life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

The Life Day crap is for all the people who want holiday garbage. Congratulations. The minority who care about walking carpets and their version of "Away in a Manger" can have the items.

The rest of us don't have to be plagued by entire planets decked out or wookiees all over the place wanting us to bless their babies.

Either buy the 39.99 allotment of Cartel Coins of the Star Wars Holiday Special in a bargain bin for .99. You can enjoy Life Day in one of those two ways.

"AHMAHGERD!!!! DEY AR TAKIN DA LIFE DAY OUT OURV CHRI'MAS!!!!!!"

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see an issue.

These items are for show and not necessary at all.

If you want them pay up, if you can't afford them well then how can you afford $15 a month for a game?

It's like someone who doesn't tip a server well. If you can't afford the tip then how can you afford to eat out? oh that's because you can afford the tip you're just cheap and can't admit that to yourself.

It's not about being able to afford things but price / value issue. For 15 a month I am getting an access to an amazing MMO while on the other hand for 18 quid I can get a holiday-themed speeder with ridiculous, Christmas lights all over. Which has better value for money? Tip argument doesn't fit here as the subscription is actually cheaper (especially on the longer plans) than a number of wearable cartel items :L

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Life Day is a Wookiee tradition and a sort of equivalent to Christmas. Once Kashyyyk is made explorable in the game, then can the developers properly expand the event to play similar to the Grand Acquisitions Race or the Rakghoul event. All we can do is hope that the devs are already planning on making Kashyyyk available in the near-future.

Near future? i am talking about this ongoing event..unless they plan to run this event for months till they release Kashyaak. Why even call it an event? when nothing is happening.

The prices are too high for me. The armor better be damn cool for that much, the rest doesn't seem worth it to me. The cartel shop and updates are especially disappointing with their habit of simply reskinning already existent models.

I don't have to buy it, and as long as this is their standard, I wont. Hopefully once I see this robe I'm proved wrong, but unfortunately I don't have high hopes.

To be honest, I belive they will release an event for subscribers to acquire these items. If that's not the case, I am a bit dissappointed.

Considering some other stuff that is also being introduced to market, like ship parts, it could be possible.

But then, earliest 'event' was supposed to be in January, Ilum related. Despite that Ilum was pushed back, fact remains that there weren't any plans for event earlier, so it's unlikely.

I don't see an issue.

If you want them pay up, if you can't afford them well then how can you afford $15 a month for a game?

It's like someone who doesn't tip a server well. If you can't afford the tip then how can you afford to eat out? oh that's because you can afford the tip you're just cheap and can't admit that to yourself.

Another person that completely missed the point. When they were talking about F2P they consistently talked about how subs would NEVER be forced to pay extra money, all content would be included in the sub you pay, you know that $15/ mo we've been giving them for the past 12 months.

The skipped a tier of ship weapons/armor going straight to tier 7 lol, and made them cost so much money that you'd have to be CAPPED to buy them, and made the missions difficult that they are physically impossible to finish without tier 7 gear. But don't worry, you can buy them for real money.

And the "life day event" just so happens to be a super cool SALE on the cartel market. Fun. Sounds to me like subs were mislead about what would actually be included in our monthly payment. Because right now it's looking like "zilch" and "nothing."

EA executives need X-mas, too. Bonuses don't come cheap, ya know!

Man I .. Guess I agree? I'm not saying put nothing Life day related on the Cartel Market, but for ALL of it to be put on there is a bit of a slap in the face.

I personally [and wrongly I guess] assumed that whilst the 'life day' packs were likely to appear on the CM market, i figured they'd leave it at that, and there would be OTHER gear/items/fun junk to acquire that doesn't involve paying money, and instead requires you participate in the community etc, much like the previous events did.

It's absolutely ridiculous. And the prices...2400 cartel points for the Life Day bundle. And they call it "for the discounted price" LOL. That's more points than I acquired in a year playing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's things like this that will drive customers away.:(

If it's a sign of things to come, subscribers are going to have to be averaging $30-$45 a month outlay just to cover "event" stuff for a couple of thier characters.

It's appalling. :(

Life day items on the cartel market are insulting because... they aren't free? Lol! Wha..?

So first, lets be clear, these are not event specialty items. Life day is not an event like Rak or Chevin etc. Life day is your holiday fluff. Nothing worthy of a quest or any real work of achievement. Subs get 500 CCs spend them how you will.

Oh, and did I mention that it is fluff? Lol! It will be great for about half a second and then... it would just clutter up my inventory. Personally, I'm glad it is for purchase. I'll look at it and if something strikes my fancy I'll buy it, but... it is very unlikely. Thank god I will only be cluttering up my cargo with things that I want.

Edited by Rafaman

I don't see an issue.

While the rest of your analogy loses the point, this is really the best thing to be said on the matter. Cash shops in almost all games primary items are aesthetic. There's no imbalance here, or massive edge to be gained. The people who have the money and are willing to spend the money for said show, will. Those who don't, won't.

I don't understand why so many are getting butthurt over it. Ok, there is the minor point that the items are limited time for the holiday which does make it impossible to save up rewarded cartel coins from subscriptions. This sort of sucks for those of us already spending the $15/mo on the game regularly, because we have to shell out even more money to obtain the items. But it's not the end of the world.

Considering some other stuff that is also being introduced to market, like ship parts, it could be possible.

But then, earliest 'event' was supposed to be in January, Ilum related. Despite that Ilum was pushed back, fact remains that there weren't any plans for event earlier, so it's unlikely.

lol, originally Ilum was supposed to coincide with 1yr anniversary, then they said that we would have a different event for one year.

Ilum is pushed back to Feb now, but we are supposed to have a 1yr anniversary event in two weeks. numerous devs have said so.

Only once Kashyyyk is made explorable, then can Life Day be properly celebrated in the game. All we can do is keep urging the devs to make Kashyyyk accessible soon.

So by 2020 we'll be able to not spend $200 a year on Life Day "event/extortion packs", well that's all fine then! :rolleyes:

That's basically because it IS gouging. :)

Well no Gouging would warrant the fact you need to buy these items to progress in the game. These are just some optional gear to make you look more unique. Don't care about buying it and think its a great idea to increase revenue.

Also the quest idea had a bug in it, the fact that f2players would have to have access to it. Personally its like all the other gear you can buy from the cartel market, yes its limited time but you get to strut around in it all year long.

So by 2020 we'll be able to not spend $200 a year on Life Day "event/extortion packs", well that's all fine then! :rolleyes:

When you are in love with something you are blind to its flaws and find ways to rationalize your attachment while others tell you to open your eyes.

That is his way of coping with it.

While the rest of your analogy loses the point, this is really the best thing to be said on the matter. Cash shops in almost all games primary items are aesthetic. There's no imbalance here, or massive edge to be gained. The people who have the money and are willing to spend the money for said show, will. Those who don't, won't.

I don't understand why so many are getting butthurt over it. Ok, there is the minor point that the items are limited time for the holiday which does make it impossible to save up rewarded cartel coins from subscriptions. This sort of sucks for those of us already spending the $15/mo on the game regularly, because we have to shell out even more money to obtain the items. But it's not the end of the world.

15 bullet points for cartel shop.

1 bullet point for bugfix... and it's a bug with with the cartel shop.

There are currently many many many bugs with this game, quite a few of them gamebreaking and persistent. The "butthurt" as you so eloquently put it, is that subs pay $15/mo automatically, and we expect to see improvement to the game for that investment, at the very least fixing stuff they broke if not adding additional things FOR US. The fact that f2p is being catered to so hard core, while subs are treated as second class, does not bode well for the health of the game.

they are prioritizing short term profits over long term sustainability and it's not going to be healthy for the game.

Please, please, please keep adding these types of items to the cash shop BW. I prefer this over P2W or having them force subs to pay for access to new planets and important crap like that. They need to make money off the shop somehow and this is the lesser of evils, I think. Edited by Radzkie

Life day items on the cartel market are insulting because... they aren't free? Lol! Wha..?

So first, lets be clear, these are not event specialty items. Life day is not an event like Rak or Chevin etc. Life day is your holiday fluff. Nothing worthy of a quest or any real work of achievement. Subs get 500 CCs spend them how you will.

Oh, and did I mention that it is fluff? Lol! It will be great for about half a second and then... it would just clutter up my inventory. Personally, I'm glad it is for purchase. I'll look at it and if something strikes my fancy I'll buy it, but... it is very unlikely. Thank god I will only be cluttering up my cargo with things that I want.

This make them charging 4 months worth of subscriber coins per character WORSE not better you realise? :csw_yoda:

To be honest I agree here, the focus seems to shift completely to Cartel market leaving subs without any benefit really. I do not have much interest in the Cartel market, nor do I feel I should have to spend on it as I sub. Even the armor they're putting on is stuff that should have been in the game in the first place (i.e. authentic looking jedi wear etc.)