New to endgame, just wondering...

I've PVP'd a lot but haven't been too far into endgame raids. I can adequately heal all hard modes, but have never done Lost Island or story mode OPs. Just wondering when you know you're ready to go into ops.

I can heal very well in every hard mode except Lost Island, which I've never done, and I have two pieces of Black Hole gear, a few pieces of Columi, two Rakata systems, and the rest is filled with battlemaster gear and one piece of War Hero gear. Is that enough to do either HM Lost Island or SM Ops?

I would actually say you're more than ready for Story Mode operations. Additionally, because there are black-hole comms available for story mode ops that even highly geared players often want, it won't be uncommon to run into very well geared tanks/healers that make your job easier. Eternity Vault is going to be a good place for you to start.

Lost Island I would say is about as difficult of HM EV / KP. It's been some time since

I've PVP'd a lot but haven't been too far into endgame raids. I can adequately heal all hard modes, but have never done Lost Island or story mode OPs. Just wondering when you know you're ready to go into ops.

I can heal very well in every hard mode except Lost Island, which I've never done, and I have two pieces of Black Hole gear, a few pieces of Columi, two Rakata systems, and the rest is filled with battlemaster gear and one piece of War Hero gear. Is that enough to do either HM Lost Island or SM Ops?

Gear wise you already overgear SM Ops by quite a margin and if you can do HM FP's well you should be able to take on all SM Ops mechanics without much difficulty. SM Ops is very forgiving and very lenient on how they are played in all encounters.

While you have enough gear to do HM Lost Island, it is a more mechanics heavy fight than all the hard modes you have seen and the SM Ops. You can certainly try it, but perhaps you can focus on SM Ops for the time being. (Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace)

You are fine to do any storymode operations. They can be done in fresh L50 gear as long as you know the mechanics of the fights. You should also be fine gear-wise for HM of Karraga's and Eternity Vault. HM Explosive conflct is probably too much for you simply b/c you don't have much operations experience (and your gear is about bare minimum for it).

I would run SM Karraga's and EV just to learn the fights and see it once without a lot of pressure. Assuming you're comfortable with them, then do the hardmodes of those for better gear (or you can farm the daily BH comms from the SM operations via group finder).

You're fine gear-wise for LI, but the entire flashpoint is much more execution-based rather than gear limited. I would hold off on it until you're more familiar with boss mechanics and PVE endgame content. If you don't know what you're doing in LI or your group isn't coordinated, you will die repeatedly regardless of gear.

Edited by Infalliable

As far as your gear goes you can do SM ops and even HM of KP and EV. Battlemaster is sort of a middle ground between columi and rakata and war hero is between rakata and black hole, so you should be fine. LI is not a hard flashpoint to heal as long as your tank and dps know what theyre doing. As for operations you should only be doing SM KP/EV for the weekly group finder reward. Your main focus should be getting black hole coms from the weekly operation missions and getting some rakata from HM KP and HM EV which are both very easy.

Gear and stuff isn't really that much problem as a healer, I have healed EC SM with recruit gear with a columi/rakata geared operative as my fellow healer (me as sorc), in the end it's about knowing mechanics of the fight. So start on SM, learn the stuff and get everything under control, then move up to HM and then EC/TFB and you should be alright, it's all about knowing the spikes, when to save your cool downs and stuff like that.

So learning the fights is your first focus, getting gear is 2nd.