[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

Had they fixed it when it was reported, when beta build 11/28 went live and people were reporting...hey *** is with the low resolution armor textures, this wasn't in the last build (and it wasn't in the last build)....then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

This is one thing I can't understand about some developers.

If you tell the playerbase WHY something has happened, they will generally be lenient. Sure, there is always someone to flames, but "not knowing" is altogether worse than being left high and dry with no explanation.

The other thing I don't understand is the fear of giving eta's. Cryptic actually has a practice of posting things "in development" by the devs in a special thread on the forums for their respective games, and a relative ETA. If something gets pushed back, they apologize, and explain why. (we needed to re-do this. Something came up and we needed to do this first, rights holders said this, etc.) Some people flame. The majority nod their head and thank them for the heads-up.

The Blizzard-esque development mentality of SAY NOTHING, only breeds resentment since its essentially telling the customer base its not adult enough to understand what happened.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your answer will come in the form of no medium option.

Bioware is obviously trying to decide which option will cost them more subscribers.

Putting in textures and being a moderately hard to run game.

or

Continuing to lie about the non-existance of textures.

The game wouldn't be any harder to run! Are you that oblvious? :confused:

It's a CHOICE to have a High setting! You do not have to set it to HIGH if your system can't handle it! Get it? :mad:

Am i the only person who realizes they havent fixed anything?

They just make press releases saying they know the problems exist.

Then they put it in patch notes but it continues to be broken.

A week ago they said my chat bug and CTD bugs would be fixed. They still happen daily.

They said emotes on speeders were fixed 2 patches ago and they still dont work.

They literally lie about EVERYTHING.

The game wouldn't be any harder to run! Are you that oblvious? :confused:

It's a CHOICE to have a High setting! You do not have to set it to HIGH if your system can't handle it! Get it? :mad:

Again, i'm agreeing with you.

However, you can run Battlefield 3 on low with a intel pentium 4 processor.

People still call Battlefield 3 a hard game to run.

Other people dont think the same way you do.

The game is not possessing LOD correctly. The game is placing priority on objects other than those viewable to the player. its a problem http://community.heroengine.com/foru...ge;topic=228.0

I for one want to hear that its a known issue and that its being fixed, and not brushed under the rug with a change to the wording in the prefs menu.

Let me detail possible issues that could be caused by improper LOD. Massive ram use, constant HD access, CPU and GPU heat issues, random Low frames. And when we look in the Tech support forum what do we find? Massive ram use, constant HD access, CPU and GPU heat issues, random Low frames.

I want to hear that this is or isnt causing those issues. I want to be assured that this game isnt lowering the life expectancy of my GPU and CPU.

Dont even get me started on the Hero engine. There are plenty of threads about that.. (explicitive)...

get a better video card or computer than maybe the game will look better

The issue is obviously that if they put in the high res textures, they will have to make the recommended requirements highers, and the CONSENSUS belief about the game will be that it requires a decent computer to run.

Now, with this new scenario, they can have everyone who hasnt read this post convinced that they are playing on high, blissfully excited that their computer is strong enough to run KOTOR 3.

They are currently trying to decide if creating that fantasy is worth losing the people threatening to unsub.

Personally I wont unsub i could care less if my guys t-shirt is blurry.

But this WILL leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Why are some of us accepting the status quo? We expected to have high rez textures at launch (from viewing the media on the site). Plus GW2 already has high rez texture option in their game and its still months away from release.
I don't think you can really compare ArenaNet's art team to anything else in the MMO industry. There were games that came out years after Guild Wars that still paled in comparison. GW and GW2 are incredible exceptions and do not make the rule.

The issue is obviously that if they put in the high res textures, they will have to make the recommended requirements highers, and the CONSENSUS belief about the game will be that it requires a decent computer to run.

Now, with this new scenario, they can have everyone who hasnt read this post convinced that they are playing on high, blissfully excited that their computer is strong enough to run KOTOR 3.

They are currently trying to decide if creating that fantasy is worth losing the people threatening to unsub.

Personally I wont unsub i could care less if my guys t-shirt is blurry.

But this WILL leave a sour taste in my mouth.

The reason I would and WILL unsub, is how Bioware is handling these issues!

Trying to "stealth" change graphic settings in the UI is shady and "underhand" practice.

If they pull this kind of crap on this issue, they will do it again with other issues!

The conclusion is then REAL simple! It means we CAN NOT trust Bioware!

Are you gonna pay a montly sub to a company that pulls this kind of crap? A company you CAN NOT trust? I sure as hell won't! :mad:

Edited by Jeronas

Id be fine with the high resolution textures being cut scene only, as that is the only time in really even see my personal character avatar.

I'm just tired of being lied to about the existence of bugs.

And REALLY tired of seeing patch notes that claim bugs are fixed when they clearly arent.

Again, i'm agreeing with you.

However, you can run Battlefield 3 on low with a intel pentium 4 processor.

People still call Battlefield 3 a hard game to run.

Other people dont think the same way you do.

LOL no you can't. The game may start but I can assure you it won't be in any playable state. Statements like these are how you can always tell those who don't know what they're talking about.

How do I know: My brother was trying for a week to get it to run on a Pentium D dual core 3.0g did it run yes, was it playable no way.

This has nothing to do with people thinking like other people, it has to do with some that know what they're talking about and those that do not....such as yourself.

The game is not possessing LOD correctly. The game is placing priority on objects other than those viewable to the player. its a problem http://community.heroengine.com/foru...ge;topic=228.0

I for one want to hear that its a known issue and that its being fixed, and not brushed under the rug with a change to the wording in the prefs menu.

Let me detail possible issues that could be caused by improper LOD. Massive ram use, constant HD access, CPU and GPU heat issues, random Low frames. And when we look in the Tech support forum what do we find? Massive ram use, constant HD access, CPU and GPU heat issues, random Low frames.

I want to hear that this is or isnt causing those issues. I want to be assured that this game isnt lowering the life expectancy of my GPU and CPU.

Dont even get me started on the Hero engine. There are plenty of threads about that.. (explicitive)...

Trions engines are slick. They are going to be released as a liscense matter o fact investora are clamoring for trion to move public. Any mmo in pre production looking to relase in next 4 years should watch that team closely and how they handled xevolpment

The reason I would and WILL unsub, is how Bioware is handling these issues!

Trying to "stealth" change graphic settings in the UI is shady and "underhand" practice.

If they pull this kind of crap on this issue, they will do it again with other issues!

The conclusion is then REAL simple! It means we CAN NOT trust Bioware!

Are you gonna pay a montly sub to a company that pulls this kind of crap? A company you CAN NOT trust? I sure as hell won't! :mad:

EA has been doing these sorts of things for years.

They also like to buy our their competitors and shut down their servers.

I dont see how anyone is surprised.

You bring up an excellent point, but let me add something: when Steven posted, it was already today, the 10th. It was only yesterday for people living in on the west coast. I'm looking at his post right now: "Today , 01:22 AM"

It's possible the response will come Wednesday, the 11th.

The 10th may still be today in the context of his post. We are not yet in tomorrow.

Dev tracker shows 522pm Jan 10th for his post.

get a better video card or computer than maybe the game will look better

Thats a fairly asinine response. I'm on a 6 core i7 975 with 12GB of RAM using a GTX 470 Fermi with 488 Stream Processors and 1.5GB of GDDR5. If the armor textures look like crap in everything but cutscenes its not the hardware thats the problem. Its been evidently shown, time and time again that it is not a user hardware issue.

LOL no you can't. The game may start but I can assure you it won't be in any playable state. Statements like these are how you can always tell those who don't know what they're talking about.

How do I know: My brother was trying for a week to get it to run on a Pentium D dual core 3.0g did it run yes, was it playable no way.

This has nothing to do with people thinking like other people, it has to do with some that know what they're talking about and those that do not....such as yourself.

I dont think your friend has a 3.0 Pentium D.

I dont think you have ever played Battlefield 3.

I think you put every game on high and complain on the forums because you cant afford better hardware.