So who is unsubbing

Dafydil

you know mate, before you actually come crying about how badly the lag is going to kill your game, have you tried rolling on harbinger to see how it is? Ive been playing MMOs before there was ever an APAC server, overcoming the lag is easy, id actually consider spouting the pvpers mantra of l2p.

First, I played on The Harbinger prior to APAC servers opening up. The lag was variable, but usually about 550-600ms, which is enough to seriously hinder top-end content. I gladly xferred to Dalborra the day it opened.

Second, I've been playing MMOs for years myself - including on US servers. But I started playing SWTOR at least partly because APAC players were promised their own server, and having lived briefly in New York, I fully grasped the difference it made in gameplay. So I quit World of Warcraft to come play SWTOR.....worst decision ever.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have they not designed a cross server game-play style that WoW provides.....REALITY..... because they are not willing to spend the money to invest in this, as our concerns as APAC subscribers mean nothing to them. WE ARE A MINORITY.

(WoW did this and surprise, surprise...... the game began to succeed with faster queue times, a higher population growth of happier gamers and eventually a dedicated Australian server was also formed. You think for a game that had millions spent on it, and for it to compete with the biggest MMO, Bioware and EA would have had this covered to help population issues among servers.... :rolleyes:)

I came from Harbinger like many of us Aussies did. I am getting 75-129mms on Dalborra atm and I dread to think what it will be on Harbinger upon transfer. Won't lag times increase even more when they shift everyone over there? Do people forget when you had to line in a queue of 200ppl for 30mins on a weekend to simply log in????

Looks like my assassin will now be turning into a rogue.....can't believe I never rolled one before when I played.

Check it b4 they wreck it...

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1/signatures.html

/UNSUBSCRIBE C-BOMB

'It's like paying money for a freshly cooked steak. Then a year and a bit later they start serving you 3 day old 'lag steak' for the same price.' :)

Edited by TERRA-AUSTRALIS

I unsubscribed both of my accounts (mine and my wife's) just then. Saddens me, as I enjoyed playing with many of you (and hated playing against some of you just enough to make it enjoyable).

I wish everyone all the best in their future endeavours, whether they be gaming-related ones, or real life ones.

Take care all.

P.S. I will miss you, Huttball.

I unsubscribed both of my accounts (mine and my wife's) just then. Saddens me, as I enjoyed playing with many of you (and hated playing against some of you just enough to make it enjoyable).

I wish everyone all the best in their future endeavours, whether they be gaming-related ones, or real life ones.

Take care all.

P.S. I will miss you, Huttball.

dude your probably the only jugg that can pull vengeance off, sad to see you go ]:

dude your probably the only jugg that can pull vengeance off, sad to see you go ]:

Eh, I'm not in the least upset about it. I've been on less and less due to real life commitments.

For those that would like to know, though, my reasoning for leaving is simple: It's not that I can't play with lag or bad ping, it's I choose to let my actions speak instead of shouting words. I don't like having to pay for anything that is not of a suitably high standard. I remember playing on US servers with the shuddering on worlds like Alderaan that gave me a headache. I'm not going to pay for something and say 'Oh, I guess I can live with that.'

If I have to make comprises, I won't be enjoying the game.

As I said, to those I've played with and against, I truly wish you all well. Whether you stick with the game or move on is not important in the slightest.

Additionally, it was time for me to unsub as mine was due to roll over tomorrow and I pay 6 months at a time. I shall save my monies for the time being until I find some other way to waste them =P

In the meantime I'll be FtP and likely seen running circles of the PvP area on the fleet doing nothing important whatsoever ... should probably give my credits to someone, though lol

Most likely, yeah. "Krackers" is not available as a name, makes me sad. + Terribad ping. + Friends leaving = One sad scoundrel.

As much as I hate to admit, I'm pretty much the same on this one. Pvp and friends are the key reason I've stayed in this game far longer than I originally intended, and it saddens me to know that I'm not only going to lose all my character names but furthermore am going to lose a community of awesome people that I've come to greatly enjoy (Even if there is the odd moaning and groaning in guild politics!!).

Krackers and Lycaon, it has been a blast playing with you guys :)

Wishing everyone all the best, Cynth.

Eh, I'm not in the least upset about it. I've been on less and less due to real life commitments.

For those that would like to know, though, my reasoning for leaving is simple: It's not that I can't play with lag or bad ping, it's I choose to let my actions speak instead of shouting words. I don't like having to pay for anything that is not of a suitably high standard. I remember playing on US servers with the shuddering on worlds like Alderaan that gave me a headache. I'm not going to pay for something and say 'Oh, I guess I can live with that.'

If I have to make comprises, I won't be enjoying the game.

As I said, to those I've played with and against, I truly wish you all well. Whether you stick with the game or move on is not important in the slightest.

Additionally, it was time for me to unsub as mine was due to roll over tomorrow and I pay 6 months at a time. I shall save my monies for the time being until I find some other way to waste them =P

In the meantime I'll be FtP and likely seen running circles of the PvP area on the fleet doing nothing important whatsoever ... should probably give my credits to someone, though lol

buy weekly wz passes \o/

I rolled on Harbinger again about a week ago and was surprised to find my ping was about 180 most of the time. Problem is it tended to spike (due to others usage) when it was 30 on Dalborra. I'll definitely give it a try. Edited by muzzington

I'm sorry to say that my husband and I are both unsubscribing and we've maintained a subscription each since launch. I have to say that I'm also disappointed that I came across the news about the APAC servers closing via a PCGamer article on Reddit and not via an email directly from EA/Bioware first.

Jedi Covenant would welcome you all! We have a pretty good pvp scene with good players and some solid pve guilds also. Maybe not as hardcore as some EU guilds though...anyways yeah sorry to hear about what they are doing to your servers.

Jedi Covenant would welcome you all! We have a pretty good pvp scene with good players and some solid pve guilds also. Maybe not as hardcore as some EU guilds though...anyways yeah sorry to hear about what they are doing to your servers.

we are not unsubbing coz the server are off to is crap, its more the fact for most of us our ping will go up from 30- 60 to 200 -300. makes PVP less fun.

Logged on just to post about this when I heard what was happening. I think the manner of this announcement is pretty damn unprofessional.

This should have come out as an official email as a heads up, not as some forum post buried in the depths of the internet where the vast majority of players will never see it. I and my wife never visit the forums, we have been subscribed since day 1 and really enjoy the game. So we've both just cancelled our subscriptions as much because of how this has been handled as for the actual server closures.

However that said, the community only has itself to blame on this one. It sets a very bad precedent for us getting any company in the future to provide regional servers. I have seen AU players actually complain about the regional servers, as soon as I saw that it was only a matter of time before they got cancelled. The state of the game is also on the community of gamers at large.

It was doing well, until a long campaign of bad press (often undeserved) killed it. At the time people were saying the game was dying it had over a million active subscribers. Before F2P was even mentioned it was doing well with very healthy populations. Then the media starts hammering the game, saying they were losing people. Well it's a self fulfilling prophecy idiots. Sheople will believe anything they read on the web. So people leave, F2P becomes a reality and the gaming public loses a great game through it's own cynicism and lack of forethought.

While I personally believe a merge into Dalborra would have been the best for all involved, it isn't surprising that this has happened. I'm doing a long post about this because I don't expect to be back much. I really hate to see such a ground breaking, story driven product fail purely through Chinese Whispers and poorly researched, outright false accusations in the gaming media. It's a classic example of "If you say a lie often enough and loud enough, it becomes the truth".

use a pokemon name, there are so many to pick from

I bags "Jigglypuff" for my Marauder.

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-23/art/pc-jigglypuff.jpg

I have been on 80ms (best ever was in the mid 70s) since day dot and even that could be improved.

The number of times I would lose out avoiding stun by hitting a stun; the number of times I lose a leap to leap contests in 1v1s (yes, I spam the living **** out of my sole key-mapped skill but still cant match anyone on the server) ; the number of times I hit a skill and have it apparently execute and go on GCD or CD, only to find the server already aware of the stun or interrupt beforehand, sucks.

I have a juggernaut on The Bastion at 250ms ping at level 30. 250ms is a disadvantage and it is less fun than 80ms for melee classes dealing with lots of focus fire/focus stun.

Unsub? I don't know yet. :( Leaving this game would make me sad frogpanda. I will hang around, provided they don't **** up the migrations too badly.

Edited by HolyFrogx

I've unsubbed, I played on an American server when the game first came out long before our APAC servers. I am not going back to that, I put up with the latency in those days because I KNEW we were getting our own servers. My Latency goes from 40ms on Dalborra to 200-400ms on Harbinger. Lag that high kills PvP and wipes whole raid groups when circles lag in Ops. If we have to merge our servers it would of been a better option to merge the 3 APAC servers into 1 server. Edited by Padarik