Jedi Covenant PvP Records Thread

NamikazeNaruto

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what... I am drunk right now... elaborate please.

1. Ok the other team's total damage is roughly 1,664,000

2. 34 deaths on his team, which if you use the health pools visible and use 18k for the average of those you can't, we can determine that it took ~610,000 dmg to give those deaths. There are other variables that can skew this number, but not by such a large amount to disprove this analysis.

3. Total healing done on his team was ~1,781,000

To understand this next bit of math, I'll use an example. If I do 20k dmg to a healer who heals 20k, he will be at full health assuming no outside variables. If the healer has 20k health, I need to do 20k more dmg to him than the healing his does in order to kill him. This is a healing deficit. 20k healing deficit will give him a death. The scoreboard would show 40k dmg, 1 death and 20k healing. The 1 death was worth 20k to either be added to the healing portion, or subtracted from the dmg portion in order for the numbers to "match". (ie 40k - 20k = 20k or 20k + 20k = 40k)

So, we take the ~610k dmg from deaths (healing deficit) and either add it to the healing done or subtract it from the dmg done. We'll subtract it from the dmg done, which yields 1,054,000 dmg that was healed through. Since we have a total healing of 1,781,000 and 1,054,000 dmg done that was healed through, that leaves 727k healing that was used for something other than player dmg. Since this is huttball, I'm going to assume it was either 1 or both of the following:

1. Consumption/noble sacrifice spam

2. Environmental dmg

Let's concentrate on #2 for the time being since the SS has other clues that point towards this. We can all agree fire dmg is generally going to be something that you aren't going to outheal, so that leaves us with the acid pool. The tank had 416k protection in huttball, but with very little objective points to go along with the healer having crazy high healing for huttball and very few objective points. In fact, the healer and the tank with the crazy numbers had the 2nd and 3rd lowest objective points for the whole team by quite a bit. Objective points are tossed out for healing the ball carrier and protecting him. So we know these large numbers didn't come from playing the game, that's for sure.

My best guess, a small portion came from #1, with a majority of it coming from acid guarding.

I've pulled around 1700 hps doing this tactic just to mess around during a squash match, but I wasn't naive enough to post it as a record.

Edited by Ravashakk

1. Ok the other team's total damage is roughly 1,664,000

2. 34 deaths on his team, which if you use the health pools visible and use 18k for the average of those you can't, we can determine that it took ~610,000 dmg to give those deaths. There are other variables that can skew this number, but not by such a large amount to disprove this analysis.

3. Total healing done on his team was ~1,781,000

To understand this next bit of math, I'll use an example. If I do 20k dmg to a healer who heals 20k, he will be at full health assuming no outside variables. If the healer has 20k health, I need to do 20k more dmg to him than the healing his does in order to kill him. This is a healing deficit. 20k healing deficit will give him a death. The scoreboard would show 40k dmg, 1 death and 20k healing. The 1 death was worth 20k to either be added to the healing portion, or subtracted from the dmg portion in order for the numbers to "match". (ie 40k - 20k = 20k or 20k + 20k = 40k)

So, we take the ~610k dmg from deaths (healing deficit) and either add it to the healing done or subtract it from the dmg done. We'll subtract it from the dmg done, which yields 1,054,000 dmg that was healed through. Since we have a total healing of 1,781,000 and 1,054,000 dmg done that was healed through, that leaves 727k healing that was used for something other than player dmg. Since this is huttball, I'm going to assume it was either 1 or both of the following:

1. Consumption/noble sacrifice spam

2. Environmental dmg

Let's concentrate on #2 for the time being since the SS has other clues that point towards this. We can all agree fire dmg is generally going to be something that you aren't going to outheal, so that leaves us with the acid pool. The tank had 416k protection in huttball, but with very little objective points to go along with the healer having crazy high healing for huttball and very few objective points. In fact, the healer and the tank with the crazy numbers had the 2nd and 3rd lowest objective points for the whole team by quite a bit. Objective points are tossed out for healing the ball carrier and protecting him. So we know these large numbers didn't come from playing the game, that's for sure.

My best guess, a small portion came from #1, with a majority of it coming from acid guarding.

I've pulled around 1700 hps doing this tactic just to mess around during a squash match, but I wasn't naive enough to post it as a record.

Not even close, keep guessing you're missing something obvious.

By all means, enlighten me.

Me on Xamot + Excised healing stood in Simple's healing puddle while Tyger guarded Simple/Taunted me with aran smacking me while also standing in said healing puddle. Thus the inflated numbers from my derp smash spree.