Black-purple crystal schematic

SpencerGray

Where can I learn to craft an Advanced Black-Purple Crystal?

I did find a site that says you can Reverse engineer it but for me all I see is "no research available"

I'm not talking about the Advanced Black-Purple Striated one for being a sub in March 2015, Just the plain black core one :)

Edited by SpencerGray
Text change

its a bug, hoping for a fix soon. just got done with talking to CS about it

It is NOT a bug. In the 4.x patch notes (I forget which specific patch) it says that they removed the ability to RE color crystals dropped in Operations and removed the ability to RE anything crafted by another character.

CS is wrong, plain and simple. Would not be the first time.

It is NOT a bug. In the 4.x patch notes (I forget which specific patch) it says that they removed the ability to RE color crystals dropped in Operations and removed the ability to RE anything crafted by another character.

CS is wrong, plain and simple. Would not be the first time.

"All Modifications acquired from Operations can be Reverse Engineered for their Schematics. "

from your patch notes that you reference. only thing they stopped allowing was gear from being RE

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

also went and read all the other patch notes after, and no where did they change it to where we could no longer RE crystals

Edited by CrazyScruffy

"All Modifications acquired from Operations can be Reverse Engineered for their Schematics. "

from your patch notes that you reference. only thing they stopped allowing was gear from being RE

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

also went and read all the other patch notes after, and no where did they change it to where we could no longer RE crystals

Crystals are not considered "modifications"

so If I go into my item stash, and click on item modifications my crystals wont be in there? try again boss. they are modifications. and certainly not gear or weapons.

I don't make up the rules. That was the "justification" they gave back then.

Something else I realized while posting in another thread. There are two game mechanical distinctions between color crystals and all other end game item modifications:

#1 Color crystals do not require sliced parts at all. Color crystals (and dye modules) require TH materials while barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments all require sliced parts to craft.

#2 Color crystals schematics that were once acquired by RE of drops require grade 6 materials where all other end game item modifications since this change require higher than grade 6 materials (7, 8 , 9 or 10).

Therefore it is easy enough to separate Color crystals from the rest of item modifications in the database.

So I was hoping to RE a purple crystal I got in an op drop, so I can start crafting them. However CS says that it is bugged. any chance of this being fixed soon, or a workaround to get the schematic? thanks, keep up the good work
If you haven't already, make sure to report it in the bug forum. Meantime, I'll send along to QA to see if we have it on the list to be fixed. Thanks for heads up.

Happy New Year,

Keith

From Master Keith himself. It is bugged

Something else I realized while posting in another thread. There are two game mechanical distinctions between color crystals and all other end game item modifications:

#1 Color crystals do not require sliced parts at all. Color crystals (and dye modules) require TH materials while barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments all require sliced parts to craft.

#2 Color crystals schematics that were once acquired by RE of drops require grade 6 materials where all other end game item modifications since this change require higher than grade 6 materials (7, 8 , 9 or 10).

Therefore it is easy enough to separate Color crystals from the rest of item modifications in the database.

sure if crystals were end game items, but they are not. and still fall under the category of item mods. I can assure you that it is merely a bug right now, have gotten confirmation from patch notes, multiple CS reps, and Keith himself. And I choose to believe them over you

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
ofc not.

we've gotten lip service on this since 4.0 and I don't expect that to change... ever.

So... its a feature? 3 years out and its still how things are? Why did Kieth say it was a bug then? Seems like they really want to hurt crafters (and thats primarily why I like the game) and make everyone just buy cartel crystals. Very frustrating I would like to get a complete set of color crystal schematics on my artificer that ive had since launch.

(sorry for the necro)

• 10 months later...
Bumped into this while searching for the exact same issue. Any updates on when/if this will get fixed? It would be really nice to be able to learn more schematics through REing.

After three years one can only assume that this is "working as intended" a real slap in the face to crafters of today, but, given how badly they have broken crafting it is not surprising. This needs a fix. it is ridiculous that they removed the ability to obtain the schematic, but still allow it to be crafted and sold on the GTN. Incredible. Another fine example of how much EAware loves its customers.