Change Section X Heroic

So I don't know about most servers, but even on peak times my server has maybe 10 people on section X. Most of the time it's less than 5. This makes it very difficult to do the heroic 4 man. Not because it's difficult, but because you actually have to have 4 people to finish at the end, and even though there's 5-10 people in the zone, most of the time people just don't want to do it anymore.

With the current gear it's possible to at the very least 2 man the heroic 4 man, but due to the lack of players that are in section X, I can't ever finish it because of the stupid way this is designed at the end. Yes this was awesome when it originally came out, but now it's quite honestly just a pain. You give us a weekly that requires us to do all of the daily quests including the heroic, but due to the low population servers and the fact that there are many new daily hubs, it's hardly ever viable to finish.

You can leave it at it's current difficulty level, that's not really the issue. Just please make it possible to finish the end part without having 4 players.

Thanks,

Ezenthor

Edited by Ezenthor

I agree. Usually there are no more than 20 people in Section X on my server at any time. More often what happens are 6 groups of 3 calling out LF1M for Aurora Cannon...and no takers, lol. The content is fine, it's just that 4-man requirement that can be a pain.

I wonder if there is some way they could rework it so that your companions could play 2 of the 4 roles for the end of the mission. I know you can get past the final ray shield to get to the final boss with just 3 people, but you can't blow up the cannon without 4. Perhaps, once a player activates the ray shield, their companion will seek to go through and activate it again from the otehr side. Two players with companions would then be set. Similarly, post final boss, a live player could activate the main panel, then it is just assumed that the companions take care of the left and right postions, which just leaves blowing up the cannon for the other live player.

Actually you don't need 4. 3 is enough, just one person needs to do 2 activities at once, so to speak, in the last part. It's all about timing.

The shields go back up pretty quick. I've never seen it done with less than 4. Not that I'm saying it's not possible, but even if it is most people apparently don't know how to do it, and the original need to change the quest is still there.

The shields go back up pretty quick. I've never seen it done with less than 4. Not that I'm saying it's not possible, but even if it is most people apparently don't know how to do it, and the original need to change the quest is still there.

I've seen it done with 3 peeps, it's possible (seemed kinda tricky to pulll off though and I wouldnt know how)

In any case, I've only completed the rep grind recently, since I couldn't be arsed with the mob density when the level cap was 50, too annoying. I managed to get a group even with 5 people in the whole section, reason being the usual "you can solo it" doesn't fly. If someone needs the weekly, has to group up to get the heroic done.

Or maybe I was just lucky....

I know you can get past the final ray shield to get to the final boss with just 3 people, but you can't blow up the cannon without 4.[

Yup, as others have already stated, you can get to the boss with 2 (and able to kill it, cause 2 interrupts are enough for his heals), and finish the mission with 3. Tip: the shield only prevents the grenade throwing cast, but once the cast started the 'nade can go through the shield; so spam that rightclick as fast as you can ;)

I also step in the line and will say, that Bioware would do us a huge favor by scaling down the mechanics to a H2+ level. Cause no matter how amusing is to see a single group looking for almost an hour (or a bit less; ~weekly solo run duration) for a grenade thrower, this should be changed. There are just not that many peeps out there anymore. :(

Since I highly doubt they'll change it, I would suggest asking some guildies to help you for the heroic or go to fleet and ask for someone to help with Section X.

They may change it, they have done it before with the belsavis heroics when numbers dropped and it was getting harder to get a group, they changed both the H4's to H2.

With this particular heroic, all they really have to do is change the mechanics for the shields and the final bit with the bomb, the mob strength and density is fine as it is.

I imagine the easiest way to fix it would just be to change the clickables to act like SM Draxus. Once you click a shield or quest button, it stays "active" forever, instead of requiring a channel to stay active. Would seem like an easy enough fix, depending on how it was programmed in the first place.

Since I highly doubt they'll change it, I would suggest asking some guildies to help you for the heroic or go to fleet and ask for someone to help with Section X.

Yeah I agree. Bioware change something for the better? The odds are astronomical. Still, I figured I would maybe suggest it and bring it to their attention just in case they actually read forums :o