Force Stasis damage

OpeningToEndgame

Yeah, man..there is no way in Hell they should be hitting that hard with all the cc/interupts they have at their disposal. I don't know which is worse...the big numbers or just the fact you can move while they hit you with the big numbers. It can't be both ways BW!

I am taking 1400 ticks of damage from this ability from Gaurdians. Then a 6300 sweep/kick/smash whatever it's called. Is this intended? Seems like a bit much.

Focus spec with high Surge and Power - possibly with Warzone Expertise buff, and voila, 1400 crit Stasis ticks on 1 min c/d. Not a huge problem, tbh.

Sweep is a different matter, however. It does need to be toned down - but without nerfing other specs (Sweep is pretty much the strongest Guardian AoE, even untalented, if we don't count 31Defense, which is cringe-worthy for a 31-pointer). Also, before nerfing Sweep, I'd rather see them buff Vigilance to be something more than a spec to hybrid Defense with for lolball and serving as someone's guard-slave.

Edited by Helig

I am taking 1400 ticks of damage from this ability from Gaurdians. Then a 6300 sweep/kick/smash whatever it's called. Is this intended? Seems like a bit much.

What's your Expertise, and yes it's intended. As some posters have said you must be new to 50 PvP.

50 PvP has 2 modes: Hard and Nightmare.

You want Easy and Story mode PvP: stay in 10-49.

Edited by Ramtar

Focus spec with high Surge and Power - possibly with Warzone Expertise buff, and voila, 1400 crit Stasis ticks on 1 min c/d. Not a huge problem, tbh.

Sweep is a different matter, however. It does need to be toned down - but without nerfing other specs (Sweep is pretty much the strongest Guardian AoE, even untalented, if we don't count 31Defense, which is cringe-worthy for a 31-pointer). Also, before nerfing Sweep, I'd rather see them buff Vigilance to be something more than a spec to hybrid Defense with for lolball and serving as someone's guard-slave.

Sorry, but Sweep/Smash doesn't need any toning down. Max out your Expertise for the 20% PvP Damage Reduction, and L2P your class fully.

Sweep untalented is a weak attack.

Edited by Ramtar

Sorry, but Sweep/Smash doesn't need any toning down. Max out your Expertise for the 20% PvP Damage Reduction, and L2P your class fully.

Sweep untalented is a weak attack.

You realize that maxing out Expertise provides 21+% damage increase as well, right? Advise me to roll Marauder (which is, ironically, my second main) for 30% AoE damage reduction too, will you?

Also, pretty sure I know my class well enough. Probably better than you. Played all possible and impossible specs of the Guardian in both organized and casual PvP and got minmaxed gear for every single playstyle.

Sweep is our strongest baseline AoE attack. Don't believe me, spec 0/0/0 and compare the numbers.

Edited by Helig

You realize that maxing out Expertise provides 21+% damage increase as well, right? Advise me to roll Marauder (which is, ironically, my second main) for 30% AoE damage reduction too, will you?

Also, pretty sure I know my class well enough. Probably better than you. Played all possible and impossible specs of the Guardian in both organized and casual PvP and got minmaxed gear for every single playstyle.

Sweep is our strongest baseline AoE attack. Don't believe me, spec 0/0/0 and compare the numbers.

at 1390 Expertise: Bonus Damage is 25.22%.

My main is a Sentinel, and yes I will always take the 30% AoE damage reduction because of the AoE in PvP and PvE.

People that won't take the AoE damage reduction from their tree or increase it via Expertise are the ones crying about the damage they're taking.

Edited by Ramtar

What's your Expertise, and yes it's intended. As some posters have said you must be new to 50 PvP.

50 PvP has 2 modes: Hard and Nightmare.

You want Easy and Story mode PvP: stay in 10-49.

Nah; tank sins, marauders, and powertechs are running story mode pvp at 50 aswell.

Nah; tank sins, marauders, and powertechs are running story mode pvp at 50 aswell.

Its the experience of playing in a 50 wz not the playability of classes at 50.

All classes are easy to play once you get a good rotation down.

It might tick that high on one of the ticks, not all of them. Besides, if they are specd so that it's not channeled, and actually works as a hard stun, then they are not lolsmash specd, (unless they are doing some weird 16/7/18 hybrid)and should not be smashing for 6300. And if its chanelled, then it actually doing some damage is fair, since it's also a self stun.

Unless they both crit, in which case bad luck is just bad luck.

Its the experience of playing in a 50 wz not the playability of classes at 50.

All classes are easy to play once you get a good rotation down.

Has less to do with rotation (I really don't like this term as far as PvP is concerned) than with positioning, targetting and tight, efficient damage cycles, in my opinion.

My main is a Sentinel, and yes I will always take the 30% AoE damage reduction because of the AoE in PvP and PvE.

That's why I love this talent so much, and that's why I miss it when I switch back from Marauder to Guardian.

People that won't take the AoE damage reduction from their tree or increase it via Expertise are the ones crying about the damage they're taking.

Don't blame them for not having it, not everybody can have it.

On a side note, if everybody should have it in their spec as a pre-requite, then it mean there is a problem with at least one spec heavily relying on AoE.

One class wonder extraordinare?

Nope, not intended at all. Must be a bug. The only stun we can use, and we are stunned along with out target. To think they'd give us some damage, it must be broken. :rolleyes:

Nope, not intended at all. Must be a bug. The only stun we can use, and we are stunned along with out target. To think they'd give us some damage, it must be broken. :rolleyes:

Indeed!

Also, how many packs did you buy overnight to get both the mask and the throne server first?:D