After seeing 1.2 patch notes...

seanisawake

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned from these patch notes that BW will put in new systems(Legacy and UI Customization), in hopes that you won't notice how badly your class gets nerfed or made completely useless.

Honestly the Guild Summit was a hype fest with no specific mention on class changes. The tactic was to get people who unsubbed to get back into the game before the patch hit and get ready for all the new fun. And now that the notes have been posted more people will unsub due to the ridiculous changes to their class.

Next major patch will be buffs to all classes to get those people back, just in time to keep those monthly payments coming in so that it doesn't seem like anyone unsubbed at all. Way to go...

I've learned from these patch notes that BW will put in new systems(Legacy and UI Customization), in hopes that you won't notice how badly your class gets nerfed or made completely useless.

Honestly the Guild Summit was a hype fest with no specific mention on class changes. The tactic was to get people who unsubbed to get back into the game before the patch hit and get ready for all the new fun. And now that the notes have been posted more people will unsub due to the ridiculous changes to their class.

Next major patch will be buffs to all classes to get those people back, just in time to keep those monthly payments coming in so that it doesn't seem like anyone unsubbed at all. Way to go...

You really... don't have a clue do you? Read the dev tracker and you will see why they didnt disclose class information anywhere until the patch notes. You seriously think they would ever intentionally make some classes useless? You really think they just nerf and buff on a whim and decide to do so based on subscriptions? :rolleyes:

Yeah nice change for some, just to bad the patch killed the AC commando and mercenary.

From now on the only AC viable in 1 vs 1 will be assassin/shadow sentinel/marauder.

Mele is now truly king of TOR.

Melee has been the king of SWTOR for a while now.

Im not done reading yet, but the Sentinel/Marauder Changes are allready totally crazy.

Force Camouflage now additionally reduces all damage taken by 50% while active.

So they need another CD so they dont die?

Also no real changes to Assasins and Shadows, while nerving Operative/Scoundrel even more?

Can somebody explain to me why Backblast/Backstab now has a 3 second cooldown increase?

Edited by Fenomen

I've played all the classes getting "nerfed" and tbh they NEEDED it. With a class that has little to no use for any companion (other than snarky and useless comments at random times) it's nice to see that BW is trying to at least bring the classes inline with what THEY see the class doing.

So to all the "World is ending my class got nerfed waaaahhh imma un-sub now BW sucks" bulldoody spewers, See ya! Go back to hello pokemon island adventure, erm I mean Warcrap, opps i mean world of warpokemon bah! that other crapstatic mmo. Glad to be rid of ya!

Now to those whom do stay for various reasons such as myself. I am really looking forward to all the new changes 1.2 will have in-store.

It's really good to see how everyones keeping a level head and an open mind and not overracting at all about the class changes listed in 1.2

And clearly everyone has seen the part that said:

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.

So kudos to the SW:TOR community for always staying cool as a cucumber when new info is released that's not written in stone and is subject to change.

Been playing on the PTR for about ten minutes and I already don't want to play on the live servers. The UI changes are downright amazing, and the textures make it so hard to go back to the crappy ones we currently have outside of cutscenes.

Im not done reading yet, but the Sentinel/Marauder Changes are allready totally crazy.

Force Camouflage now additionally reduces all damage taken by 50% while active.

So they need another CD so they dont die?

Also no real changes to Assasins and Shadows, while nerving Operative/Scoundrel even more?

Can somebody explain to me why Backblast/Backstab now has a 3 second cooldown increase?

They are removing the 99% dmg reduction cooldown completley so ya.

It's really good to see how everyones keeping a level head and an open mind and not overracting at all about the class changes listed in 1.2

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.

So kudos to the SW:TOR community for always staying cool as a cucumber when new info is released that's not written in stone and is subject to change.

Newsflash for you. Given the fact that BW seem to give in to the forum QQ, these threads are now more than needed OR there would NOT be changes to these notes. More news at 11, stay tuned.

Yes because staying quiet will ensure nothing gets changed and all changes are perfect?

something something santa clause makes people cry..

Edited by MaliceX

Honestly, As a sorc who just got nerfed. Meh, It comes and goes. If you enjoy the game a class nerf is not going to kill it for you and aside from the nerfs the rest of the patch is amazing.

the only sorcs that got nerfed were hybrids...the change to the double dipping from the healer talent was bound to get fixed, granted that wasnt a nerf, since everyone knew it was gonna get fixed.

as a 50 full 31pt madness sorc i got buffed...shock/affliction get a 6%dmg increase, crushing darkness dots is now effected by the 20% increase(awesome), i never used LS to begin with so thats nothing to fret about...and with the 6%increase to shock it means ill actually use it in my rotations

After seeing my trooper nerfs , which in general comes down to 5% damage reduction nerf.

The rest is balance game ..

I am not excited anymore :eek:

Gee see it is the small things in life , that makes one excited or not .

Guess excitement went down the drain :cool:

And asking do DEV even play commando/merc healers , aside from stupid PvP .

They are removing the 99% dmg reduction cooldown completley so ya.

I don't see that anywhere in the patch notes.

Edit - You're mixing it up with Unbreakable Rage, which was a T4 skill that made Ravage uninterruptible. They're removing that from the game because Ravage is uninterruptible as a baseline ability in 1.2, so the skill was pointless.

Edited by Wallach

Hi, I have difficulty adapting and resent any kind of change that may or may not affect me. As a result of the release of the 1.2 patch notes, I am unsubscribing as we speak. However, I will continue to post on the official SWTOR forums despite not playing it and will inform other users that I've unsubscribed in every post. Edited by xGBox

Yes because staying quiet will ensure nothing gets changed and all changes are perfect?

You'll believe anything your mommy says too wont ya? How's Santa Claus working out for ya?

sir you misunderstand me. I'm all for voicing concerns in an intelligent, well though out manner. my post was directed at the kiddies who said something along the lines of

"ZOMG?! I GOT NERFED!? unsubbing. fail game is fail."

man, you guys would freak, in a game, like the one I used to play. We had, weekly, and sometimes less than weekly class and stat changes all the time. It was kind of the flavor of the place. But, it was a mud, not one of these fancy nancy "MMO"'s

still, one of the best, and richest game experience of my, getting longer every day, life.

Edited by Macabakur

I am excited for all these:

sprint at lvl 1

new operation, new war zone, new flash point

ui customization

target of target

new world boss

ranked war zones

Normally in Mmos, I max out a character then, i try levelin a second. I am a procrastinator leveler. I take forrrrrreeevvvver to reach cap on a second toon. But with the new legacy system I am excited to try new class combinations!

the only sorcs that got nerfed were hybrids...the change to the double dipping from the healer talent was bound to get fixed, granted that wasnt a nerf, since everyone knew it was gonna get fixed.

as a 50 full 31pt madness sorc i got buffed...shock/affliction get a 6%dmg increase, crushing darkness dots is now effected by the 20% increase(awesome), i never used LS to begin with so thats nothing to fret about...and with the 6%increase to shock it means ill actually use it in my rotations

Play and understand the heal tree before you start making the claim that it was not nerfed, other than a bug fix.

I missed the buff to Shock.. Losing the DPS from CL while upping Shock dmg is acceptable.

The lower force cost will be a nice bonus too. It's not much but removing the usefulness of CL was going to make sorc really boring... at least I still have to press 5 buttons, 4 would have made it unbearable.

Gotta make new macro's now /sigh ;)

Suprised by the vanguard nerf.

If you're talking about the HiB procs it's not really a nerf, sure it won't be able to RNG instagib the odd player anymore but in place you'll have more consistency instead of relying on lady luck.

Edited by Kabaal