help with mmo's

sweenx

I am new to MMO's and SWtOR is the first MMO iv'e ever played. When I play with other people or just walking around i see people say cc thatboss or HM Black Talon. I was hoping someone would be able to help me understand what these abbreviations stand for.

Greetings Sweenx and welcome to the forums!

New Player Help has a great community of people who enjoy helping out others. We have some wonderful resources you might enjoy. There is the New Player Guide and the Online Game Manual to get you started. We also have our handy New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources which showcases various links that might assist you.

We have several member created guides that might help out, too!

Additionally, depending on what you are interested in and what class you are playing, make sure to check out the various stickied threads in those areas! These are great resources of information, often created by fellow community members.

Hope that helps! :jawa_smile:

cc thatboss

"CC" means "Crowd Control" and involves stunning the enemy for 60 sec, some classes have that ability and some don't.

HM Black Talon

When someone is LFG (Looking For Group) or LFM (Looking For More) for example "HM Black Talon" they're looking for people to do the "Hard Mode" of the "Black Talon" only available for level 50. Normal mode for Black Talon is however for level 10+.

Edited by Stebbinn