crying nerf or buff

ErosGyne

Why are we not QQing for buff for smugler, all other classes do

Why are no nerf QQ for smugler? are we so underpower that other classes see a smugler and says " oh that seemes like a easy kill". All the other classes in game call 1 another op, but smugler never is op.(excpet the stun lock QQ when the game when live)

All the posts i see here, players calling out ther dps metrics, the smugler class seemes to have the lowers dps, all say that we have 3 good PVP trees but in PVP is rare to see one.

Are we so accustomed to be the underdog on the game that we just dont care anymore?

no,a gunslinger's dps is very high,they just don't notice it because we do it from far away and they think that someone else killed them,but believe me,a gunslinger could totally devastate even a marauder from any range. Edited by _biddan_

Did I read correctly and you're complaining about Smugglers? Both Smuggler classes are good right now. I think they even are the best made ones, not too powerful, not too squishy, some flaws, some good.

Maybe It's just that you're not picking good talents or rotations. Or you're undergeared.

Did I read correctly and you're complaining about Smugglers? Both Smuggler classes are good right now. I think they even are the best made ones, not too powerful, not too squishy, some flaws, some good.

Maybe It's just that you're not picking good talents or rotations. Or you're undergeared.

You read it wrong lol, i am not complaining, it just that i dont see any talk about smugler in the forum, good or bad, other classes complain about their being underpower and others being overpower, and seemes that BW more or less listen, most pacthes bring some kind of balance to other classes, but for smugler, the changes are more cosmetic. (gun sounds, dif. icon for abilities)

should we do more noise to take BW attencion to try improving our class?

Our we are happy with the thing has there are now.

Just 1 ex. are we not the only class(gunslinger) that dont have some kind of heal or self-heal?

Edited by ErosGyne

Ok my bad then.

You've got a point there 'cause even our mirror class has complaints (*cough*operative*cough*). Smuggler could be improved in some ways but as some player say: I don't want Bioware to mess things up just to "improve" a class. Just see what happened with Vigilance/Vengeance Guardian/Juggernauts.

Lets be happy to play the only class (so far) that Bioware didn't mess up :rak_03:

Edited by _Bonifacius_

Scoundrel DPS is the only thing that needs any sort of improvement, and even then it's mostly minor, some quality-of-life changes, or at the most a 50-100DPS buff, nothing major. A thing or two I'd like to see is some sort of sprint attached to Dodge (obviously would require a redesign of Scramble, but it would create interesting tactical decisions), and just some general quality-of-life changes that would either smooth out the flow of damage or make it easier to manage.

Smugglers are honestly in a pretty balanced place though. Both Gunslingers and Scoundrels have their roles to fill, with obvious advantages and weaknesses, so it's hard to say nerf/buff without breaking role or making Smugglers unable to fill those roles. I will say that there seems to be a lack of DPS Scoundrels, but that seems to mostly be A. inability of most Smugglers to play "well" (i.e. DF tree, but QoL changes would help streamline), or B. general stigma relating to DPS Scoundrels (which are largely unfounded).

Lets be happy to play the only class (so far) that Bioware didn't mess up :rak_03:

TRUE lol

But with the other classes getting some kind of buff, i dont want this class to get left behind again.

If i remember this was the last class to get some buff when the game has launch

Edited by ErosGyne

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm a newbie and part time player and all of the various skill tree decisions still make me confused. In a group the other night, I was questioned about being a gunslinger and not having buff. I still can't figure it out on the skill tree. What should i be looking for? Does anyone know of a site that breaksdown all of the skills in simple language.

I've also been sticking with the Sharpshooter section of the skill tree for all of my advances thus far. Do you want to fill up one section like Sharpshooter first and move to the others or do you select specific skills from all 3 trees to make the best player. What skills from Sabotuer and Dirty Fighting are worth having.

Ok, so I'm a newbie and part time player and all of the various skill tree decisions still make me confused. In a group the other night, I was questioned about being a gunslinger and not having buff. I still can't figure it out on the skill tree. What should i be looking for? Does anyone know of a site that breaksdown all of the skills in simple language.

They were talking about the smuggler class buff, Lucky Shots, which you get separately to the skill tree as a default ability. It gives a 5% buff to crit chance. Think it'll be under "Smuggler" on your abilites list.

Each class has a class buff, that when cast applies to everyone in the group. You should have it up all the time, you'll need to recast after death as that wipes it. The buff is the same to mirror classes on the other faction, so Imperial Agents get a buff called Coordination that has the same effect as our Lucky Shots.

As there are four basic classes, you can have up to four class buffs at any one time (they overwrite if more than one person casts the same one).

Last thing to know is related to Legacy. Once you complete Act Two of a class story, ALL your characters in that legacy can cast that class's buff when they cast their own. So if you get up to Act Two in all four, your whole group get all four class buffs when you cast your own.

Darth Hater DB, in the link I gave to Lucky Shots above, is a SWTOR database with lots of info on your abilites.

Sorry, Scoundrel here so can't really answer the Gunslinger part of your post.