Hood on/off toggle for Jedi

MasterMe

Alright so at one point I was aware that Bioware was working on this for us and I've been waiting patiently for a very long time. I'm begining to wonder if they've quit or something. Seriously; how long does it take to get this mechanic working?

Also; I was told by someone in the game that Bioware had decided NOT to do the hood on/off toggle for some stupid reason. Is this so?

I fail to see any good reason for Bioware NOT to make this. What could be bad about it? I am the customer and I want a hood on/off toggle! I'm sorry if I come off as pissed (I kinda am) but I've been waiting patiently for a very long time.

Oh, you know it is so hard to implement so it's still gonna take a long while and it was moved further back on the priority list. But at least you've got companion toggle and color matching, thanks from working on the hood toggle! Oh, and don't mind it was promised to arrive in the next major patch after 1.2. It's still works but you won't see it in the short future.

Meanwhile they're going to put one Jedi robe into cartel packs (Conservator's Robe) which seems to be the only hood-down Jedi robe in the entire game to be added in the short future.

Seriously, some real eta would be welcome after a year!

I had a thought the other day (just the one, though!).

With the invisible 'covert armour' chest piece coming in cartel packs (which is 'invisible'), how hard would it be to make a covert armour piece for the headslot?

I mean, it's invisible. And if you toggle head slot to on, it would appear as if your hood is down.

Not perfect, but a possible workaround of sorts?

QS :D

Oh, you know it is so hard to implement so it's still gonna take a long while and it was moved further back on the priority list. But at least you've got companion toggle and color matching, thanks from working on the hood toggle! Oh, and don't mind it was promised to arrive in the next major patch after 1.2. It's still works but you won't see it in the short future.

Meanwhile they're going to put one Jedi robe into cartel packs (Conservator's Robe) which seems to be the only hood-down Jedi robe in the entire game to be added in the short future.

Wait; was it seriously promised to arrive after 1.2?

Yes, do you seriously want me to look up the source for the 12th time...?

Found it:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012 February... Hahahahah

And having the invisible head piece to overwrite the hood wouldn't solve it because it would turn a robe into a trenchoat :/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They also need to allow Hoods to display as "on" when masks are worn. I have several cool looking masks with my Inq that for whatever reason make the hood disappear. Heck, the masks are even smooth looking with no bulges that would clip.

Masks are wearable on PTS for 1.5. At least most of them. So you've got your issue solved.

Yes, do you seriously want me to look up the source for the 12th time...?

Found it:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012 February... Hahahahah

And having the invisible head piece to overwrite the hood wouldn't solve it because it would turn a robe into a trenchoat :/

I don't see any promise that it would be in 1.2...I see the keyword "should" which doesn't mean definite or will be.

I don't see any promise that it would be in 1.2...I see the keyword "should" which doesn't mean definite or will be.

Not in 1.2 but in the next major patch after. When something is worked on and whoever is in charge says that it should arrive at designated time then it means something. It's ridiculous how they decide to ignore the matter out of the sudden and we had to wait since February to get any sort of a response in October. I also see a keyword "will". They "will extend this functionality" but where is the functionality they were supposed to extend?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Dev Post

Hi everyone! The most recent word on hood toggle is from Matt Boudreaux in this post in early October:

"Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!"

The feature is still something we want to add, but we don't have a date at this time.

They pretty much ignored just about every quality of life perk of the game since beta. The only real big thing they added in was at 1.2 with the dungeon finder. The unify color deal was in the game during beta and they removed it right before release. They only put it back in because enough people pushed for it on the forums. It's one of the big issues of the game and why so many have quit. Once you take away voice overs from the questing, the game basically has nothing to offer.

Do you have a screen shot of the Conservator's Robe? from TS or something? Im curious to what it looks like.

What I wonder is if it's not as simple as coding in a toggle. I wonder if they hard coded themselves in a corner with robes. You'll notice that robes which hoods disappear when we show head gear are just that, hoods disappear completely and are not shown as down.

I wonder like many things they done, didn't anticipate and/or ignored what the beta testers were complaining about that they coded the robes in a way that will require them to have to completely rework every robe in the game. I wonder if we have been nothing but lied to this whole time just in the hopes that a few more people will hang on to the hope and thus hang on to subscribing a little longer before all patience is lost. Kinda like the super secret space project, same sex romance thing, open world PVP and whatever else.

Why would they come out and say something will never happen or it will take a year to fix when they know it will cost subscriptions when all they have to do is throw the occasional hint and soon™ knowing that a few will bite on that and keep subscribing.

Hi everyone! The most recent word on hood toggle is from Matt Boudreaux in this post in early October:

"Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!"

The feature is still something we want to add, but we don't have a date at this time.

We've seen it. We also saw the two posts in my sig. Considering there's an 80-something page thread in the JK forum about this that started during pre-release and the fact that alot of us are at wit's end especially after we were promised it during 1.3? If you're wanting to sell things in the cartel market to make us chase hood down then maybe the free option is better for us. We'll pay you again when you do the work we, essentially, hired you for.

And here I thought we'll get some new answer, a new hope but nope. Same thing over and over. :jawa_mad:

Just like all things in real life, you get a new answer when there is new news to report. ;)

Allison was kind enough to take time to pull up the most current information publicly available, for anyone who may not already be aware of it (or forgotten it or just wants to ignore it). So IMO, I think you should cut her a little slack.

/2-cents

I know it's not the solution everyone is looking for, but it does work. A few head pieces will cause the hood to toggle down (which also tells us the toggle is already in game, just no interface for it.) Ctr-left-click your way through what's available until you find one. I can think of one example off the top of my head: the adaptable social armor on Hoth includes a headband that causes hoods to toggle down.

Not in 1.2 but in the next major patch after. When something is worked on and whoever is in charge says that it should arrive at designated time then it means something. It's ridiculous how they decide to ignore the matter out of the sudden and we had to wait since February to get any sort of a response in October. I also see a keyword "will". They "will extend this functionality" but where is the functionality they were supposed to extend?

They have also commented that it turned out to be way more work then they thought.. and hence could not meet their initial estimate for a patch-in.

IMO, it's comments like yours above that inhibits more open communications by the Bioware staff because you insist on holding them literally to anything and everything they say. You want more open communications, be more open to things changing as unforseen complications to a content change arise.

/2-cents

I know it's not the solution everyone is looking for, but it does work. A few head pieces will cause the hood to toggle down (which also tells us the toggle is already in game, just no interface for it.) Ctr-left-click your way through what's available until you find one. I can think of one example off the top of my head: the adaptable social armor on Hoth includes a headband that causes hoods to toggle down.

Exactly. It's a very good player workaround until they release a hood toggle.