Grand Chance Cubes

NSevven

I got one of these in a command crate, yay! Now, to open or sell is my question. Thoughts?

I tried searching to see if they have updated the contents, but didn't come up with anything. So, can anyone give me the rundown on the latest info on GCC's? What drops, what usually drops (i.e, do you mostly get pets, customizations, and other cheap stuff, with gold/Pt type rarity on "good" items), etc.? They sell for over 1M credits. Doesn't seem like a really good chance of getting something that I couldn't have bought for much less than that.

I got one of these in a command crate, yay! Now, to open or sell is my question. Thoughts?

I tried searching to see if they have updated the contents, but didn't come up with anything. So, can anyone give me the rundown on the latest info on GCC's? What drops, what usually drops (i.e, do you mostly get pets, customizations, and other cheap stuff, with gold/Pt type rarity on "good" items), etc.? They sell for over 1M credits. Doesn't seem like a really good chance of getting something that I couldn't have bought for much less than that.

It's a gamble. Even if you get something "good" it may be something you already have that doesn't sell for much (but could still fetch more than 1 million). I've gotten sets of armor, regeneration toys, dye modules, and I believe even a title or two. I don't have enough experience with them to tell you the frequency of one drop over another, but for the most part I've been underwhelmed with what I've gotten. However, they had been selling for around 400k or less when I was trying to decide between opening them or selling them, so I decided to open most of the ones I had.

It's a gamble. Even if you get something "good" it may be something you already have that doesn't sell for much (but could still fetch more than 1 million). I've gotten sets of armor, regeneration toys, dye modules, and I believe even a title or two. I don't have enough experience with them to tell you the frequency of one drop over another, but for the most part I've been underwhelmed with what I've gotten. However, they had been selling for around 400k or less when I was trying to decide between opening them or selling them, so I decided to open most of the ones I had.

It's definitely a gamble as I've gotten Assorted Scrap Piles, some dye modules, a color crystal or three, and if I'm really lucky, a new mount but that hardly ever happens. It really is a luck of the draw but in all honesty, I'd just open those.

The theory is that it could be anything CM except unlocks and other consumables (e.g. XP boosts), including anything that has dropped from a pack OR anything in the same categories that can be (or has been possible to be) bought on the CM directly. The BSG split, I've read somewhere is something like:

* 85% bronze

* 10% silver

* 5% gold

* a rate for platinum rarity that fits in the rounding errors of the above.

And within each category the chances are more or less uniform.

There aren't nearly as many mounts as there are amour sets and weapon sets and toys and emotes and decorations and dye modules and so on combined, so you don't get mounts all that often.

Armour comes in complete sets with the whole set, I believe, counting as one item.

Oddity: There are so many more bronze items than gold that even if you account for the bronze category being seventeen times as likely, any one individual gold item is more common than any one individual bronze item.

Thanks guys & gals! Off to GTN we go :)

The BSG split, I've read somewhere is something like:

* 85% bronze

* 10% silver

* 5% gold

* a rate for platinum rarity that fits in the rounding errors of the above.

BSG ... For a minutes I thought "Battlestar Galactica ... huh?". Then it dawned on me ... I'll blame that it is pre-dawn here ;)