Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

I unsubbed - I can still play for free so log on occasionaly top reasons why I unsubbed

1) Lack of species (characater creation) I wanted to create my hero and experiance his story but I feel like I am playing a single player story driven linar game not an MMO.

2) Lack of non combact options. Other than flashpoints, PvP and Operations there is nothing to do at lv 50 no social aspect at all

3) Lack of choice that matter, I seem to have made a load of choices through the game and none have mattered once I left that small instance

4) Naff space combat, I enjoy doing things other than flashpoints and dailys but the current rail shooter is a mini game not a space game,

5) Lack of RP - even on a RP server with no chat bubbles and the lack of social aspecs not to mention the very strong single person aspect of the game there is no roleplay or even things to allow roleplay.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Generic class / ability / combat-system

- Forced weapon and lightsaber use depending on class

- No re-customization of character

- Armor / Outfit design and art + no Armor / Outfit dye (weapon / vehicle / spacecraft dye?)

- Static encounters, static planets, static dialog- no real choices

- No Chat-Bubbles and other useful RP-tools like a bio-tab, sitting in chairs etc

- Shoe-Horned-Linear-Choked-Claustrophobic overall game-design and game-mechanics

- Fantasy-inspired visuals of force powers

- Terrible implementation of F2P and the Cartel Shop

- TERRIBLE Space-Game

- Terrible Crafting-Game

- Terrible Itemization and Tiers

- Lack of horizontal game-play, progression / commendation-gain

- Expertise stat in PvP

- No open world-PvP

- No sandbox elements

- Lack of Star Wars and lack of Wars in Star Wars and lack of Star in Star Wars

-Hype pre and post-launch and all the lies - a game out of control, out of dedication and out of vision

the list goes on, but I'm gonna stop there..

I'm out and I'm done with this game. It sucks because i love Star Wars and I'd like to play a Star Wars mmoRPg but enough is enough of poor choices, poor decisions, poor implementation and lies from the developers.

catch you on the flip-side.

- Armor / Outfit design and art + no Armor / Outfit dye (weapon / vehicle / spacecraft dye?)

- No Chat-Bubbles and other useful RP-tools like a bio-tab, sitting in chairs etc

- Shoe-Horned-Linear-Choked-Claustrophobic overall game-design and game-mechanics

- TERRIBLE Space-Game

- Terrible Crafting-Game

- Expertise stat in PvP

- No open world-PvP

- No sandbox elements

-Hype pre and post-launch and all the lies - a game out of control, out of dedication and out of vision

I'm out and I'm done with this game. It sucks because i love Star Wars and I'd like to play a Star Wars mmoRPg but enough is enough of poor choices, poor decisions, poor implementation and lies from the developers.

Mostly this and the simple fact that small things like light sabers turning off unify color scheme stuff like that are broke after a year. That and paid transfers are not even here and i have to play on 2 different servers still cause of server population problems from 7 months ago. There is a lot of thing wrong but little things and the fact everything seem to put off or delayed for the f2p cartel market I don't see the game getting content or anything anytime soon.

Just cancelled my recurring subscription. I have until the middle of February before my paid time runs out. My reasons for leaving?

1) Misleading Advertising. The CE Vendor has not been regularly updated as advertised.

2) Poor game performance. I had never before played WoW, until a few weeks ago. My system runs so much better, and at a much higher graphics setting than it ever has on this game.

3) The Cartel Market. I refuse to participate in a blatant money grab scheme.

4) Nerfing classes based solely on PvP Whining, and destroying a viable class in PvE. I had to retire my Sorcerer, and raid with my Mercenary to get decent DPS. My Mercenary (Mix of Recruit / Daily Mods Gear) was out performing my Sorcerer (Rakata Gear) by a ton. Yet they have already promised the PvP Whiners that the Sorcerer will get yet another nerf. (Do everyone a favor and just remove the Sorcerer from the game, then perhaps the PvP Whiners can find something else to complain about).

5) The upcoming "expansion". My past experience has taught me that EA/BW promises big, but delivers extremely small, if they deliver at all.

Been here since Beta, Pre-Ordered, Early Access. I kept hoping for thing to get better That is 100% my fault for holding out that hope. They haven't just lost a subscription, they have lost a customer of all their products.

I signed up on this website in Dec. 2008, thinking that this would be the best games ever, well i had unreasonable expectations.

The game is good and enjoyable and i feel i got my money's worth.

And while i have complaints about the game i have to admit that they are all my own personal problems, maybe MMO's aren't for me like i origanally thought.

This game has taught me very valuable lesson, coming into this game i thought story was all that mattered in a good game, i was wrong. the story in this game is great yes but i've learned good gme play is just as important.

While i love to play through the cut-scenes i get a bit bored easily while grinding between them, however i always enjoyed the game as a whole.

I am angry at how BioWare/EA treats its players and its game. Many people on these forums have great ideas on how to improve this game yet they are ignored. Time and time bad decisions have been made and this game has suffered because of it and yet such good ideas from the community are ignored; i am sick of it, the people that stick with this game, even with all the problems it has deserve a lot better then that.

I just want to say that i hope that this game becomes everything its players wish it could be, most importantly i hope it lives a long and prosperous life.

Tolaf signing out.

I hyped this game up ridiculously when it was announced, I was really exited. Upon release I thought the cost was ridiculous and definitely not worth it considering my low performance computer.

As soon as I heard it was free to play I signed up and spent a lot of time enjoying the story and leveling up but once the story was over I realised, wait this is pretty much the same as World of Warcraft and spending enough time in that game showed me the tediousness and meaninglessness of grinding for money and gear at end level. I was then left feeling like SWTOR is some kind of deformed offspring of WOW, possessing a superior storyline but grossly underdeveloped in its multiplayer aspects. In my opinion the MMO aspects are like an unwanted mutated arm growing off what should have been an excellent RPG.

To me it seems obvious that Bioware or EA or both saw Blizzard's massive player base and profits and thought "hey people will pour money into this game if we make it endless and generally just copy everything WOW did".

The truth is they don't give a damn about customer service, a dedicated fan base, or integrity. WOW was losing vast amounts of players by the time this game was even announced so they should have foresaw that people were unhappy with elements in MMORPG'S.

In short I wasted too much money on WOW to have it happen again. Its bad enough working your *** off in real life to have to replicate it in a virtual world and pay hard earned cash for it every month!

A new KOTOR would have been much appreicated!! :mad:

Yeah as soon as my time runs out I'm unsubbing myself.

Top 5 reasons.

1. The BW/EA lies an cover ups Makeb was supposed to be free now it isn't. The BS about getting guild capital ships completely dismissed now. The crap of re-coloring stuff thats already in game an calling it new gear. Them rolling out stuff that was here for free in beta throwing it in cartel packs making people buy it.

2. No sense of Star Wars they can not even get us decent story to go into the Galactic Civil War, chap 3 ends for every class with the announcement we are at war now we get makeb an have to go fight hutts an there minons seriously thank you for taking us farther away from the galactic civil war an all the possibilities that would have opened up.

3. No point to community the way they failed to give guilds a reason to exist. Why when you can get a pug that can do TFB HM why have a guild other than to have your friends in the same chat channel. They failed to bring us guild capital ships which would have acted as guild cities/bases which would have opened up a ton of possibilites to make guilds work together an strive to acheive something. Guild Capital ships----> Guild vs Guild PvP, Ship Raids, A guild specific Operation (oh yes it was done in city of heroes) Guild credit an resource sink working to make it bigger an better.

4. The failed legacy system which goes into the Lies category I guess since it was talked up so much about how great it would be an how if you reached Legacy Level 50 you would have something great. What there isn't anything to purchase from legacy tab for anything over legacy level 30.

5. Space an Crafting Both blow both are horrible the crafting is meh at best but space is horrible I want a personal ship to have space combat against others or just to have a different dynamic it would not be hard to have a good space line look at what SWG did an how it is for STO

So yes once my sub is done so am I especially since there is no reason to sub since you can aquire permanent unlocks for most everything through the market okay well raids an fps well what do you need them for if you are in DG gear already.

Why I would stay:

1) Because my guild is awesome and we're buds.

2) Because the parts of this game that the Real Bioware made are still enjoyable.

Why I would leave:

1) Because EA is a disgusting company that I despise and never want to support with my money.

1a) They stole Real Bioware's good name, fired everyone, and now pretend they're actually Bioware - this faux Bioware EA runs I'll call Fake Bioware.

1b) Their customer service is atrocious. They don't even have a phone number so it's easier for their people to brush off customers without having to even hear their voice.

2) Every update they do makes things worse. They killed open world pvp. They drop prices on things and give no refunds (speeder piloting anyone?)

3) The gear changes suck for 50 pvp. Battlemaster is gone. I spent tons of coms and hours grinding out BM gear, so I could then grind it out more for War Hero. Now people can just get WH gear without the BM grind. Do I get free upgrades on all my BM gear to WH? Of course not.

There are plenty of other reasons but that's enough.

1. Can't get any heroics.
  2. Can't get any flashpoints
  3. Can't get any ops
  4. Can't get any warzones
  5. Can't get Bioware to give any feedback whatsoever on our APAC servers. APAC playerbase is spread across 3 bloody servers.

Basically cannot MMORPG in a MMORPG..... So not paying for that ****...

1. Can't get any heroics.
  2. Can't get any flashpoints
  3. Can't get any ops
  4. Can't get any warzones
  5. Can't get Bioware to give any feedback whatsoever on our APAC servers. APAC playerbase is spread across 3 bloody servers.

wrong. APAC playerbase is spread across all servers include US server,

because no1 want to play at 4xx ms ping lag at ur fake APAC servers,

it make game stuck at some class story that cause game breaking.

came back for some reason last month, bad idea. what can i say, i love star wars, came from wow and this is wow2 to me.

i love the game, even spent a chunk of cash to built a new computer to play this. but it's has problems, some of which ive never understood. i dont find any point in naming anything in particular, cant say i really have much faith in the devs/forum mods seeing this - or anybody's - problems with the game. oh well, if this game wasnt run by ea, then it wuld have a chance. but i have a damn good feeling that the content will dry and the only thing new will be in the cartel shop.

i paid a sub for content, not to pay artists to make items for the cartel shop(some of which are already ingame and done since beta).

i have no problems paying for an expansion pack. but with little to no info on this 'xpac' and what little we do know...well i just dont consider it an xpac and a planet that suppose to be free. it may be a worthwhile dlc pack, but from some other f2p mmo's i've played...dlc's are free for subs.

bleh, it's hard to want to dump time into an mmo when it's life cycle looks (to me) so grim.

i wouold like to be a sub.

bioware, give me a reason!

ea, i liked the old you...really, the OLD you.

• 3 weeks later...
Just cancelled my recurring subscription. I have until the middle of February before my paid time runs out. My reasons for leaving?

1) Misleading Advertising. The CE Vendor has not been regularly updated as advertised.

2) Poor game performance. I had never before played WoW, until a few weeks ago. My system runs so much better, and at a much higher graphics setting than it ever has on this game.

3) The Cartel Market. I refuse to participate in a blatant money grab scheme.

4) Nerfing classes based solely on PvP Whining, and destroying a viable class in PvE. I had to retire my Sorcerer, and raid with my Mercenary to get decent DPS. My Mercenary (Mix of Recruit / Daily Mods Gear) was out performing my Sorcerer (Rakata Gear) by a ton. Yet they have already promised the PvP Whiners that the Sorcerer will get yet another nerf. (Do everyone a favor and just remove the Sorcerer from the game, then perhaps the PvP Whiners can find something else to complain about).

5) The upcoming "expansion". My past experience has taught me that EA/BW promises big, but delivers extremely small, if they deliver at all.

Been here since Beta, Pre-Ordered, Early Access. I kept hoping for thing to get better That is 100% my fault for holding out that hope. They haven't just lost a subscription, they have lost a customer of all their products.

My Raid Group convinced me to give it another few months to see what changes are on the way.

I have been a subscirber for a year now at first i was scaptical about the game because alot of peole left the game and the servers were almost empty, but now it looks good and i have no intention to leave this game after all this is my first mmo and i'm lovlig it:).

- TERRIBLE Space-Game

- Terrible Crafting-Game

- Expertise stat in PvP

- No open world-PvP

- No sandbox elements

All very well put.

Why on Earth aren't the Devs doing anything to sort these things out. What is going on over at Austin that there are so many problems with the game and yet even after losing a million subs and having to go free to play Nothing is done to fix the game.

Has Bioware Austin got so few staff left the best they can do and the future of the game selling people armour that should already (or is already in the game and recoloured) to the players in the Cartel market. Has TOR fallen behind STO in its ability to provide new content?

Ultimately people are explaining very clearly why the game could maintain a subscription model and had to go F2P looking to make money out of lock boxes and gambling rather than a game people want to pay to play. And even EA know its a short term fix as you will run out of things to put in lock boxes that people will pay 5 bucks a time for a 1% chance to win. So why are the devs not coming in with whats being done to address these issues. Or are they being ignored in favour of offering people a tree pet to pre-order a DLC pack that they have no information on?

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I sent to a friend for my reasons for leaving ...

-------------------------------------

Well it looks like my time in SWTOR is coming to an end. I haven’t really played since the 1.4 graphics issues. Each day since my enthusiasm for SWTOR has waned more and more. There are a number of issues that, quite frankly disgust me concerning the direction that SWTOR has taken since F2P/Freemium and the overall miss management and mishandling of SWTOR as a whole.

We both know that Freemium is a ruse to cover the fact that EA and BW miscalculated. SWTOR did not live up to what was promised. To be quite honest I feel that SWTOR is ruining the Star Wars IP. SWTOR is even ruining the memory of KoTOR. Each day the game evolves away from even what BW established in KoTOR to be nothing more than “yet another Sci-Fi” Space Opera with glowy-sticks.

There has been something wrong with each event that has ticked off a portion of the SWTOR player population. While it is true that no game or event is perfect, I have never ever seen such outright hatred for every single event that EAware has tried. It’s like they don’t listen. From boredom to griefing to an outright grind fest, there has been some of each element in every event. How is this fun again? How is this innovative? How is this original?

So basically:

Graphics “fixes” have made it difficult to play.

Events are terrible (which is an insult to the word terrible).

EAware doesn’t listen.

EA lies and is only in it for short term profits.

Freemium was a ruse to disguise the failure of SWTOR and the fact it was overhyped and rushed to market.

Incomplete systems (Legacy … and I am sure the new Reputation system has holes in it, given past performance.

Horrible “space system”

Uninteresting PvP and “forced” (via random) play with no choice to play a particular map.

Raid Bosses that all seem to have the same terrabad mechanic to bezerk just before you take them down.

Crappy Art for Armor and clothing. This stuff is starting to make ST:TNG costumers look good.

Horrible crafting system.

Horrible “auction house” with very little features.

No mini-games to pass time.

Nothing to really collect, and nothing to really explore to see ( no real easter egs).

This is not an AAA MMORPG. This is a mockery of an AAA MMORPG.

I was going to wait for Makeb but, this event is horrible for those that don’t want to PvP. I could stomach it if it was faction v faction. But, FFA is bringing out the jerks and gankers.

I feel as if I wasted every moment I spent in SWTOR. I never felt that way about Anarchy Online, Everquest, EQ2, City of Heros/Villians, Matrix Online, or even the time I spent in Lineage 2 and all the time I spent in SWG ( all three verions).

----------------------------------------

Also this:

Not that you care EA & Bioware. Not that you care at all. As long as you have drones willing to buy the garbage you peddle in your CM Store.

I for one have been here since launch. Early access day one. I have not played regularly since patch 1.4 "graphics improvements". I already paid for Makeb. I am still leaving. I have wasted over a year of my "gamer life" with your sub standard product. I have played EQ, EQ2, AO, CoH/V, SWG (all 3 incarnations), L2, Matrix Online, and WoW. In all those games I do not regret a single second I spent there. I regret the entirety of the last year spent with your substandard product. This "event" and the repair costs are the final straw.

You have ruined your reputation as a producer of games worth playing Bioware. EA, I never trusted you. I will never purchase another one of your products.

Thank you for ruining the Star Wars IP. Enjoy the money I foolishly spent on your product in the hopes that it would improve. It has gone down hill since day one. SWTOR is a mockery of a AAA MMORPG. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from SWTOR and any MMORPG that is part of the EA stable.

EA/Bioware ... you have my Email. Contact me there if you wish to discuss.

---------

Take care all. I have 28days to check PMs. Anyone who wishes, please feel free to PM me if you want to exchange emails.

God Bless all of you. Be safe.

Urael :cool:

Edited by Urael

I unsubscribed a couple of days ago having been subscribed since early access (luckily given the forum posts I did not have to deal with 1.7)

Here's why - or at least the top 5:

1) The bugs, mein gott the bugs. I can't even remember the last thing they implemented that worked as intended out of the box - 1.2? 1.1?. I am/was still experiencing regular CTDs from the unfixed memory leak they reintroduced 5 months ago.

2) The customer service. It's appalling or non existent - of the tickets and bug reports I have submitted over the year and a bit I have playing this game not one has been fixed at the point I unsubscribed. Of the tickets I have raised I have never received an answer that was even relevant to the issue let alone helpful.

3) Community engagement - what community engagement? The occasional unapologetic copy pasta response when a bug thread hits over twenty pages that doesn't tell you anything useful and half the time completely misunderstands the issue (thanks for providing a brilliant example of that today Amber!)

4) Repeated failures to honour promises, agreements, deadlines etc. Makeb is the most obvious example of this but the Cartel Market is significantly more intrusive and more required than the dev team committed to when trying to keep subscriptions pre 1.5.

5) Frankly once you've done an character of each faction leaving alts to experience the class story becomes increasingly tedious. On the planets with little class story content or even worse when the world quests are shared between factions it rapidly becomes actively painful to play.

Given Makeb promises more of the same without even the saving grace of the class story I am no longer able to justify the subscription. Should a reasonable amount of the QoL affecting bugs be resolved and other issues so progress I may be back if the class stories are continued at some future point but given the why EA has chosen to run the game thus far.....I doubt it.

1) If Bioware was selling EGGS about Star Wars it would be the best selling EGGS in the world.So a crap game about Star Wars is the same thing.People will come will pay and will leave this game.Its all about profit nowdays.Forget about fun in this game there isnt such thing dont waste your time. Edited by EricMusco

EAware doesn’t listen.

Freemium was a ruse to disguise the failure of SWTOR and the fact it was overhyped and rushed to market.

Incomplete systems (Legacy … and I am sure the new Reputation system has holes in it, given past performance.

Horrible “space system”

Uninteresting PvP and “forced” (via random) play with no choice to play a particular map.

Raid Bosses that all seem to have the same terrabad mechanic to bezerk just before you take them down.

Crappy Art for Armor and clothing. This stuff is starting to make ST:TNG costumers look good.

Nothing to really collect, and nothing to really explore to see ( no real easter egs).

lack of easter eggs things to explore and see, I feel I should point out, that while it has seriously gone down, stating a total lack of easter eggs is false. The latest and greatest was the whole Dreadtooth and the cave in TFB... if that doesn't fall under that category I dont know what does. Datacrons... They put a lot of time into this, and was very well thought out. The Magenta Color Crystal... and lastly the hidden nests with the eggs in them. These are just off the top of my head... in which aside from getting people to explore you are actually rewarded for doing so. If you ruin the intent of these by having the mystery and secret spoiled then that is on you but dont say they are not in the game.

No mini games.... lets see here, while that may be true, what did wow have for "mini-games" until MAYBE cata... so like what? 6 years? Since everyone wants to point at that game as the shining example... that means that if they put it in within the next 5 years they will be on track.

Horrible AH... well I will give you not the best in the world, I have played many games that are worse... Case and point your shiney WoW, that everyone likes to point out. That thing wasnt even useful unless you get a 3rd party addon. You can narrow down by many categories, and can search by any number of criteria, its much better than it once was.... way back in beta, and I have no issue finding whatever I want.

Speaking of, crappy art... While I will agree that the MAJOR gear (the raid gear and the pvp gear) leave something to be desired, since you can practically equip anything and then throw the mods into it to make it equal, I have NO issue finding unique and cool looks. Just found an awesome helm in the "crappy" gtn that I didn't even know existed in the game and have been running around with it as of late.

Crappy raid "berserk" mechanic... really? you are going to nitpick on one thing on the raids, and it is basically the defacto mechanic to kill everyone who take too long... how would you suggest "killing" everyone when you run out of time? The actually fights themselves have been very cool, and interresting. SOA is still by far THE BEST boss fight I have seen in a game period, followed by TFB. The only thing that holds TFB back is I feel that phase 1 goes on a bit too long. Seriously, the amount of mechanics going on in all of these fights, if one person messes up it is generally a wipe. (not referring to SM because that was their solution to just let people be able to see all the content.)

I could seriously go on, but it seems to me like you are just nitpicking on the small things that have been bothering you about this game and letting it get to you. Sure there are many things that I dont "like" in this game, but nothing to the point that I feel I can't play the game or that I have "wasted every moment".

I will say that I am sorry for your issues on the graphics front, while I personally haven't experienced this, I can understand this being an issue, and I will also give you the feeling of a lack of communication from the Devs, which it almost feels like they might be finally coming around to this a bit more, since It has been quite some time since actual Devs have stepped in to say things in threads, but it has been happening a lot more as of late. Aside from these, I do have a rebuttal to everything you posted, I just didn't want to go on for 5 pages.

I am by no means a fanboi and have had my own issues with the game in the past, but nothing to the point where I would never support BW again. EA is another issue, but it is almost impossible to avoid everything EA since you are actually cutting yourself off from a ton of really great games.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like my time in SWTOR is coming to an end. I haven’t really played since the 1.4 graphics issues. Each day since my enthusiasm for SWTOR has waned more and more. There are a number of issues that, quite frankly disgust me concerning the direction that SWTOR has taken since F2P/Freemium and the overall miss management and mishandling of SWTOR as a whole.

We both know that Freemium is a ruse to cover the fact that EA and BW miscalculated. SWTOR did not live up to what was promised. To be quite honest I feel that SWTOR is ruining the Star Wars IP. SWTOR is even ruining the memory of KoTOR. Each day the game evolves away from even what BW established in KoTOR to be nothing more than “yet another Sci-Fi” Space Opera with glowy-sticks.

There has been something wrong with each event that has ticked off a portion of the SWTOR player population. While it is true that no game or event is perfect, I have never ever seen such outright hatred for every single event that EAware has tried. It’s like they don’t listen. From boredom to griefing to an outright grind fest, there has been some of each element in every event. How is this fun again? How is this innovative? How is this original?

So basically:

EAware doesn’t listen.

Horrible “space system”

I was going to wait for Makeb but, this event is horrible for those that don’t want to PvP. I could stomach it if it was faction v faction. But, FFA is bringing out the jerks and gankers.

I feel as if I wasted every moment I spent in SWTOR. I never felt that way about Anarchy Online, Everquest, EQ2, City of Heros/Villians, Matrix Online, or even the time I spent in Lineage 2 and all the time I spent in SWG ( all three verions).

Also this:

Not that you care EA & Bioware. Not that you care at all. As long as you have drones willing to buy the garbage you peddle in your CM Store.

I for one have been here since launch. Early access day one. I have not played regularly since patch 1.4 "graphics improvements". I already paid for Makeb. I am still leaving. I have wasted over a year of my "gamer life" with your sub standard product. I have played EQ, EQ2, AO, CoH/V, SWG (all 3 incarnations), L2, Matrix Online, and WoW. In all those games I do not regret a single second I spent there. I regret the entirety of the last year spent with your substandard product. This "event" and the repair costs are the final straw.

You have ruined your reputation as a producer of games worth playing Bioware. EA, I never trusted you. I will never purchase another one of your products.

Thank you for ruining the Star Wars IP. Enjoy the money I foolishly spent on your product in the hopes that it would improve. It has gone down hill since day one. SWTOR is a mockery of a AAA MMORPG. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from SWTOR and any MMORPG that is part of the EA stable.

---------

Take care all. I have 28days to check PMs. Anyone who wishes, please feel free to PM me if you want to exchange emails.

I couldn't have put it better myself! Great, honest and raw review, Urael! :D Although I really do hope you come back someday once your sub ends next week. :)

I have to say I'm enjoying the game and I have no axe to grind. Yes, there are some things that could be improved but there are many, many good things.

I see so many threads with posters claiming that they have unsubbed. Some even seemed to have unsubbed weeks or months ago. I'm always curious why they stick around.

If you are one of the people who played for a time, then decided to quit, please answer the following questions:

What are your top 5 reasons why you left the game? Why do you stick around?

Maybe we can get some good feedback by putting this all in one place and maybe we can clean up other threads by putting this all in one place.

Sand

I was in beta, I played at launch. I had paid time until April right at launch. I quit in Jan 2012, but came back last month.

The man reason I quit.

Bored/not having fun.

I felt the game need more changes and more time to fix bugs and other issues.

Graphics (IMO) where better in beta than launch, but I think they are ok now. I wish we had more in game options for graphics though.

When I came back I deleted all my characters and started over. I am enjoying my self way more now. But I am also playing on the empire side.

So basically:

EAware doesn’t listen.

Horrible “space system”

Also this:

---------

couldn't agree more. same story here(bolded). beta, early access, server 1st BM, etc.

so much unfulfilled potential.

- TERRIBLE Space-Game

- Terrible Crafting-Game

- Expertise stat in PvP

- No open world-PvP

- No sandbox elements

all the same reasons that drove me to unsub.

- TERRIBLE Space-Game

- Terrible Crafting-Game

- Expertise stat in PvP

- No open world-PvP

- No sandbox elements

I couldn't agree more.

I joined SWTOR in December with very low expectations, curious as to whether any game could truly be as bad as so many ex-players had been loudly proclaiming for almost a year. Obviously I'd been aware of the game for a long time but with TOR's themepark colours clearly nailed to its mast, not even the combined allure of Bioware and Star Wars could tempt me to buy it. So I am honestly grateful for the opportunity that the F2P transition provided - I would never have played otherwise. My initial impressions were positive and I subbed shortly after. And I have certainly enjoyed the game these past 3-4 months; that rich Bioware story-sauce was delicious enough to distract me from the generic MMO stodge that it was so generously poured over. But now I've had as much of the latter as I can comfortably digest. Much more and I'll end up vomiting bile all over the forums like all those other incoherent, raging slobs who still obsess over SWG. And although I'll continue to nibble away at TOR now and again as a preferred player, I'm no longer willing to pay for a seat at the high(er) table. My subscription ends tomorrow.

To list the 5 aspects of the game that I found most disagreeable (well, the OP did ask):

1. The Cartel Market. The pachyderm in the parlour. Some believe it's the Magnanimous Elephant God of Wish Fulfillment, but this gamer's Ganesh has already dropped its load all over crafting and had a tentative whizz on the space game. I don't trust it nor do I trust its handlers.

2. Exhaustion zones and the frustratingly constricted feel of so many planets. Tatooine was grand though, I always took my time there.

3. The space game. Smells faintly of elephant wee.

4. Poor race/species selection. One place I would have been glad to see an elephant, but alas no Ortolans.

5. Very limited options for avatar customization. Now I understand how a woman feels when another girl wears the same dress to a party. Here you can join a party of four and you're all wearing the same head.

Well, that was mildly cathartic. Thank you for reading. So long, and thanks for all the sith.