2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG

I'm trying to figure out why to celebrate they are punishing me with Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks. I would rather have the coal. I would get a lot more use out of it since I don't PvP or care about all the fireworks that are going to be shot in my face.. Edited by Sorwen

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's a cold, hard fact that no one EVER complained about the rewards given in SWG.

/roseColoredGlasses

only reason someone would complain about rewards in SWG was because they did work correctly. other than that i never saw anyone complain about the rewords

only reason someone would complain about rewards in SWG was because they did work correctly. other than that i never saw anyone complain about the rewords
They complained about them for the same reasons they complain about them here:

- Not enough thought.

- Lame.

- Only appeals to the hardcore/casuals.

- Just a re-skin.

- Just more of the same.

- Not Star Warsy.

- Wanted something better.

The list goes on.

Edited by Rankyn

- Not enough thought.

- Lame.

- Just a re-skin.

- Just more of the same.

- Not Star Warsy.

The list goes on.

And there's me. I thought it didn't show much appreciation from BioWare themselves celebrating two years considering the rough start it had. I thought they would be happy and really try and show it to the players with something special. I didn't care about the gift itself, to me it just looked as if BioWare was so exhausted with the game now that they just didn't have any enthusiasm left for celebration. I found it rather sad to be honest. I want them to be happy. I want it to show. It didn't to me.

Edited by Wintermist

- Not enough thought.

- Lame.

- Just a re-skin.

- Just more of the same.

- Not Star Warsy.

The list goes on.

ok now i know you are just trolling because you could choose what items you got and other items were not reskined.

They are indeed underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I demand good free stuff, but if they're going to make a big deal out of it, they should show that it's a big deal. If they hadn't done anything for this beyond mentioning it there wouldn't have been an issue, but by hyping it they are pretty much setting this up.

tldr; Meh, oh well.

They are indeed underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I demand good free stuff, but if they're going to make a big deal out of it, they should show that it's a big deal. If they hadn't done anything for this beyond mentioning it there wouldn't have been an issue, but by hyping it they are pretty much setting this up.

tldr; Meh, oh well.

The only people that have made a big deal out of it, as far as I've seen, are the people who've decided to stuff this thread full of whiny posts about how free stuff isn't good enough.

tldr; Meh, oh well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

i would even settle for a pack or whatever. Eveyr other game ive played offers WAY better gifts.

hell i would even prefer nothing than that joke.

Yeah, because that would show they put some thought into it, it would be so much more personal and appreciative and it definitely wouldn't have players crying about Bioware's focus on the Cartel Market.

:rolleyes:

I'm trying to figure out why to celebrate they are punishing me with Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks. I would rather have the coal. I would get a lot more use out of it since I don't PvP or care about all the fireworks that are going to be shot in my face..

Umm...you know no one's forcing you to keep the fireworks or use the paint job, right?

Edited by TheNahash

Even designing a special event would be more fun I think, like some celebration in-game of sorts. I don't really need items at all, I more want the experience of some milestone passed.

I agree an in game event to commemorate the 2nd anniversary could have a lot of potential for fun for the community. A lot of other mmo's have them and I have always enjoyed myself during those events.

Just be careful how you word that though. Saying you "want" something around here quite often gets you slapped with the "self entitled" label by the local forum police / thread derailers.

Up on today's News page is the following:

"We are excited to celebrate two years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! As our thanks to you, we’ll be rewarding all players with exclusive Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks on December 17, 2013."

That's extremely underwhelming. Considering the constant balancing act between what to permit for free for F2P players and giving subs reasons to stay subbed, it seems like BW would be better served by having a veteran rewards program for subs as opposed to only have these periodic minor rewards for everyone, regardless of length of time played. CoH had a pretty good veteran rewards program which had various benefits at every 3 months of sub time that got better and better the longer you subbed. I realize that this is just a reward for the anniversary of the game and not only for subs or based on length of time subbing, but it just highlights that some people have been subbing for 2 years now....and maybe they ought to think about throwing subs a bone in terms of some kind of veteran rewards program. Let's face it, not only are the subs actively contributing money to this game each month in terms of sub fees, but they are the ones spending most of the CM money too. F2P aren't spending any money and preferred people aren't even paying for a monthly sub so I doubt too many of them are the high spenders on the CM. It's not a make or break type of thing, but just seems like it would be good PR for a game that could use some PR.

Step one: Appeal to a Veterans Appellate court located in your state (if you live in the states)

Step two: Spend an outrageous amount of money employing a lawyer to write a half page brief about why you think you should get veterans rewards

Step three: Receive a harsh denial and a note of stupidity for asking an Appellate court (which has little to no original jurisdiction) for a ruling when their job is to make sure that court cases from lower courts were fairly distributed

Step four: Spend time sulking because you don't have enough money left to employ a lawyer to take your case to a General Trial court.

And that is how you get veterans rewards :D

Can we all just agree that next year they can give us some gear or something that has a better use than fireworks?

How about they do nothing? None of this stuff is interesting or useful anyway. All it does is bring out QQers on the forum. Might as well just let it go without any acknowledgment.