Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

GeorgZoeller

Allow Slicers to unlock Augment slots on armor and weapons with a risk of it deleting the item. Let us be SLICERS!!!

Let us do it for our friends too for a price through the trade window.

That's my one fix for something.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to keep some players, you gotta add this patch like next week, alot of people is gonna quit or rather give up on this game due to the many bugs currently not being fixed, bad pve content (**** bugged aswell but cleared all modes everything) and ofcourse the rakata weapons thats been like that since beta, cmon?

Know atleast half of my guild's just gonna give up when our current playtime runs out unless things get fixed quick because none is going to sit around and pay for the game while we wait 5 more months for you to fix things...

This is only my own opinon and other guildies, atleast we feel this is the current truth about the game, or the sinking ship as many call it.

As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

That's great news! Even though my main is a Battlemaster that, more often than not, benefits from a gear advantage, I've always felt that gear played much too large of role in PvP.

Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE. Whats wrong with you PvP obsessed people? Also if what you are talking about were to happen would that make every pvper automatically pick whatever craft was capable of doing that so that they wouldn't be forced to be slaved to the market? Only way that works is if mutiple crafting professions had access to this ability and if that is what you wanted to say you left it out of your post.

Georg was actually talking about Biochem and how it gives people an unfair advantage in both PvP and PvE, so clearly your reading comprehension is total ****.

Secondly, why are you taking a comment personally? So what if he commented on PvP? Is your fanboism really blinding you so badly that you'll defend something for absolutely no reason other than you just being a nerd?

What wasn't addressed is the fact that there are no real money sinks in the game, thus is a player driven model not possible nor reachable the way current things are. Please, can somebody list stuff to spend your millions of endgame credits on? Speeder collection? Massive amounts of blue Biochem medpacs? Even those don't qualify as real 'money sinks' leaving credits at endgame totally useless unless you're one of those who respec every other second, but then again, that's not how to use the respec vendor, even the devs stated that.

The daily Ilum/Belsavis quests alone yield about 100-200k every day - not counting the credit gained from the ridiculous amount of blue, orange and purple items that you will acquire every time (most of the time I just NPC the loot) - and they only take approx 1h to complete and are all soloable.

Edited by darthtoph

Hi,

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

Regards

Georg

Mr. Zoeller,

I can't thank you enough for realizing the importance of skill and making the difference between armors significantly less. However, is this really all? Please look into these threads to see what your PvP fanbase is discussing. You're an MMO expert, so please try to pick out the best things from other games or ideas you can come up with. The PvE in this game is phenomenal...PvP not at all, no offense intended.

Bag System: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=245074

Broken Resolve: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=136453

PvP wins not counting: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=257011

Ilum Awefullness - Suggestions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234156

Competitiveness: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=259178

DAoC - yet again. It's everywhere: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=261488

1-49 better PvP: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=259238

More Ilum suggestions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=209542

Please give more feedback on PvP. I've got two months left on my sub, and atm I'm not enjoying PvP at all. I, along with others, will unsub most likely if this doesn't become fun and competitive.

Edited by GameNirvana

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

This is absolutely awesome!

Keep up the fantastic work, guys! :cool:

I'm an Artificer, 400. Been playing since beta. This is directed to Bioware and it's a simple question of custom gear and designs.

I like the look of an armor, or a light saber, or even a gun.

Why is it that I'm not allowed to reverse engineer it to add to my list of creations? Even if it means adding it as a green, making it into a blue, and then a purple, and finally an orange, I don't mind having to work at it to get a real recipe model.

If you're serious about custom itemization, then we should be able to take a found item that we like it's appearance and change it into an orange piece. Even if it's not 100%, even if it's 5%, I'd like in the future for me to be able to actually design 'outfits' and 'weapon sets'.

An example of this, is the hideous outfits you keep putting Jedi Sentinel's into.

Another example of this, is the fact that our best tier 3 Rakata and Battlemaster lightsabers... do not even match. Come on, it's not a challenge and it's certainly not difficult, but please show a little more love to the custom gear makers, and make us actually able to look cool and different. (We know you love Sith, but really?)

Thanks.

Edited by Edgedy

Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE. Whats wrong with you PvP obsessed people? Also if what you are talking about were to happen would that make every pvper automatically pick whatever craft was capable of doing that so that they wouldn't be forced to be slaved to the market? Only way that works is if mutiple crafting professions had access to this ability and if that is what you wanted to say you left it out of your post.

As stated previously by Bioware. PvP currently makes up over 50% of the community, so game balance must be considered in such a way.

While I could rant about these changes both for and against, I'll try to keep it quick.

So you want to make biochem less of a 'mandatory' skill. That's a really good goal. Taking the biochem restrictions off of some of the craftables, that's a really good idea too. By doing that, you've already closed the gap between those with, and those without biochem. So why nerf their (and I stress the word) exclusives? Isn't that what sets them apart? I would love to have an augment slot on my relics, but I can't. That's exclusive to Artificers. Saying that "it saves you money over the long run, that's what makes it exclusive" is a pretty poor excuse considering how unbelievably easy it is to get credits.

Nerfing PVP gear? Are you crazy? Most pvpers use the 2piece PVE a long with their PVP gear as it is. Lets cut to the meat of this problem: There is a no-mans-land between fresh 50 and geared for heroics. The only thing to fill that gap is the dailies for barrels/hilts and armoring.

You need to make the high level normal mode FPs worth doing. The reason people are feeling such a big gap in PVP is because they're PVPing to GEAR for HARDMODES in many cases. Heck, it's what I did. I'm not a hardcore pvp'er, only Valor 38, I got most of the Champion pieces, some Centurion. I notice a difference between when I wear it and when I don't, and I should. It's made specifically for this task. I've been worked over by people wearing pve gear plenty of times. Is it because PVE gear is OP? Not so much, PVP gear underpowered? Not so much. Most times it was back playing on my part or better playing on theirs. The difference isn't that great, atleast not between ungeared/Centurion/Champion gear that you're completely screwed without it. Many have said already to just add another entry level set. (Also, huge agreement on the bag system being completely wack).

Taking out purple mods and such? I'm actually okay with that. Since they'll be bound anyways, you had to earn it originally. But...lets not forget enhancements that don't have Primary Stats on them. I can see that easily being abused.

I think I know one good fix for crafting usefulness. The dailies give you the best mods outside of Ops. Who needs an Arms/Cyber to craft you one with your over inflated mats when you can just do some dailies? You shouldn't have made the daily rewards quit as good as the crafted ones in my opinion. But with all these incoming changes, and I haven't completely thought this next comment through, but oranges might be a bit too good when it's all said and done. The only saving grace of tiered gear that I can see is the set bonuses (which are a strong point in using them over orange gear.)

Edited by Lunesca

Some of the future content seems promising. However, most of the other crafting professions do not have enough unique max skill level items to craft that compare to PvP gear.

If the expertise stats from PVP gear would be on a mod/armor/enhancement slot and allow players to remove it and place it into crafted gear, there would be a reason to sell orange crafted gear at end game.

You missed that part: "extractable basemods"

Expertise are part of the hilt/barrel/armoring

Awesome change, now all im missing is what will legacy be! D:

Edited by ElitehunterDS

On a more general note about crafting, our changes to make BioChem consumables freely tradeable are just a small first step as part of a larger scale effort to extend our crafting gameplay, for all professions, into the endgame.

Destroy Biochem so you you have to raid for something usefull?

Do you guys even have one guy who plays the game, but was not part of the development?

Someone who is free to tell you if an idea is plainly horrible? Do you listen to him or ignore him like the homeless guy on your way home?

"Bob is just crazy. Ignore him. He did not finish his Ilum Quest yet. His bloodsugar is low. No lunch untill the weekly is done, Bob!"

While I could rant about these changes both for and against, I'll try to keep it quick.

So you want to make biochem less of a 'mandatory' skill. That's a really good goal. Taking the biochem restrictions off of some of the craftables, that's a really good idea too. By doing that, you've already closed the gap between those with, and those without biochem. So why nerf their (and I stress the word) exclusives? Isn't that what sets them apart? I would love to have an augment slot on my relics, but I can't. That's exclusive to Artificers. Saying that "it saves you money over the long run, that's what makes it exclusive" is a pretty poor excuse considering how unbelievably easy it is to get credits.

Nerfing PVP gear? Are you crazy? Most pvpers use the 2piece PVE a long with their PVP gear as it is. Lets cut to the meat of this problem: There is a no-mans-land between fresh 50 and geared for heroics. The only thing to fill that gap is the dailies for barrels/hilts and armoring.

You need to make the high level normal mode FPs worth doing. The reason people are feeling such a big gap in PVP is because they're PVPing to GEAR for HARDMODES in many cases. Heck, it's what I did. I'm not a hardcore pvp'er, only Valor 38, I got most of the Champion pieces, some Centurian. I notice a difference between when I wear it and when I don't, and I should. It's made specifically for this task. I've been worked over by people wearing pve gear plenty of times. Is it because PVE gear is OP? Not so much, PVP gear underpowered? Not so much. Most times it was back playing on my part or better playing on theirs. The difference isn't that great, atleast not between ungeared/Centurion/Champion gear that you're completely screwed without it. Many have said already to just add another entry level set. (Also, huge agreement on the bag system being completely wack).

Taking out purple mods and such? I'm actually okay with that. Since they'll be bound anyways, you had to earn it originally. But...lets not forget enhancements that don't have Primary Stats on them. I can see that easily being abused.

I think I know one good fix for crafting usefulness. The dailies give you the best mods outside of Ops. Who needs an Arms/Cyber to craft you one with your over inflated mats when you can just do some dailies? You shouldn't have made the daily rewards quit as good as the crafted ones in my opinion. But with all these incoming changes, and I haven't completely thought this next comment through, but oranges might be a bit too good when it's all said and done. The only saving grace of tiered gear that I can see is the set bonuses (which are a strong point in using them over tiered gear.)

My Artifice gear is BOE, even my custom light sabers... bind on equip. We get 1 'special' relic, but guess what, it's replaced by a drop in Karagga's. You get unlimited use on the majority of your materials, reusable are still reuseable and biochem only.

Exotech was effected (Which I add, is a drop found in raid that when you 'try' to learn it doesn't even add it to your book.) So I'm not exactly sure why you're complaining.

I'm not even going to try and say that Artifice isn't awful. Didn't know the orange weapons were BoE though. So that's one less thing for you to complain about if anything. I don't see how you think unlimited use from materials means anything. There's not a finite amount of materials for any craft. That's the sort of thing that makes these skills a target. Instead of saying 'why is my skill difficult with little rewards?" you say "Well look at those guys over there! They got it easy!" It's true, Biochem is an insanely simple skill with great benefits. But that's not the point. The point is they want it to not be part of the Ready To Raid Checklist.

Instead of lowering PvP Gear already in the game. Add PvP Mods that are craftable! Mods with Expertise so people can work the economy and buy some when they hit 50 and not be a punching bag.

I like this,but it would be easier to just add back the blue 50 pvp gear which i had a full set of before i even hit 40,or better yet they could add back ALL OF THE PVP GEAR FROM 8 UP THAT WAS IN THE BETA.That way the hardcore ppl don't have to have all the hard work they did thrown away cause the Casual players get owned by ppl who know how to play.

Hell on my 11 Op i was able to out medal and out damage 40's because i knew how to stay alive longer,and play better to put out more constant damage,so Gear isn't the problem in pvp Causal players sucking, and thinking it's cause of gear is the problem,or BW sucking at PVP and blaming it on gear is the problem.

Just give a crafting skill the schematic to make something like an Augmentation Device consumable which can be used by other players to put Augment slots onto their gear and we're in business. Heck, you could even throw in a Reusable Augmentation Device schematic. ;)

Instant relevance of augments across the galaxy and people can finally get augment slots on the ton of existing non-augment slotted (custom/prototype/artifact) gear that's randomly dropped by mobs as well and could never get an augment slot otherwise. Simple and effective. :cool:

I for one would definitely seek out a player who can craft such items for me, so my coveted Jedi Battlelord gear can also be enhanced with augments.

This This and more This. This would help to ensure that crit-crafted gear was not BiS compared to raid gear drops. It would also create more markets for each profession, etc.