[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

darthnish

Build used in all the videos:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhrrRRrrdGzZM.2

Basic tips of the carnage class, part 1 of my guide i do have otehr points id like to touch up on and will come in later parts,

also if youd like to see specific strats or tips against a class let me know here and ill add it in my future guides

that would be part 2 with strats vs sentinels/maras(all specs) gunslingers and vanguards

this is part 3, focusing on how to get your burst off uninterrupted + tactics vs vigilance/vengeance guardians and juggs and a few rotation tips.

part 4: an introduction to control

part 5: Rotations and keybinds

Edited by darthnish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man. I couldn't see it in the Vid but do you wait for teh Execute Proc and then pop Gore and follow up with a Force Scream? That's what I used to do as a Carnage Marauder and I did quite well.

yup at 2:31 and 8:23 :D on a sage and merc respectively

Edited by darthnish

yup at 2:31 and 8:23 :D on a sage and merc respectively

cool. That does a ******** of DMG in two short abilities and speaks to the strength of the Carnage Marauder. Now do you play around with Mods or do you just use the generic ones?

Personally I tried to emphesise Crit Chance and Surge, now for FS I know you don't need the Crit Chance, since it's an auto crit, but for all the other in the tree I like having the Crit Chance. But lately I questioned the use of Surge and thought about switching to Power what do you think? I took a brake from Carnage because of this reason, with my current gear build (this applies to the regular mods in the WH gear) the dmg just wasn't there. So I switched to Anni where my Mods do wonders.

cool. That does a ******** of DMG in two short abilities and speaks to the strength of the Carnage Marauder. Now do you play around with Mods or do you just use the generic ones?

Personally I tried to emphesise Crit Chance and Surge, now for FS I know you don't need the Crit Chance, since it's an auto crit, but for all the other in the tree I like having the Crit Chance. But lately I questioned the use of Surge and thought about switching to Power what do you think? I took a brake from Carnage because of this reason, with my current gear build (this applies to the regular mods in the WH gear) the dmg just wasn't there. So I switched to Anni where my Mods do wonders.

i had the exact same debate, atm i have 30% crit buffed and around 850 power and surge at 75%, ive been stacking power mods whenever i can find them , i reccomend getting 2 war hero vindicator light sabres, it has some good mods and enchantments with power in it , you can later trade these in for the elite war hero version(for your off hand just pull the mods out and put it in a custom built offhand) , and then you now have upgraded sabres and some extra mods and enchantments to play around with, also some BM pieces , i cant remeber, which exactly have some nice power mods as well +37 power ones, you can use that as well.

Dude I gotta say: You're the best Carnage Marauder I've ever seen.

And which Set Bonus do you favor as the best? I feel like the 4 pc Vindi Set bonus far outplays the Weaponmaster one. The 10 precent dmg bonus gives your ravage even better damage.

Edited by Shadowsite

Dude I gotta say: You're the best Carnage Marauder I've ever seen.

And which Set Bonus do you favor as the best? I feel like the 4 pc Vindi Set bonus far outplays the Weaponmaster one. The 10 precent dmg bonus gives your ravage even better damage.

you flatter me sir! thank you ^^ , as to to what set to use, of course use the vindicator set bonus, the weaponmaster set bonus is retarded

I am sorry to learn about your RL issues. Hopefully these issues are merely routine and nothing untoward.

As far as your video, it was amazing. I was wondering how you would deal with Assault Vanguards/pyro powertechs? Also, do concealment operatives give you problems?

I am sorry to learn about your RL issues. Hopefully these issues are merely routine and nothing untoward.

As far as your video, it was amazing. I was wondering how you would deal with Assault Vanguards/pyro powertechs? Also, do concealment operatives give you problems?

yup its just rputine part 2 is up! ill e doing a much more indepth gudie for part 3 but it will take some time

yup its just rputine part 2 is up! ill e doing a much more indepth gudie for part 3 but it will take some time

Glad to see that everything is fine.

Looking forward to part 3 of your guide. I learned things from the first two, and I have been playing my Sentinel for a while now, though not Combat/Carnage as much.

I would love to know how you take down Operatives who have better reactions. Your timing is impeccable but, with respect, that one operative you fought should have cleansed the burn before he used his 3 minute cooldown. He also failed to use his 100% dodge chance during your ravage and he failed to use his shield that absorbs damage (forget what it is called). I am sure he panicked. I probably would have too. Most people have difficulty with Snipers. I can usually handle snipers. Operatives give me problems. Any advice against some of the best Operatives would be a huge boon.

Thank you. Great second part to your video.

Glad to see that everything is fine.

Looking forward to part 3 of your guide. I learned things from the first two, and I have been playing my Sentinel for a while now, though not Combat/Carnage as much.

I would love to know how you take down Operatives who have better reactions. Your timing is impeccable but, with respect, that one operative you fought should have cleansed the burn before he used his 3 minute cooldown. He also failed to use his 100% dodge chance during your ravage and he failed to use his shield that absorbs damage (forget what it is called). I am sure he panicked. I probably would have too. Most people have difficulty with Snipers. I can usually handle snipers. Operatives give me problems. Any advice against some of the best Operatives would be a huge boon.

Thank you. Great second part to your video.

yeah i know what you mean we have this legendary dps scoundrel on our server, for the longest time when iwas in recruit bm mix i would fear this guy he had min maxed wh with 660 bonus dmg, crazy burst, getting ganked by him over and over again kinda increased my reaction speed, the opener remains the same, if you get opened use roar, when he pops dodge hold him in place with force choke and use your dot as soon as choke ends, then follow with a root and continue dps, if he dispells the DoT and stealth immediately use a smash to bring him out of it, ill see if i can get a few duels going with him so you can see what i mean.

Gj With the guide uh.....Man? lol but after my short one I made this really completes it. You're really good at stayin alive in warzones eh?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Stop with all the girl gamer hate!

Edited by TrumpetNut

Gj With the guide uh.....Man? lol but after my short one I made this really completes it. You're really good at stayin alive in warzones eh?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Stop with all the girl gamer hate!

sure bud .

Tasty!

Nice guide!

cheers bro !

Great guide, might have to try carnage after watching this :D

indeed you must, very underrated spec, i want to see more marauders running this purely cause my alts love the predation xD

Also update, Part 3 is in the works and slated to be finished by Friday ^^