Bioware, we want to be able to CHOOSE our warzones

lennert

This has bothered me since launch, I love huttball but I always get stuck in any other warzone.

I just think it would make PvP more attractive and more fun for everyone

Does no one understand, that if we could choose specific warzones, a lot of the other warzones wouldn't get played.

After all the time spent to build them? but thats only a minor issue.

The REAL problem would be, ppl would be building SPECIFIC premades and owning you in that warzone, and Vice Versa.

And Quite franly, a lot of you might think you're good just because you have gear or ARE geared, But you would be so so wrong.

I've seen Elite War heros Do terrible in groups and even 1v1s. Just in general it would be a terrible idea. Especially for the Newcomers who happen to enjoy that Perticular WZ but can't play it cause all the Pros will spam that warzone and win alll the time against the bads. (just because tey are bad doesn't mean they won't get better).

But eventually, just about anyone, would get tired of LOSING that one warzone they love to play all the time. its bad enough that we lose it to Pugs or just in general, the opposing side always seems to be better then you.

And there are tons of other reasons why, that i'd be willing to debate on.

I think the 'likely' issues with being able to choose which WZ could cause problems, it would really depend on the size of populations (cross server anyone?) but perhaps an alternative to choosing which WZ you want to play would be to weight each War Zone preferentially, something like a a pool of 10 points that you can assign to each war zone, minimum 1 point.

So you could tag Ancient Hyper-gate with 1 point, making it your least favourite WZ and the last thing you should be queued to play, you could assign 6 points to Hutt Ball, 1 to each of the others and in theory end up playing 6 times as many HB games as any of the others,.

There has to be some form of choice other than quitting every Ancient Hyper-gate that pops, leaving a team a man down till backfill dumps some other player who doesn't want to play it into it.

Not unless they release more warzones and implement cross server queues for regs which will never happen. Keep it random. Classes who's roles fit better for certain warzones will only be queuing for those warzones. If I know I could only get huttball my team would be two tank jugs an assassin and a sorc, boom win.

would love a hybrid of the current system with a pvp match browser

Make the maps have a standard rotation (though this may make people quit out of matches more idk) aka cw-->vs-->hb--->lc---->ah---> back to cw

keep the random q from anywhere no change to that if someone wants to do it

add a server/warzone browser feature showing the matches currently being played with how many slots are full/empty. If the match is full one could choose that queue/server to wait for an open spot.

I'm sure this will never happen, but I think it would have merits, so if you didn't like hb for instance you could choose to q for a match that is currently doing lost coast, so you wouldn't see hb for at least 3 maps in your queue

Everyone dislikes certain warzones, but giving us a choice would only make the queues worse as everyone would only play certain warzones forcing others to choose that warzone as well. The way it is currently is perfectly fine as it keeps all the maps consistently played.

Random keeps your versatile skills up.. And prevents people from specializing and making perfect premades. The random queue is perfectly fine. But if they introduced another system, ie pick and choose your maps in RWZ, that'd be the best bet. Because a rated would have specialized teams that can play eachother competitively. The only map I do like is huttball, but I don't mind the random queue.. Sometimes you get stuck with a bad team, sometimes you get a good team, but it's not a rated match so, it's fine. It just poses too many problems for the whole community and only caters to specific players. So having map choices in a RWZ format would be a better option than for the "public" queue system.

Random keeps your versatile skills up.. And prevents people from specializing and making perfect premades. The random queue is perfectly fine. But if they introduced another system, ie pick and choose your maps in RWZ, that'd be the best bet. Because a rated would have specialized teams that can play eachother competitively. The only map I do like is huttball, but I don't mind the random queue.. Sometimes you get stuck with a bad team, sometimes you get a good team, but it's not a rated match so, it's fine. It just poses too many problems for the whole community and only caters to specific players. So having map choices in a RWZ format would be a better option than for the "public" queue system.

What you say is true. But perhaps they could make it a daily? Let people choose their warzones for let's say 3 warzones a day. That way people can't keep on playing the same warzone but you could choose your warzones to get the daily done.