This comic cover is, well, peculiar.

Angedechu

If you didn't read issue #1 the cover would make no sense to anyone... :rolleyes:

The "girl with wings" was a child of one of the slaves that the Sith had with them before crashing landing on the planet. I jsut suggest you read the comic, it's very interesting to see a nother side of the Sith that you never usually see.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/21-322

The red-haired gal is the daughter of one of the handful of Sith High Lords that is not a complete nutjob....

But seriously ? Vampire/Succubus in SW ?

Anything for a buck :(

It's kind of sad how the EU is spiraling into cash-grabbing fad-chasing. Explains all the edgy grimdark crap that's been rolling out in each novel series, too. I expect to be flamed for this, but that's all right, I buffed my elemental resistance.

I read the comic and such.

I'm fine with the heritage and social status of the girl. I'm not fine with the fact she have wings (hence the comment vampire or succubus)

Star Wars has a lot of strange species, this didn't suprise me at all.

Hell you should see what Marvel comes up with sometimes.

Star Wars has a lot of strange species, this didn't suprise me at all.

Hell you should see what Marvel comes up with sometimes.

It's not the "strangeness" that bothers me. To me, it's actually that it's pretty cut-and-paste from any modern fantasy. Demon-winged dark women? Yeah, seen that everywhere. If they're going to add something new, that was pretty lazy :(

Well we have the Anzat, who are quite vampire like. Then you have Sith Sorcery that has created zombies, as well as the Blackwing virus. In the "Clone Wars" the Dothomiri made an Army of the Dead (where's Ash when you need him?) and then again in "Death Troopers". Dr Evanzan created a resurrection serum similar to "Herbert West - Re-Animator" by H.P. Lovecraft (although I do love Jeffrey Combs in the movie). The Rakghouls are ghouls if you take away Rak. :rak_01:

They could also be compared to lyncanthropes, since once bitten the change into a beast. Speaking of werewolves, there is the Codru-Ji.

Why is a sucubbus such a stretch?

Edited by Thylbanus

Well we have the Anzat, who are quite vampire like. Then you have Sith Sorcery that has created zombies, as well as the Blackwing virus. In the "Clone Wars" the Dothomiri made an Army of the Dead (where's Ash when you need him?) and then again in "Death Troopers". Dr Evanzan created a resurrection serum similar to "Herbert West - Re-Animator" by H.P. Lovecraft (although I do love Jeffrey Combs in the movie). The Rakghouls are ghouls if you take away Rak. :rak_01:

They could also be compared to lyncanthropes, since once bitten the change into a beast. Speaking of werewolves, there is the Codru-Ji.

Why is a sucubbus such a stretch?

It's more like yet another step in a downward spiraling path of cheap cash-ins to blend in with other fantasy fiction.

If I saw space elves, I'd be very tempted to jump ship.

Edited by Neverfar

It's more like yet another step in a downward spiraling path of cheap cash-ins to blend in with other fantasy fiction.

If I saw space elves, I'd be very tempted to jump ship.

Funny you said that, Star Wars elves are called Sephi.

Plus, Warhammer 40K has space elves, they are called Eldar.

Edited by Thylbanus

I don't see what the issue is with the comic cover. Already have winged people in Star Wars. We have the S'kytri, one of which was an apprentice to Vader. And Zeltron were pretty much the Incubus/Succubus race of Star Wars. Elves they already kinda had with Arkanians who had that high-mighty attitude like High Elves, and Master Arca of the Jedi was actually part alien and had Pointed Ears, to which Jarael inherited.

But seriously ? Vampire/Succubus in SW ?

There was already a succubus-like being in SW before this. I can't remember which book it was but Lando had asked Luke to help find him a wife, and one of the prospective candidates they were investigating was basically a succubus.

This was shortly before Lando tried to romance Mara Jade, so obviously before Luke & Mara's romance and marriage took place.

Funny you said that, Star Wars elves are called Sephi.

Plus, Warhammer 40K has space elves, they are called Eldar.

I don't know what Sephi are, but they probably are lame cash-ins on fantasy troupes, unless you declare otherwise.

Doesn't really affect my stance.

i want space elves please,,where do i sign?

i can make elf lookalikes in STO, and i really think they would be quite popular here too

but maybe thats just me, i always was a sucker for elven booty

Requests like that will wind up with Bioware giving us Dragon Age II elves, and none of the better looking ones either.:p