you lose out on.

Edit: Before i get griefed for saying there is no neutral choice, i mean it in the sense that if i have 3 choices, 2 give good one gives dark, you SOL as apposed to one Dark, one Light and One no change.

Edited by Korass

When I meant neutral gear, it's gear that only neutral players would be able to pick. So if you were light side you wouldn't be able to wear it.

Of course for a jedi it's easy to go light but for a smugler it's fun to be half half, it's all about the cash anyway.

I guess that even if there is no neutral gear I'm gonna play my character as I think is more fun and forget about the light dark side objects.

Thanks anyway guys!

A friend of mine that played on the free weekend said he saw gear that couldn't be worn by a player with too many points on a given side (rather than requiring you to have a certain amount). If that's true, then that would be your neutral gear, as someone that goes fully to one side would no longer be able to wear it.

As I am not yet in the game, I cannot confirm this, but it came about from my asking the same questions when he was playing.

I can not encourage everyone enough to turn off the 'show alignment gain on mouseover' options and just stop worrying about it.

Play the game and let the light/dark scale end up where it ends up.

Any attempt to remain 'neutral' is not neutral, it's bipolar-stupid. It's a guy that turns down a reward and then feels compelled to kill some innocent bystander in order to 'balance' their points... From an RP perspective, the only perspective that really matters when it comes to those points, that is just ridiculous.

I heard some guild members talking about some crafted equipment being color restricted. For example something being made in blue can only go to people without dark side points. This is still very new to me but going neutral seem like you will be giving yourself the short end of the stick later on.

However you might be able to jump back and forth between light and dark easy enough to get whatever you want. Of course this will be depending on how many points items will require. Is it dark or light or will it be 500 points dark or 500 points light?:confused:

I can not encourage everyone enough to turn off the 'show alignment gain on mouseover' options and just stop worrying about it.

Play the game and let the light/dark scale end up where it ends up.

Any attempt to remain 'neutral' is not neutral, it's bipolar-stupid. It's a guy that turns down a reward and then feels compelled to kill some innocent bystander in order to 'balance' their points... From an RP perspective, the only perspective that really matters when it comes to those points, that is just ridiculous.

No way man....I'm a sith Marauder, and I wanna be as dark as Zabrakianly possible.

A friend of mine that played on the free weekend said he saw gear that couldn't be worn by a player with too many points on a given side (rather than requiring you to have a certain amount). If that's true, then that would be your neutral gear, as someone that goes fully to one side would no longer be able to wear it.

As I am not yet in the game, I cannot confirm this, but it came about from my asking the same questions when he was playing.

That's exactly what I was aking about.

It's not really an attempt of being neutral, it's just that chosing the conversation that would fit your character the most can end up having both dark and light side answers.

In any case, I agree with you in just choosing whatever you feel it's more fun and forget about the side points.

James ohlen has said he likes the idea of a Neutral "gray" faction of gear for those who don;t want to be light or dark. they plan to implement something post launch is all we know at this point in time.

That is great to hear ... until then, definitely turning off the light/dark notifiers.