Assass tank or deception?

simonballs

Hybrid tank is a great place to start. Grab force pull and death field in your spec and have some fun with the best cc output in the game, like 85% of the tankishness of a full tank and maybe 30% less burst than a pure dps.

You have so no idea what you are talking about. Sintank survivability is linked heavily through the self-heals on Force lightning. Wither can be sacrified in PvP, but DF sole advantage over it is the range, since CD make you able to cast 2 wither for one DF.

Also there is no way to be, at similar gear end-game, 30% from DPS with only death field. You can possibly get hard maul in deception, but threat will make you have an hard time getting a mob's back in PvE.

All tanksin hybrids are for PvP mostly. Point.

And going up the madness tree is not that useful, since the main DoT is on a charge you will not be using.

Sin tanking will allow you to plow through content easily, especially once you get tanking gear and your healer. Hybrid builds are for pvp only. Most people go 31 up the tanking tree and 10 into madness. creating a 31/0/10 build.

Hmmm......yes and no. The question I have for the OP is this: Do you intend to plow through mobs when levelling and expect mobs 2 levels lower or so to die superquick and you can just fly through quests?

In which case you want Deception. And you want to stack Willpower/Crit/Accuracy. The talk of you having a hard time getting behind the mob in PvE to maul hard is total rubbish. Just legslash/Electrocute the mob be quick and voila. For a hard DPS rotation in which you have the aggro Maul has no impact anyways. Comments like that are just silly.

A lot depends on your playstyle. Mine is the above. I love killing lots quickly. Even if I have to rest every now and then. :)

Peace.

Mark

Hmmm......yes and no. The question I have for the OP is this: Do you intend to plow through mobs when levelling and expect mobs 2 levels lower or so to die superquick and you can just fly through quests?

In which case you want Deception. And you want to stack Willpower/Crit/Accuracy. The talk of you having a hard time getting behind the mob in PvE to maul hard is total rubbish. Just legslash/Electrocute the mob be quick and voila. For a hard DPS rotation in which you have the aggro Maul has no impact anyways. Comments like that are just silly.

A lot depends on your playstyle. Mine is the above. I love killing lots quickly. Even if I have to rest every now and then. :)

Peace.

Mark

Somehow, someone who obviously missed the point of EW being useless with dark charge on saying i don't know what I'm talking about seems to be arguing my case for me.

Post was refering to hybrid builds being useless in PvE. I can assure you, one shock and the mob looks at you.

Also stacking accuracy leveling fighting mobs that are 2 levels under you? Seriously?

Surge. Accuracy comes in the 45+ range where you get ready for endgame, and surge is on the start of its DR curve.

But threat wise, you won't get a mob's back with a tanksin, its useless to go darkness/deception in pve. Point. You'll pull as soon as your tank companion's taunt drops, and you produce more than double

the threat of a dps companion.

At 42, my friend's tanksin held my sorc's dps on a 75k mob rather nicely. Doubt ashara would keep one off you for very long.