Madness needs 3% buff in 5.5

BraverDre

The class is underperforming and its defensives are less effective than other sustained rDPS. Madness needs at least a 3% dps buff. A good Madness sorc is always behind burst mDPS specs and falls behind in sustained rDPS category. Bioware bring us balance that you promised.

The class is underperforming and its defensives are less effective than other sustained rDPS. Madness needs at least a 3% dps buff. A good Madness sorc is always behind burst mDPS specs and falls behind in sustained rDPS category. Bioware bring us balance that you promised.

I'll copy/paste my response as it is simply the state of things at the moment with this class:

"Devs this is really true please listen. While balance/madness has nice built-in aoe splash damage in their rotation which can inflate its numbers somewhat in certain situation its single target dps is significantly lacking to enjoy doing the hardest ops (master mode/nim) without the feeling you are the being carried -which you are - don't fool yourself. This is not right, the class should be able to pull its weight in good hands.

Most players of this spec agree it is in a good place dps-wise for pvp but not PvE for tight dps checks on certain raid encounters. We just suggest some form of single-target dps boost and not aoe/dots boost which could quickly make it overtuned for PvP again.

Anyways from lots of experience I can say in attacking a single target non-stop it deals less dps than even Virulance/Dirty Fighting at the moment - a spec designated as "quisi-burst/sustained -2.5%" and no Virulence does not need a nerf it is in a good place right now- you guys balanced the sniper specs very well, Madness/Balance is not.

More detailed,Madness/Balance dps is all right/ or at least adequate once a target is under 30% health and the boost to dps in the execute phase kicks in, but before that it really needs some form of improvement to be made viable as in "be able to pull its weight" in a tight dps race. Before the execute phase the spec is clocking low 9K range which is very bad considering Virulence is clocking high 9Ks and almost 10K in that time. In execute phase they are about even."

Those figures above by the way are on a perfect dummy parse situation and not on any fight with movement/ disruption to attack mechanics.

its single target dps is significantly lacking to enjoy doing the hardest ops (master mode/nim) without the feeling you are the being carried -which you are - don't fool yourself. This is not right, the class should be able to pull its weight in good hands.

This may be hard for you to believe but madness is capable of beating every dps check in this game without being carried, it just requires a higher mastery of the spec than ones doing more dps.

No it doesnt. Sorcs are ok, they only need some changes to rotation but not buff to dps

Sorcs need a slight buff. Its solo target sustained damage is the worst in the game.

It's sustained damage very good. If it will have more dps buff it will become a great fotm. I think it needs a rotational changes, something like a a passive buff which makes vanguish hit harder on 2-3 hits while target is above 35% hp which occurs once every 3 seconds or some changes to utilities. But a buff for all on 3%? No, no

It's sustained damage very good. If it will have more dps buff it will become a great fotm. I think it needs a rotational changes, something like a a passive buff which makes vanguish hit harder on 2-3 hits while target is above 35% hp which occurs once every 3 seconds or some changes to utilities. But a buff for all on 3%? No, no

Yeah. Dps boost when target has 35%hp would enough to get in line with other sustained rDPS classes.

I would agree with you a 5% buff before, but seeing most other dps specs getting nerfed, I think Madness might be perfectly balanced where it's at right now

5% is way too much (across the board). All it needs is a bit of improvement pre execute phase on single target sustained. Execute phase on good crits it can already clock 10k+ and becomes one of the best rdps if not best at that point. It's just when a target is higher than 30% health that sustained is a bit low right now - and that is why is parses low overall at the moment as 75-80% of the parse you spend in pre-execute phase.

Anyways I keep up neck-and-neck dps wise with the viru sniper in my ops group but I have to really work for it (have higher apm).

Edited by ottffsse

• 2 weeks later...
5% is way too much (across the board). All it needs is a bit of improvement pre execute phase on single target sustained. Execute phase on good crits it can already clock 10k+ and becomes one of the best rdps if not best at that point. It's just when a target is higher than 30% health that sustained is a bit low right now - and that is why is parses low overall at the moment as 75-80% of the parse you spend in pre-execute phase.

Anyways I keep up neck-and-neck dps wise with the viru sniper in my ops group but I have to really work for it (have higher apm).

if you can trluly keep up with him id suggest getting another sniper player ^^

• 2 weeks later...