Having Trouble Tanking

ozeann

Hey im a 50 guardian ive tanked all flashpoints, all 8 man normals, but i consistently lose aggro, making me taunt alot, it seems like without taunt people would be dying left and right.

Now sometimes when i cant taunt right away via stun or knockback some dps may take a shot, im worried about this is hardmodes because they might not be able to take a shot, i was wondering what peoples rotations or specs are to keep aggro, cause to me there seems to be no main aggro ability. Hilt strikes cooldown is way to long to keep it viable

DPS = Threat in TOR. So the high-damage abilities like Guardian Slash or Overhead Slash will be your go-to threat generators for single target.

Also, Blade Storm supposedly has the same threat boost as Hilt Strike even though it's not in the tooltip.

Remember to put Guard on the DPS that is doing most damage, that 25% reduced threat helps a lot! Keeping guard on healer is pointless since the never pull aggro.

I have tanked all the hardmodes and have had almost no problem with aggro. Sometimes i might lose it if the boss knockbacks a lot but that what taunt is for.

But yea guarding the highghest dps will help a alot!

Edited by Zailou

i ussualy do guard highest dps, it does help for that one guy but still some people pull

One big flaw with guard "fixing all your problem" and that people seems to forget... It has a 15 meter range so you are stuck at guarding a melee since a range will rarely stand close to a tank (why would they do that?!).

Of course, commando / seer are probably your highest dps class and are the one going to give trouble.