Fix rewards for latecomers please

Tigalo

Seriously, this has to stop. I am sick and tired of waiting in warzone queues, join late for a team thats loosing without any time to get medals, so no comms, no rewars, exit warzone, wait in another queue, join another loosing side without time to get medals, rince and repeat.

Its getting ridiculous.

This has happened to me today, several times, on both factions.

Yes yes, it has probably been mentioned before, but it needs to be mentioned again until they fix it.

Edited by Tigalo

really? you want rewards for doing nothing? omg! WZ ended 6 seconds after i join!!! i deserve 100 comms and XP and credits!!!

I want rewards for quitters wasting my time. If I spend 15 minutes in a queue and then join for the last 10 seconds of a wz the quitter has wasted 15 minutes of my game time, when this happens a few times in a row it gets really frustrating.

Its either giving rewards to the latecommers or make the wz unable to accept new players after it has started.

As it is now, when ppl quit warzones left and right at first sign of trouble I get into more warzones that has already started than I get into fresh ones. And BW seem to thing its wrong to punish quitters! Well then, reward the latercomers that join to late to be able to get a badge.

I want rewards for quitters wasting my time. If I spend 15 minutes in a queue and then join for the last 10 seconds of a wz the quitter has wasted 15 minutes of my game time, when this happens a few times in a row it gets really frustrating.

Its either giving rewards to the latecommers or make the wz unable to accept new players after it has started.

As it is now, when ppl quit warzones left and right at first sign of trouble I get into more warzones that has already started than I get into fresh ones. And BW seem to thing its wrong to punish quitters! Well then, reward the latercomers that join to late to be able to get a badge.

ummm no. the quitter wasted 10 seconds of your game time, not 15 min.

Edited by MiaRB

The only thing is, because of those 10 seconds, the OP would then have to start at the back of the WZ queue. That's your waste of 15 mins right there.

Edited by chimex

really? you want rewards for doing nothing? omg! WZ ended 6 seconds after i join!!! i deserve 100 comms and XP and credits!!!

Yes! Because we DID do something...we lost our place in whatever queue there was. It's certainly not the latecomers fault there are only 3 seconds left...if I'm forced to lose my spot and waste my time, I think it's 100% fair to ask for something.

Yes actually... Not because they produced in the WZ (in which case they would be rewarded appropriately) but because to give them nothing, means through no fault of their own, their time was completely wasted. I don't endorse any system that completely wastes someone's time. It's annoying. Annoying = Bad.

You are not so good at math and logic are you?

If all the quitters think like you do, that might explain a lot.

Edited by Tigalo

There DEFINITELY needs to be a late comer medal or medals. There's no incentive to stay on a half finished, losing WZ because someone quit. You don't have the time to make the necessary medals to get any comms. Until they implement something like this, I'm just going to insta-leave any already in progress, losing matches I get placed in. Broken system is broken.

You are not so good at math and logic are you?

If all the quitters think like you do, that might explain a lot.

i never quit WZs. but at the same time, i dont blow a fuze if i get added to a WZ that ends 10 seconds after i enter. i just reque. if you PVE que, should you get rewards if someone in the group disconects? i mean, you may have had to wait 5 or ten minutes for them to get back. thats time wasted afterall.

anyway, how much would you like to be rewarded for joining a WZ that ends right after you enter?

Why not just have a FP type que. When your turn pops it tells you "Warzone in progress" or not, that way you know if you wanna join or skip. Sure lots of people would skip, but if you just WZ for the daily or because you enjoy it you still get the benefits..

I like this idea, but if you hit skip you should not be dropped from Que.

Why don't just ask BW for a flag in wz queue: "Include warzones in progress". That's it. Sometimes it's really frustrating to join in-progress warzone --> even if it's won. Well, i wanna pvp and sometimes i pvp without any quests, give me that lovely button to switch on/off in-progress wzs match and i'll be happy. I guess it would satisfy many of us.

It's something that seems to be in every multiplayer games these days and it's just horrible. People are already not caring enough and with backfills they're given even less incentive. The games that are about to end when you join are obviously the worst because instead of going for the objective you have to chase down a few quick medals, to make sure that you get something out of the load times. As a healer I failed in getting my quota yesterday and had to walk away empty handed (I joined with less than a minute left and didnt want to self-heal myself).

Then there's the never ending loop where you, as a solo player, will end up in the same game regardless of how many times you quit. Look, I don't quit games I've been in from the start but if I join a 0-4 HB game I'm gonna quit on you. I will then re-queue.......just to end up in the same game, the score now being 0-5.

If you backfill you should automatically get the minimum requirement for wz rewards so that you don't have to walk away with nothing, it's not your loss and you will most likely not have a good time if the rest of the team sucks. Or simple get rid of the crap.

Edited by MidichIorian

They should at least set a minimum of 30 coms if you join a game with only seconds left imo. How about compensating people for the fact that they just wasted literally 2 mins of their life stairing at a loading screen?

Given that it's counter-productive to sanction quitters heavily (they'll ruin WZs worse by afking instead), it makes sense to reward those who arrive late to a warzone as compensation for truncated play and fewer rewards. Otherwise they're being penalised for someone else's selfish decision to quit out.

Something like a flat 10 comms bonus for backfilling, awarded at the end of the WZ, would be great. Nice little reward, but not so great it would make people quit and requeue in the hope of getting it.

Given that it's counter-productive to sanction quitters heavily (they'll ruin WZs worse by afking instead), it makes sense to reward those who arrive late to a warzone as compensation for truncated play and fewer rewards. Otherwise they're being penalised for someone else's selfish decision to quit out.

Something like a flat 10 comms bonus for backfilling, awarded at the end of the WZ, would be great. Nice little reward, but not so great it would make people quit and requeue in the hope of getting it.

A well balanced and considered response to the issue, I like it.

+1 from me :D