Regarding server queues

StephenReid

The pony way bioware will fix the queues is if we the pissed off customers force them to.

How? Well write or e-mail every major gaming magazine, website and blog. Only after a torrent of bad publicity is something ever going to get done. Let's pay bioware back for this disgusting state of affairs.

Sadly you are forgetting the hordes that will defend anything BW or star wars with their dieing breath. No matter what state it is in.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i fail to realise is, how this is gonna be once the game is out for sale.

Will we have Ques which move not in Minutes or Hours but in days then?

Sorry, i dont buy a game and pay subscription to wait to play it maybe.

I also fail to understand why i cant keep the lot on my regular Server, meaning, that if i log out and log in again, i dont have a que and are already on the last server i have been on.

Currently all it takes to kill a game evening is a internal Server Error, a client Crash or a bug that causes you to log in and out again.

I know its weekend, but lets face the fact, this problem did not came out of nowhere. We saw it on the Beta Testing Weekend, while i have to say, the que there was agreeable. But is showed that there is far to less capacity, because of a very low server population setting or limited server ressources.

Both would have been in the solvable area within the last two Weeks, but nothing had happend so far, and i would like to know how this could happen.

Bioware and EA did not host their first Online game so they could have known what was ahead of them. Especially since they were so eager to bring every Star Wars Fan in this game. Also with their early game acces mails they were well aware about the numbers of players they have to deal with.

For me the question if they can solve those horrid long server ques is also the question if i will play this game.

Nevertheless they should fix it and they should fix it fast.

Things like this could kill a game far ahead of the sales start.

Imagine all the People who are raging at Facebook, Gaming Forums and so on will be a very bad publicity for people who might think to buy the game.

I love this, This forum is updating so fast. As you read my post, 3 more are already up. Whats probably happening right now is EA is giving BW crap over this and BW is doing the same to EA. Until the childern in suits quit squabling over the issue, we patiently wait like the parents, hoping our kids will grow up and see the more important issue. Your actions affect others EA/BW. Remember that and THIS: I understand that this is a pre-release game we're playing, and that its FREE, HOWEVER......When the game requires me to PAY TO PLAY, I will not PAY TO WAIT! Oh and btw the way, your respons to this issue is pathetic. You would think a company would learn from its competitors mistakes. Where's the updates, beside the fact we've exceeded the post limit on your thread( seems thats not the only limit issues you have)!

Listen to your consumers, if you don't think we're important. Just ask sony how they did during their issue. We can make or break this game. Ball is in your court now.

Edited by kargish

I have never complained about anything regarding this game so far. Moreover I've always been content with all the decisions BW made, even if they meant me waiting an extra few days or some options missing from the game or whatnot.

...but this is ridiculous. Waiting 3hs (and counting) in a queue is not normal. I'm sorry but if I'm going to pay a subscription I expect to be able to play not wait in a queue for several hours, and then play for one or two before going to sleep/work or attending to other responsibilities all of us have. And I'm one of the lucky few who actually has a bit of free time available. There are people who can only allocate 2 or 3 hours per day to this game, and that time is spent waiting in a queue.

Keeping your character logged in IS NOT a solution as it only exacerbates the issue. Only selfish, ignorant people resort to this.

Re-rolling IS NOT an option, most of us have guilds, have friends and can't all move to some server only to face the same issue a week later. I'm am not going to re-roll my character get it to lvl 30 again and then discover that the new server is also getting overcrowded.

Something needs to be done about this because people will not pay to wait in queues. So far BW came through on many other issues. I really hope they can do it again and manage to solve this problem.

/rant

Edited by Darkmack

This que systems has torn our guild apart! Bioware has posted that anyone experiencing a 2 hour que is recomended to roll on a new Eu server. However our guild was place on this server as a pre choice! so Bioware should let us transfer the whole guild to a new server with no ques rather than our new members who didnt get to start in pre launch to have to sit in a 2 hour que to play with their fellow guild. now 50% of our guild are on one server and the rest are still on the pre launch server!

I just feel like pre launch has been a whole waste of our time!

I love this, This forum is updating so fast. As you read my post, 3 more are already up. Whats probably happening right now is EA is giving BW crap over this and BW is doing the same to EA. Until the childern in suits quit squabling over the issue, we patiently wait like the parents, hoping our kids will grow up and see the more important issue. Your actions affect others EA/BW. Remember that and THIS: I understand that this is a pre-release game we're playing, and that its FREE, HOWEVER......When the game requires me to PAY TO PLAY, I will not PAY TO WAIT! Oh and btw the way, your respons to this issue is pathetic. You would think a company would learn from its competitors mistakes. Where's the updates, beside the fact we've exceeded the post limit on your thread( seems thats not the only limit issues you have)!

Listen to your consumers, if you don't think we're important. Just ask sony how they did during their issue. We can make or break this game. Ball is in your court now.

Yeah well, with 100K people being stuck in queue's, they have plenty of time to spam the forums :p

Wait... did something just happen?

I rage-quit the queue and went off for chocolate milk (see what you're driving me to BW?!)

I restarted the launcher and it downloaded more client data. (THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A _PATCH_ AFTER MY FIVE HOUR WAIT? YOU ARE FLOCKING WITH ME, SURELY?!)

When I left the queue for Bloodworthy was 1356. When I restarted and queued again, the queue was 315 and I'm now <200 only fifteen minutes later.

Did a war just start? Was there an horrific EU centralised natural disaster that just wiped out thousands of players? I certainly didn't feel anyone cry out and then get suddenly silenced...

This is a quote from my posting from a new post regarding this.

"If these Queues stay past releaseday i cancel my subscription and deinstall the client. SINCE THIS CANT BE YOUR TURE SERIOUS WAY OF TREATING CUSTOMERS. Letting them wait 90 minutes to be able to play THE GAME THEY FRIKKIN PAYED FOR? NOT with me my friends and i HOPE many people will do the same.

This is TOTALLY unaccceptable and a total impudence.

Endemo"

@ DEVs sorry your excuses are LAME. Just open mor servers and allow people to move their characters from server to server. Problem solved.

I for my part are extremely upset and i am ok with maybe 15 minutes of wait but as it stands now for me as a NORMAL casual game things look like follows:

I am at work the whole day. I come home after 10-12 hrs of work. I play with my sond a few minutes before he has to go to bed and then WAHT? I wait frikkin 90 minutes just to be able to play 90 minutes before i have to go to bed to be fit for the next workday? Cmon folks this is riddiculous!

I am out of this age. This is the only response i made about my an many other peoples issue with this. My consequences are simple: Cancel subscription and move along knowing that the next game from you folks will definately NOT live off of my money.

Endemo

Edited by Endemo

i just hope when it live they have a lot more servers and i will be able to get my friends and family on the same server, i have 300 peeps that all want to be on the same server, so the guild can be fun, i do not really care about the wait right now cuzz i am working on my new computer for the game.

Wait... did something just happen?

I rage-quit the queue and went off for chocolate milk (see what you're driving me to BW?!)

I restarted the launcher and it downloaded more client data. (THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A _PATCH_ AFTER MY FIVE HOUR WAIT? YOU ARE FLOCKING WITH ME, SURELY?!)

Yeah, some game crash patch was released.

Seems the wankers on here saying "its weekend" are proven wrong once again.

They are working and doing nothing concrete to fix the queue problem.

And if they are, they are utterly failing communicating anything about it.

The OP post isn't communicating anything, its just slapping us in the face.

We don't need them to monitor the problem, all users stuck in queue's are already "monitoring" the problem.

They need to communicate and implement fixes.

Waited in queue, got error 1002 after 3hours and took me about 20 minutes before I could reapply to queue. First time applying to queue was 5pm, now it is 9:37pm and I have 722 people ahead of me in queue.

This means that I have about another 2 hours before I can dream of entering the game and sadly I don't see myself able to play at that time.

How is this going to work on weekdays when I actually have to work for a living?

I say as previous posters:

How Bioware solves this problem will impact whether or not Bioware does get my subscription or not for this game I really love in all other aspects.

(Wouldnt mind seeing days/night shifting in-game though as well on my wishlist, hehe)

Will be here after launch whether or not the issue is resolved but I know that I get a bit pissed off when I have to spend 4 hours just to get 1 hour of playtime.

Client crash while playing on Lord Calypho, and now i cant log back in to the server (after queueing my *** off) at all ?

1002 login error... how long must one wait to get booted ? :(

// R

Edited by RoDahl

Cant understand how clients can defend a company... is like a slave defending the boss when it is flagging you... just can feel same from your words. And for me all opinions are good, but defend a company....

And I don't understand why people can play a companies game, yet hate the company. It seems on the forums people are either "fanbois" or "haters" or "people who are neither yet hate the company". Why can't there be just an average player who can actually side with a company because the company is actually right, or I feel sorry for them?

It isn't always "the customer is always right".

My 1h20mins wait time was over 10 mins ago and still have 534 of the original 1200 peeps in line in front of me, which would mean another hour of waiting roughly? Queues used to move up faster than this at the start.

Anyways, if this doesnt improve, I truely regret that I even started with the game and spent the money on it that I did.

Been in quite a few MMOs, never ever have seen queues at all. I think its the most suckiest invention ever. I have 1 month of sub with my digital deluxe. If this isnt fixed in my first month in, I'll simply be looking for another hobby.

I doubt the queueing time will get better; this is whats happening during early access, before everyone else has even been let in. I can appreciate that, its a very big game (big in the sense of hype surrounding it.) However, I do think there needs to be a serious rethink on these queues and the associated timings involved; for Tomb of Freedon Nadd server, a ~2000 generated an estimate of 2 hours, which was at least 4 hours ago with ~250 still in front of me.

Appreciating the popularity of a game and understanding that there are obviously going to be queues on high population servers are mutually exclusive; bear in mind this is still early access, so the only people logically playing are the ones that pre-ordered, which means that there was some indication of numbers involved, before the people who didnt pre-order (or ordered late) get involved. At this rate, people will be logging in and sitting themselves in queues before they go to work, and coming back and hoping they've advanced enough in the queue to be able to warrant waiting for a while to be able to play. That, or they will never log out, running afk placeholder macros (or a nodding duck) to keep themselves in the game indefinately.

What I'm basically saying in, from the point of view of my assigned server, we will be essentially paying to play a game involving sitting in a queue for hours on end for minimal play time, and the worst part is knowing this will only get worse. There has to be a better way around this problem.