Why are the new trainer craftable barrels 186 rating?!?

-Damask-

In case you new devs dont know... 186 was the rating that the old barrels from 3.0 had.

The new ones have to be higher than that to be meaningful. To follow the same pattern that 3.0 had you would need to make the new trainer craftable barrels 204 (or something better than 198).

186 rating MAKES NO SENSE! I know there's a high turnover rate at bioware but damn!

What you're seeing are the older 3.0 barrels, but reworked as "Versatile Barrel XX"

The actual NEW level 61+ gear you can craft as an Armstech include:

1. Grade 40 Augments

2. Non-Moddable Weapons (rating 208/216) that require specialized mats gotten from Conquests.

3. Grade 42/43 Barrels obtained from Operations gear, ripped out, and RE'ed.

In short, there were no new end-game barrels added in 4.0 that you can learn at the trainer.

Edited by Khevar

In short, there were no new end-game barrels added in 4.0 that you can learn at the trainer.

That makes no sense. There's always been a 65 barrel and hilt to get people started for ops. My 192 hilt is better then everything I've seen.

That makes no sense. There's always been a 65 barrel and hilt to get people started for ops. My 192 hilt is better then everything I've seen.

I understand where you're coming from -- I made good credits crafting 186 gear during the 3.0 cycle.

It seems the new tier of craftable "basic gear" (208 rating) is both non-moddable and requires mats from conquests.

I understand where you're coming from -- I made good credits crafting 186 gear during the 3.0 cycle.

It seems the new tier of craftable "basic gear" (208 rating) is both non-moddable and requires mats from conquests.

Static stat is the new plaid.

Seriously, given that armorings and mods don't matter (except for the endurance value), the only important modification is the Enhancement, which controls the Tertiary stat. And (from what I've seen), the Tertiary stat value is constant between the high/med/low end gear/mods.

That said, moddable gear is more flexible, just not by as much as it was pre-4.0.

3. Grade 42/43 Barrels obtained from Operations gear, ripped out, and RE'ed.

I got my hands on a Green Barrel 40 wich if RE'ed would not return any schematics. But you are saying that if i would get a Barrel 42/43 from an OP i actualy COULD RE'ed it with a chance of learning the Schematic ?