Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

To that effect, the post you quoted was in reference to that, which is people will get annoyed or angry when someone repetitively tries to tell them that they are bad, evil, terrible people for simply using tools that are available to -everyone.- It's not their job to "go easy" or "Play somewhere else" because other people are too lazy, stupid, or stubborn to do some very basic things to "up" their game.

I love how you quickly turn to play the victim role in this scenario. Even if you only read a few pages back you can see the insults are more often thrown by pro-pugstompers.

Who ever asked for people to go "easy" on them? Play somewhere else? The groups would remain in the same queue bracket they always have been. It would be the solo queuer's that move to another area.

This is what happens when you jump into things unprepared. You get..."stomped" ;)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

+1

Unsubbed - As long at BioEA keeps smoking crack and allowing premades to play against pug's in WZ's they won't get another dime from me. Its just plain lazy on BioEA's behalf and frankly they don't deserve any more of my cash for this. Yes that's the sound of the door behind me.

+1

Unsubbed - As long at BioEA keeps smoking crack and allowing premades to play against pug's in WZ's they won't get another dime from me. Its just plain lazy on BioEA's behalf and frankly they don't deserve any more of my cash for this. Yes that's the sound of the door behind me.

Well, I don't know if you saw earlier in the thread, but the rumor is that BW is releasing solo ranked queue in update 4.4 which, as long as its not backfilling premade queues, I could call that a reasonable step towards solo play. Doesn't give the noob solos a queue to learn the game but maybe by 4.4 they will have thought it through and just add solo-only along with solo-ranked.

I think you hit the heart of the issue.

-.- bad players always blame someone else first. I'd love to see one take a moment after the match and ask "What did I do wrong?" instead of "What the hell those guys be cheap!"

I'll give the anti-premade peeps in here a hint. Even a premade-player should reflect on their mistakes every match... the only difference is most of them do.

This is not a 'bad player' issue... When one side has a PvP population advantage their own pugs are vs. their own faction... Imps on my server have a minor league established... if you can't get out of the minors in the imp vs. imp pug's to get the chance to play on a premade then you almost never get to PvP against the Pub side. A Pub side which by the way is floudering badly... That is what makes PUG vs. Premade BROKEN. Its not the players. Premades vs. PUGS should be considered an exploit and the Devs need to repair it pronto...

Edited by catherder

This is not a 'bad player' issue... When one side has a PvP population advantage their own pugs are vs. their own faction... Imps on my server have a minor league established... if you can't get out of the minors in the imp vs. imp pug's to get the chance to play on a premade then you almost never get to PvP against the Pub side. That is what makes PUG vs. Premade BROKEN. Its not the players... Premades vs. PUGS should be considered an exploit but the DEVS are too lazy to repair it.

the devs haven't even said anything on the matter of superQing, which is clearly an exploit. they're not going to consider pugs vs. premades one (the latter is not at all, imo).

the devs haven't even said anything on the matter of superQing, which is clearly an exploit. they're not going to consider pugs vs. premades one (the latter is not at all, imo).

Precisely my point. This is a population exploit that nobody wants to address. The IMP side minor league is the result of the population exploit which is only made possible by allowing PUGS vs. Premades. If you queued groups vs. groups and allowed pugs to queue separately then this would not be an issue. When you can queue and pop on command there is something dramatically wrong with the balance of the game between the factions.

Edited by catherder

Well, I don't know if you saw earlier in the thread, but the rumor is that BW is releasing solo ranked queue in update 4.4 which, as long as its not backfilling premade queues, I could call that a reasonable step towards solo play. Doesn't give the noob solos a queue to learn the game but maybe by 4.4 they will have thought it through and just add solo-only along with solo-ranked.

BioEA has my money for the Sub right now not on the promise of some future patch... a future patch does little for the money I already spent right now. I hope you meant 2.4 and not 4.4 lol

I'd like to see the "its the players fault" folks try to PvP level a Pub side character, premade or no premade... They will quickly change their tunes or lie. One or the other... Cross faction PvP is broken. Please fix it soon. Thanks! ;)

aaaand...you bait me with the name thing. get fuct.

<.< I actually meant it as a term of endearment or a nickname, but if Foxy is somehow offensive allow me to change it and repost my reply to you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly Foxmob, me and you have gone round about these things before. My post was in response to Tridus, who's messages are often 2-3 lines and are clearly little more than prodding/trolling for emotional reactions. Unfortunately he/she tends to think they succeed.

I agree there isn't anything horribly wrong in wanting an even playing field and of course I still think they need to keep (1) increasing our pool of people and (2) refining the matchmaking system. It's not something I'm disputing.

The place where there is a divide (for many) is what does even playing field refer to? Where is the deciding line between "sandboxes?" That line is -not- at the solo queue vs. group queue level though, which is where this monster thread has been centered for months it seems.

To that effect, the post you quoted was in reference to that, which is people will get annoyed or angry when someone repetitively tries to tell them that they are bad, evil, terrible people for simply using tools that are available to -everyone.- It's not their job to "go easy" or "Play somewhere else" because other people are too lazy, stupid, or stubborn to do some very basic things to "up" their game.

*Edits to filter out random nonsense*

Last I checked, I wasn't asking for the same playground. Hence the word "seperate" queue's, it would be two different playgrounds. One for those learner types, as you put it and one for those "fraking newbs".

Not surprising, your response had nothing of substance and you clearly didn't read what I wrote.

This quote is the one that references the "playground:"

And they have The fracking nerve to tell you that -You- are a terrible person because they are worse players than you are, but you still want to play on the same playground with everyone else.

It's part of the "Pretend you're a person who has friends and plays with them" section I wrote. Here, the bad player is telling you (the fictional good player you're suppose to imagine you are as you read this) that you are a terrible person for being better than them and still wanting to be in the same system/playground/queue pool.

Don't really care though, probably last response you'll get from me as I regulate you to the "ignore the troll" list. Congratz!

BioEA has my money for the Sub right now not on the promise of some future patch... a future patch does little for the money I already spent right now. I hope you meant 2.4 and not 4.4 lol

Yes, yes 2.4 omg lol.

And, I just hope that it is the case about the ranked solo, and that they release info SOON, and that it's not just solo-backfilling; and that they do release solo-only regs too, even though I will probably play solo ranked.

Edited by Comfterbilly

This is not a 'bad player' issue... When one side has a PvP population advantage their own pugs are vs. their own faction... Imps on my server have a minor league established... if you can't get out of the minors in the imp vs. imp pug's to get the chance to play on a premade then you almost never get to PvP against the Pub side. A Pub side which by the way is floudering badly... That is what makes PUG vs. Premade BROKEN. Its not the players. Premades vs. PUGS should be considered an exploit and the Devs need to repair it pronto...

<.< that post, doesn't make any sense.

It's totally a bad player issue, because every player has the same ability to add people to friends list, look for a guild, group up, and group queue if they think that gives them an advantage.

The reasons stated that a player can't do something so simple all boil down to either lazy, stupid, or stubborn.

The place where there is a divide (for many) is what does even playing field refer to? Where is the deciding line between "sandboxes?" That line is -not- at the solo queue vs. group queue level though, which is where this monster thread has been centered for months it seems.

I hold the following truth to be self evident: good players don't group with poor or novice players. and if they do, it's for the rare friend, certainly nothing that will have any effect whatsoever on the population at large. therefore, saying that "you can grp up too" to a novice player is lying with the truth. honestly, it's a kind of darwinist capitalism, but I guess I just opened a whole bigger can of worms with that analogy.

back to swtor: if the novice can only grp with other novices, then forming a grp isn't going to have the same effect on game play as good players grouping with other good players. in fact, it makes WZs more lopsided. I don't blame good players for grping. it makes sense for them. better chance of winning. on the other hand, I understand novice players not wanting to be cannon fodder for these grps good players. that's not a game. that's a slaughter. there's no "competition" in that.

I play on a US pve server. there are ALWAYS grps (of every caliber) in queue. there are ALWAYS pugs of every caliber in queue. now I can't say what life is like on your server, but on mine, the only difference separate queues would make are A) solos wouldn't face premades; B) premades would always face premades; premades and solos will find themselves facing and teaming with more familar faces. Also, I think odd number'd premade grps would have to be eliminated, else queue times would go up. not because the pool would be smaller. that's a myth. there are plenty of 2m and 4m grps in queue at all time.

in summary, "form a grp yourself" is disingenuous; it's not going to make an average player better. "queue times will suffer" is a myth on popular servers. I do think it's a valid concern for oceanic and less popular (perhaps RP?) US servers.

Edited by foxmob

I'd like to see the "its the players fault" folks try to PvP level a Pub side character, premade or no premade... They will quickly change their tunes or lie. One or the other... Cross faction PvP is broken. Please fix it soon. Thanks! ;)

ive done it. and i solo queue on my commando quite regularly. i dont get stomped. in fact, i do quite well.

"It's a premade.. just farm medals".

Quote ^ from Civil War today. Makes me think ,what the premades are doing and the heart of the problem, is just wasting everybody's time.

Because ^ why are we paying to farm? It's not what I log in for. The time it takes to watch it load, is way too much time to donate to the premade lowlifes of America.

Seriously though it would be so much better if there is a solo-only queue. Them being in the queue IS the problem. All they are is a dog with a pug in its mouth that it doesn't want BW to forcibly remove.

Stop wasting our time BW get them out of our queue!

Edited by Comfterbilly

The classes I play, I do extensive to research so I know the rotations and I research strategies for playing that class. I dont want to be hinderence on a team. I want to be an asset. But I agree...sometimes premades just stomp my face in. Fully gear and augmented on my sorc and operative and I get crushed by premades...but HOLY SH*T...that's PvP for you.

I do think there should be some sort of matchmaking...cause I do HATE playing with bads or people who tend to think that these WZ are a team deathmatch. F'in hate that!!!!

people who complain about premades make PvP bad for the rest of us...cause you're probably the same person or type of person who complained about not being gear so Bioware brings this f'ed up bolster system into place. whats the point of gearing yourself out if you can just use level 54 gear and do better than partisan <-- just read that in another post.

Quote ^ from Civil War today. Makes me think ,what the premades are doing and the heart of the problem, is just wasting everybody's time.

Because ^ why are we paying to farm? It's not what I log in for. The time it takes to watch it load, is way too much time to donate to the premade lowlifes of America.

Seriously though it would be so much better if there is a solo-only queue. Them being in the queue IS the problem. All they are is a dog with a pug in its mouth that it doesn't want BW to forcibly remove.

Stop wasting our time BW get them out of our queue!

If I'm reading your post right, and correct me if I misread it, but your team basically gave up the moment that they saw that they were facing a premade and decided to just farm medals and not attempt to win.

If that is indeed the case, then the issue is not that you faced a premade, but that your team did not even try to defeat them and gave up before ever really trying.

Also, as I said if that was indeed the case, the people that wasted your time was not those on the premade, but your team mates.

Premades are not some unstoppable force. They are defeated pretty regularly by players that, even without a voice chat, manage to work together, support one another, and understand the goals of the warzone and work to accomplish them.

I hold the following truth to be self evident: good players don't group with poor or novice players. and if they do, it's for the rare friend, certainly nothing that will have any effect whatsoever on the population at large.

I have to respond to just your post right here (not that I ignored the rest) because here I believe is the fundamental flaw.

The above is not a self evident truth. Good players do group with novice players (and perhaps poor players), but only if the novice players show a willingness to learn and the want to participate in group play. I myself receive "training" from more experienced players without being one of their special friends. In turn I've group with novice players and told them things like "Watch for mezz caps, don't CC break immediately."

-Maybe- your experience has been different for some reason, and I'll refrain from "attacks" on your particular social attitude. I'm curious though, how many solo puggers also are "hardcore" pvp'ers who also never do any PvE, be it planets or flashpoints? I've also met some of my best pvp friends during flashpoints, forming bonds with them that extended into the Warzones.

Maybe that's the issue? Not enough (not you specifically) social outlets to make friends?

Really premades is the only way to even queue up for non-ranked warzones the fact that you know you have 4 people with a brain including yourself just makes warzones more enjoyable than queueing up solo and getting stuck with complete idiotic morons for a team. Sorry if it seems that is a narrow view but I myself don't queue for warzones to lose unlike everyone who solo queues does from what I've noticed in warzones lately.

Not surprising, your response had nothing of substance and you clearly didn't read what I wrote.

This quote is the one that references the "playground:"

It's part of the "Pretend you're a person who has friends and plays with them" section I wrote. Here, the bad player is telling you (the fictional good player you're suppose to imagine you are as you read this) that you are a terrible person for being better than them and still wanting to be in the same system/playground/queue pool.

Don't really care though, probably last response you'll get from me as I regulate you to the "ignore the troll" list. Congratz!

And the maturity level shows up once again. "Oh they disagree with me? Lalalala can't hear youuuuuu!"

You displayed a very poor troll attempt. Since you bowed out of the discussion, concession accepted. ;)